TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cool Sounding Rides

Thank you for the quick response. The american eagles first drop and valley noise that is just awesome a great quot on it from rollercoaster philosophy website "However, there was a strong vibration, unlike anything else I’ve ever experienced: an extremely fine but aggressive vibration, like we’re sitting in a vibra-massage chair set on high. It doesn’t jostle us around, it just rattles our nerves while our center of gravity moves smoothly forward like we’re on Raging Bull. It also rattles my nerves thinking about how ridiculously fast we must be going to get this sort of sensation." only video i could hear it

Edited by LoopScreweD

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved the way DB sound like with its unique B&M Roar.

Also Vortex's chain lift is so clanky and metal clanking I love it!

I also love Flight Decks *chugchugchug* sound

Also Invertigos electric sounding lift hill.

DB

Vortex

Flight Deck

Invertigo

Kumba sounds brilliant. I was never there in it's early days (first ride in 2006), and have wondered whether it sounded the same in it's first year. Can anyone on here who was there at Kumba's birth answer me this, please?

Just standing on the bridge and hearing it go under and over you was an experience. Amazing ride.

Kumba's never really changed. BGT has kept it up really well, and every time I've been on it, from the year after it was built until a couple years ago, it's been the same amazing ride, sound included.

Great question, and I love some of the answers!

Here are two that came to mind right away for me: the wind-up sound of the S&S air-launched coasters in China (only experienced on video) makes my heart race. LOVE that sound.

And back when Magic Mountain had the seals in the water show tanks near Ninja, when the trains would come to the final stop at the bottom of the lift, and they'd make that barking sound, and the seals would bark back? Loved that so much.

(Also, that video of the six-year-old girl riding American Eagle is adorable. She looks so scared at first, but once it's over, she's all smiles.)

Here is a existing topic that is very similar to this one. If I may be wrong, ignore this post or mods can delete it.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63416

You're correct. I didn't see that in the search so that's my fault. I did make this topic to include flat rides and other attraction sounds as well in addition to roller coasters sounds though.

For me it has to be the classic B&M roar as well as the noise some B&M inverts' lift hill make (such as batman at SFGAdv).

Oh, I also love the noise when the intamin's accelerator coasters' dogs get released into the catchcar.

When a Space Shot release the air while the vehicule is at the top...

According to this video, the buzzer + the sound of the launch sounds epic:

Ok it's a sound effect (does it count?), but when it works, the BOOM of Space Mountain canon is really awesome.

I also love the sound of the magnetic brakes on freefalls, and the Scream wooosh (Heide Park) while coming back to station:

(Yeah, sound like an explosion here)

One I heard over the weekend was the Larson Fireball/Ring of Fire...it almost reminds me of SEFK's wooshing sounds minus becoming nearly deaf as the train passes through the course. It almost sounds like howling wind!

Other rides that sound pretty neat:

-Hammerhead (Zamperla Hawk 48) SFDK

-Gold Striker blasting through its tunnel...you can almost feel it in your body when in line or standing at the park entrance.

-The drive motor on CGA's sky ride, Eagle's Flight building

-Superman Ultimate Flight, SFDK...love the high pitched/nearly silent launch it makes...followed by a B&M-like roar as the train goes through the course.

-As much as I disliked the ride, Revolution down at SFMM sounded pretty neat...again the wooshing noise as the train flies through the trees.

-And for now, I'll end it with Xcelerator's hydraulic launch...the high pitched winding noise.