TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Deja-Vu

I'm just curious, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I have read a fair bit about Deja-Vu, specifically the one at SFMM, being unreliable, etc. What sort of problems has it encountered? I did read somewhere once about it stalling a fair bit, was this true?

Also, as a ride experience, what is it like, is it a typical Vekoma, ie, a bit rough?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of the problems had to do with the train not latching onto the catch car of the second tower, which would result in stalling. I've also heard about lots of computer errors.

The ride itself was pretty rough, though the vertical towers were pretty cool. Unfortunately, in my experience, when the train catches the catche cars, it shakes pretty violently.

Mark "2 rides in 5 minutes was NOT a good idea" Luskus

Absolutely! I just found the restraints to be really horribly designed (to ensure maximum pain factor)! What's that inward-facing 'lump' into your ribcage all about? On my first ride, I was near the front which didn't seem too bad. But on the second, I was near the back. At the sudden stop on the spike above the station at the end of the ride, I lurched forward and it felt like I had broken a rib! (I hadn't).

Robin

^I should ban you for that!

You probably want to know why I put Deja Vu higher that Balder on my list.

1. Hanging straight down over 50 meters above the ground beats Balder's 70* drop

2. I like inversions and "hanging" more than air-time

3. Balder's banks are really slow

4. Deja Vu goes backwards

+ I think Deja Vu is pretty smooth, although Balder is a lot smoother ofcourse.

I actually enjoy Deja Vu, I love just hanging there before it drops you on the first tower.This is probably why it has all those restraints, probably cause most sane people would fell unsafe in that position.My problems with this ride is that in 5 visits to SFOG I've ridden it twice. It's always either broke or if its running has a minimum 2 hour wait.

Absolutely! I just found the restraints to be really horribly designed (to ensure maximum pain factor)! What's that inward-facing 'lump' into your ribcage all about? On my first ride, I was near the front which didn't seem too bad. But on the second, I was near the back. At the sudden stop on the spike above the station at the end of the ride, I lurched forward and it felt like I had broken a rib! (I hadn't).

Robin

I hate the lump in the front of the seat, not sure why it's there, but I resort to holding myself off the seat when you hit the first tower for the second time to avoid the pain it causes........I feel all "ouchie" just thinking about it.

Didn't they replace a section of track on all of them? What was the deal with that?

They most certainly did, that section was a little off for some reason and they were "wearing out" parts of the ride in odd ways......I'll let you guess if you don't already know.

• 10 months later...
SFMM has the hands down best of the three deja vu's. it has always been smooth, the line isn't muder, the dispatches are pretty good (unlike SFGAm.), and the air in the back on the first spike is amazing

Why does everyone forget there are 4 Deja Vu's! Just because Stuntfall doesn't has the same colours or name doesn't mean it's not a member of the club

I also think Stuntfall is the best of them (Elissa said it so)

SFGAm definitely has the worst Deja. First of all, the dispatch times are usually 9 minutes apart (which is why the line can take up to 4 hours sometimes!) Also, there are a LOT of miscatch problems on the second spike. I think that Vekoma jumped the gun on the inverted boomerangs... they should've done some more work on it before releasing it (unless it's something that the parks are doing wrong)

^ I don't know when you last went to SFGAm, but I was there on June 30, and the dispatches were just fine. The line was long (to the head of the queue mazes, but were not using any of the mazes), but it only took about 30-35 minutes to get through the line. It was down mechanical for a bit later in the day, but it was running for the vast majority of the day.

And I didn't think the ride was very rough, nor the restraints very bad.

I had to wait 3 years to ride Deja Vu at SFGAm.

in 2001, I moved from Gurnee. And Deja Vu hadn't opened. But V2 did, so I was glad I got that credit.

I visited in 2003, only to find that Deja Vu didn't even have the trains in the station.

I visited one last time in 2004, arrived at the park. And the power was out. I stayed stationary at Deja Vu convinced it would open. To my surprise...It did, I only had to wait like 4 cycles.

AND Boy, did I love it. Not my top coaster of course, but the design was a great Idea. Now only if they could have made it more reliable.

A lot of the reliabilty issues would have to be with the vallying.

DejaVu is cool! its better than both Boomerangs I've ridden and will probably be better than Invertigo. The only part of the ride I find painful is when go up the 1st spike again and it just stops. I've never had any problems with the restraints. They're as uncomfortable as the OTSRs on SLCs IMO. But I only have a credit count of 47, so I haven't been on many coasters though.

Didn't break it. I guess it didn't hit that hard. But it hurt like hell for an hour. I don't remember exactly where it was, but I think it was on the backward portion somewhere. Couldn't exactly see what was going on to brace.

Twas nothing compared to the intense tailbone slamming occuring on GASM.