TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Very interesting.. Let me reword the question different now haha.. Next person that rides mind bender see if there is a broken train around the lift hill on the ground! If so, they must have purchased a train or part train from a different park

I still find it very hard to believe they got the train laying there fixed.. It was in bad bad shape

That won't be to bad! I know they still had the two day tickets last year when I first looked into it. But I wanted to wait until their new coaster was done

I'm sure with Fury being open, this won't happen. But I went on a Tuesday & Wednesday in 11 and then on a Monday & Tuesday in 12, and with the exception of Nighthawk and Rip Roaring Rapids, all lines ranged from walk on [ Afterburn, Hurler, Thunder Road] to 5-10 mins [ Cobra, Cyclone, Intimidator] and they ran two trains on everything with the exception of Carolina Cyclone, they even ran 4 trains on Thunder Road one day each year I was there, the other two days it was one train but both sides open.

Hopefully I can plan a mid week trip then! I'm sure it won't be as empty as it was when you where there but hopefully nothing major being a weekday

I rode namtaB today. It was really cool going through the first three inversions in reverse, especially the 0-g, which felt much faster than I remembered. I don't remember much about the rest of the ride, except just bracing for the corkscrew snaps and waiting for the ride to be over. It was a little rough, and I didn't feel the need to ride it again.

Ninja was closed the whole time I was there (no big loss there). Daredevil Dive had the longest wait for me, at about 45 minutes, but most of the queues were about what I expected for an Easter Sunday, 15-30 minutes. Cyclone was a walk-on, and I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth it was. The last time I rode it in 2012 it was shaking pretty violently.

Ninja must been down for the count.. I still find it funny it was the featured ride on the last pass holder newsletter! Lol

Very interesting.. Let me reword the question different now haha.. Next person that rides mind bender see if there is a broken train around the lift hill on the ground! If so, they must have purchased a train or part train from a different park

I still find it very hard to believe they got the train laying there fixed.. It was in bad bad shape

I agree, it has to be another train, I'm not saying it's impossible to put a train back together, but like you said it was in pieces and bad shape.

Come to think of it, I think there might be a whole train waiting for them to pick up in Kentucky...

Come to think of it, I think there might be a whole train waiting for them to pick up in Kentucky...

Greezed Lightning train??

I rode namtaB today. It was really cool going through the first three inversions in reverse, especially the 0-g, which felt much faster than I remembered. I don't remember much about the rest of the ride, except just bracing for the corkscrew snaps and waiting for the ride to be over. It was a little rough, and I didn't feel the need to ride it again.

Ninja was closed the whole time I was there (no big loss there). Daredevil Dive had the longest wait for me, at about 45 minutes, but most of the queues were about what I expected for an Easter Sunday, 15-30 minutes. Cyclone was a walk-on, and I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth it was. The last time I rode it in 2012 it was shaking pretty violently.

Ninja must been down for the count.. I still find it funny it was the featured ride on the last pass holder newsletter! Lol

I'm hoping Ninja is down for the count. It's time we got a new coaster, it'll be 5 years since DDD, which opened 5 years after Goliath.

I just want to jump in and say I absolutely love Ninja now. It used to be so rough a few years ago but now I find it to only be slightly rough and a genuinely unique and intense ride. I don't know if it is just because of the Arrow trains it received or what but I really love the ride now and would be really sad to see it go. I don't think the park has any coaster that should be removed. I would much rather see them add to their coaster count and they have the space.

The abandoned Thomas Town train, boring go karts, and very back of the parking lot needs to be the site of a new large coaster investment (RIP Déjàvu)

I just want to jump in and say I absolutely love Ninja now. It used to be so rough a few years ago but now I find it to only be slightly rough and a genuinely unique and intense ride. I don't know if it is just because of the Arrow trains it received or what but I really love the ride now and would be really sad to see it go. I don't think the park has any coaster that should be removed. I would much rather see them add to their coaster count and they have the space.

The abandoned Thomas Town train, boring go karts, and very back of the parking lot needs to be the site of a new large coaster investment (RIP Déjàvu)

I wish Dejavu never left.. I know the one at Magic Mountain had its occasional hiccups, but it never seemed to be plagued with the problems that the one in SFOG and SFGAM were plagued with.

Greezed Lightning train??

Yeah. I haven't been by Kentucky Kingdom in a while, but I've seen lots of photos of Greezed Lightning's train sitting in broad daylight behind a fenced-in area in the park. It was reported to Screamscape that someone bought it, so it might be gone now, but it was definitely still at the park very recently.

I don't know if it still has the same restraints, but the last time I rode it in 2009 I was too tall for them. They pressed down on my shoulders so hard I couldn't take a full breath, and every little jolt of the track would jerk my neck because my shoulders couldn't move.

So right now i will be hitting up the park on the 4th of July. I know maybe the worst time to go but i have to do what i can do. I have a place to stay and its a stop on the way home from family vacation

I went to the park for July 4th a few years ago and had a great time. Crowds were surprisingly light. We ended up riding MIndbender 10 times in a row since nobody was in the station. Got to watch the fireworks while riding the coaster.

So right now i will be hitting up the park on the 4th of July. I know maybe the worst time to go but i have to do what i can do. I have a place to stay and its a stop on the way home from family vacation

I went to the park for July 4th a few years ago and had a great time. Crowds were surprisingly light. We ended up riding MIndbender 10 times in a row since nobody was in the station. Got to watch the fireworks while riding the coaster.

The 4th is on a Saturday this year, that's the part that would worry me the most.

30+ mins on minors and up to about 1 and half hours on the majors! I have easily waited two hours on a ride before in the summer..

I now buy flash passes when I go. I normally by the gold that cuts wait times in half.. For me and my GF it runs between $60 - $100 depending on the discounts on our gold card. It'll normally run $60/person BUT sometimes season passes have a add 1 person free coupon! Plus they almost always have a save $5 - $10 person coupon making total for two around $100

I wish Dejavu never left.. I know the one at Magic Mountain had its occasional hiccups, but it never seemed to be plagued with the problems that the one in SFOG and SFGAM were plagued with.

The one at SFOG was almost never running for most of its life at the park, but during its final 2 years of operation, it was open basically every single time I visited the park, and most days it was open first thing in the morning. I would run straight there to get front row! Absolutely loved that ride. I wish the world had more GIBs.

^I only got to ride Deja Vu once, during its last year of operation. I was sad to see it go. It's is still on my top 10 steel list.

Sadly I never got to ride the one at SFOG.. I did get to ride the one at Magic Mountain though, it's a hell of a ride that's for sure, I'm sad to hear that the new reatraints on the old one from Magic Mountain are making the ride rougher up at SFNE.

^I only got to ride Deja Vu once, during its last year of operation. I was sad to see it go. It's is still on my top 10 steel list.

Sadly I never got to ride the one at SFOG.. I did get to ride the one at Magic Mountain though, it's a hell of a ride that's for sure, I'm sad to hear that the new reatraints on the old one from Magic Mountain are making the ride rougher up at SFNE.

Same here except I have never got to ride one anywhere

The two times I was at six flags over GA when they had it, it was always down.. I didn't go much back then, only when my parents took me but still, it was always down haha