TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

If I want to make a Photo TR of a zoo that has rides (a log flume), should I put it in the random section, or the theme parks, roller coasters, and rubber duckies section?

I would put it in the "theme parks, roller coasters, and rubber duckies" section.

Someone asked me what my coaster count is. I just froze. Then it came to me...I have no idea how many coasters I've ridden.

But, being the enthusiast that I am, I couldn't let on that the mysterious number was nowhere to be found in my mind. So I stalled. Hemmed. Hawed.

And then it came to me. Just make up a number. He wouldn't know the difference anyway, and there was no way he could possibly know that what I said was not exactly the truth.

So I said, "About 80." The guy was mortified. "Only 80?" he said. "Why, I thought someone like you would have ridden hundreds by now."

Sorry, but it wasn't meant to be. In the years I have left, I expect to maybe double my count and little more. Even if it means leaving the country.

Eric