TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Sometimes, I just wish we would eat at a "normal" 6 o'clock dinner time.

Instead of our "normal" 7:30 - 9pm "french style" eating time.

Don't worry, Bill...we do the same thing. Just think of us being as cool as French or Italian folks that normally eat dinner around 9-10:00!

You know what I want to rant about? People that give us crap when we to mention how late we eat! People are like, "Oh, that is soooo bad for you!" Then how come the Europeans do it?

Look, I can see that eating and then going right to bed probably isn't a very good idea. But what's wrong with eating at 8-9:00 and then staying up until say, 11:00? How is that any different than someone that eats at 6:00 and goes to bed at 8:00-9:00 every night?

a65d34715739cdcf0539df2040ae3a20.jpg

This kid is cancer. People go crazy over him simply because he lip syncs and moves his camera while he lip syncs. And his ego is so freaking big.

Sorry, it's just that people like this really tick me off.

I was going to post this in the Cedar Point or Kings Island thread, but figured people might get "offended". I can't help the fact that this kind of stuff just annoys the crap out of me...

Why are people asking in the forums if Memorial Day weekend (or any other summer weekend for that matter) parks will be crowded. Really?

Unless it is as crappy as it is here today (scattered rain showers, wind, cold), all parks across the country are going to be busy because....IT'S A LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND IN THE USA!

Plan for the Fast Lane, Flash Pass...whatever the hell the park offers if you plan on visiting a theme park during holidays and buy it if you don't want to wait in long lines. And then don't come here and bitch & moan afterwards about long waits, poor dispatches, slow ride op's etc, when you won't pony up the cash to skip the lines.

Anyone that has ever visited a theme park in their life should know this as a rule of thumb - and it's even more embarrassing when a so-called theme park "enthusiast" (I'll give the young teens & foreigners a break here - this is pointed towards grown American adults that should know better) ask such a stupid question.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I absolutely hate it, whenever the music of West Side Story is played on the radio. Then

the announcer of course, always credits Leonard Bernstein as the composer of the music. But I really

wish, they would ALSO mention, maybe as "trivia," that this was also an early project for...

STEPHEN SONDHEIM - he wrote the lyrics to ALL of Bernstein's music for this score. C'mon!

Rant over.

We get local milk delivery, and have for decades.

Now, for the first time in "I can't remember when," someone

stole two bottles of milk off our front porch this morning!

I figure they didn't take the third bottle, because he/she could only

take one bottle in each hand.

We're letting this one go, until next week's delivery. Then, if this

happens again, I'm afraid we'll have to cancel delivery, permanently.

We do live in an area of the city, where anybody off the street could

do this. Still, after so many decades of delivery..... sad.

We get local milk delivery, and have for decades.

Now, for the first time in "I can't remember when," someone

stole two bottles of milk off our front porch this morning!

I figure they didn't take the third bottle, because he/she could only

take one bottle in each hand.

We're letting this one go, until next week's delivery. Then, if this

happens again, I'm afraid we'll have to cancel delivery, permanently.

We do live in an area of the city, where anybody off the street could

do this. Still, after so many decades of delivery..... sad.

They still deliver milk? I haven't seen that in 40 years. Maybe it's a Canadian thing still.

My rant is the word "Game Changer" It rarely ever is when used.

I'm new here, haven't been around since 05, and I am not reading 700 pages of comments. So if this has already been covered, too bad.

One of my biggest pet peeves, when I go to order at a fast food joint and I ask for a cheeseburger and they ask, "the meal or just the sandwich?" Um, what words came out of my mouth? Did I ask for freaking number 4? No. If I had wanted the meal I would have asked for the meal. I'm not an idiot! And then they hand me my change without counting it out, coins on top of bills where they inevitably slide off. Seriously hand me coins first then count out the bills. If the bill was $5.99 and I hand you a $20 then you are to give me back a penny and say "six" then count the bills largest to smallest. If it's a $10 and four $1's then you hand me the ten and say "sixteen" then the one's and count each individually, "seventeen" "eighteen" "nineteen" "twenty". But no they just hand me bills with coins on top and say $14.01 and expect me to believe them. Then I check and make they got my order correct, right there in front of them.

Yeah I sound like a crotchety old man but at 39 I've earned the right. Get off my lawn!

What the heck is wrong, with all of these women, buying newly designed fashion shoes/boots,

that have arches and heels higher than.....4+ inches? There are bondage shoes/boots, and then

there are fashion footwear designers/companies....

I can't imagine what some women have to go through, to 'compete' for the best style, designer

(all of whom seem pretty MALE to me, perpetuating the reality, that it IS a Male Run Fantasy,

straight OR gay, whoever The Designer, and some women, whether they agree or not, are

putting themselves through painful fashion - for the sake of who? Themself? Or Others?

Or Men?

You should boycott any/ANY shoes/boots designed with heels higher than 3 inches. If it HAS

to be "a height." It could be 1 or 2 inches. Whatever. The point is saving pain and pride.

Rant over.

I can't women who complain, "why do men design heels so high" to which I answer "because you keep buying them!"

Here comes the biggest rant on this thread:

VEKOMA SLCS?! OH MY GOD! MORE LIKE STINKOMA SLCS! OH MY GOD! THESE ROLLER COASTERS SUCK! THEY ARE EXTREMELY ROUGH AND I DONT ENJOY THEM! YOU KNOW WHO LIKES VEKOMA SLCS?! OOBI! YOU KNOW WHO DOESNT LIKE VEKOMA SLCS?! CALEBCOMEDIAN! SO FORGET VEKOMA SLCS, AND FORGET BARNEY! END OF RANT! NEXT RANT: WINDJAMMER SURF RACERS!

Yeah, GoAnimate is f***ing terrible. Most of the community half-@$$ their videos, and don't forget those god awful grounded videos.

And for what it's worth...

#Itllneveropen for me, has become the well over used "Let It Go" for this year, already.

#Stopdoingitalready

Watching people complain because their homepark only has 6-7 coasters and they haven't recevied a new one in 5 years really drives me crazy sometimes. Try living 7 hours (by car) from the closest amusement park with adult rides!! Anyone still want to complain??

^^It always used to trip me out when people referred to parks of that size as "smaller" or "modest" or whatnot (though I have been guilty of that a couple times more recently). I mean, there aren't that many parks with truly hefty coaster collections...are there? Six or seven still feels squarely "medium" to me, I'd say.