TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Why in the world do some performers seem to think that lyrics of an old song, need to be changed, due to (their) sexual orientation? I mean, c'mon.

------------------------

"Late last night I heard the screen door slam.

And a big yellow taxi, took away my old man" j.mitchell (Orig.lyrics/music)

Is the correct lyrics.

NOT 'took my girl away.' counting crowes

------------------------

What are they scared of people thinking??? That they're (omg) gay?

Yeah, whatever. Drives me nuts everytime the song starts up on the radio. Get over it, bands who cover classics. You won't be immediately 'tagged', by the lyrics you're covering. Give your audience more credit, huh?

^ That's at about the same annoyance level as openly gay celebrities who sing to "girl"/"boy" when they've stated quite clearly that they're attracted to their own sex. What exactly is the point? It only reinforces the ridiculous notion that being gay is something to be ashamed of.

Mind you, I think T.A.T.U. take being honest a little too far for a PG audience... Have they reached the states yet? That's my rant for today, that T.A.T.U. have made a comeback when I happily thought their career had ended a couple of years back. Grr.

^ Of course when you say hilarious... You're really just hoping they're wearing their uniforms right? lol.

Okay, gonna stop ranting about Russian lesbians.

New rant: HAVING NO MONEY. I hate this. I've been lucky in that I've always been fairly comfortable up until recently... Now I'm seriously struggling. And it seriously takes the fun out of life. I don't know how to change things. Oh, and I hate Richard Branson.

Done.

^ That's what irritated me, how much of it was real and how much was just marketing? And even if it was real... I really don't wanna hear about anybody's sex life in as much detail as they went into in magazine interviews. Same applies to Jodie Marsh. Nobody cares!

Damn it I was supposed to stop ranting about this. Going away now!!

I am sad that the track for the Pirates of The Caribbean attraction in DL is actually NOT an original theme track - 50th Ann.DL CD - Is actually from a tv soundtrack 'tour' of the ride that was broadcast just after it opened in 1967.

It's just always sounded phony to me - actually the sountrack for 'it's a small world' went thru the same process and ends up on same CD, too. For those of us that remember the broadcast? Note that the countries' version of iasw is not complete by any shot? Remember, it was shown on US television, only.

That's my rant - not true to what it actually ran like. However Indy Jones certainly right on in timing etc. Same with old Space Mountain theme.

But - it's a rant, hmm? Grrrrrr.

^ Just the single at this time - I know that the multi's have the full-out attraction timings. But still, it's a bit of a lift from their own previously recorded telecasts, just for this single CD I know. Not exactly back to original material.

Will probably have the multi - as well as the 2-CD set int he future LOL.

I hate Indiana University. Through my experience, I've gathered that they are pretty much a bunch of hypocritical ***holes that only care about getting paid. How dare you fail me for leaving one word that isn't necessary out of an assingment while you ***clowns go off and lose two of my projects and claim that I never turned them in. I have records showing I did you group of brainwashed hypocrites. How dare you lecture me about organization and then lose my work and act like it is my fault. How dare you fail my project because it didn't comply with a requirement that was never stated anywhere. Not on directions, on a site, in lecture, or in lab. And by the way, Spending millions of dollars trying to make a beautiful campus more beautiful isn't going to get you out of your ridiculous debt. I would think that the "KELLEY SCHOOL!" could tell you that. Neither is raising tuition by 20% over the last five years. There are other schools to go to. Good Riddance IU. Glad I will never have to pay you any more of my hard earned money.

RE: tATu, Wes said:

According to that article, I guess their new album drops tomorrow? Maybe they should have waited til' Spring 06 and tied it in with the coaster.

I picked up their new album off iTunes this morning. Once again, the music is quite beautiful, but the chicks' voices are shitty. I wanna know who writes and composes their songs. I can only imagine how awesome the music would be if there were a different vocalist.

-kip-

I took the PLAN test today, but it was REALLY easy.

I hate cheese graters-half the cheese you grate gets stuck on the stupid thing.

In unrealated news, CHEESE RULES!

Also, GEOGRAPHY sucks buttcheek!

Seriously, could evil Mrs. Chin get any more boring?

She is one of those stupid teachers who thinks that their class is teh roxorz, but it really just sucks. And I have her FIRST every other morning, including tomorrow

Why is it that the 50th Anniversary commercial for WDW is like 2938478239 times better than the Disneyland one!?!? I mean seriously, it's great! Talks about history, some in black and white, some in color, it was perfect!

Meanwhile Disneyland is advertising the 'new' space mountain while showing mission space!

ugh

alright time for another one of my RANTS!!!!!!! I hate PSATs, not only do you have to take a high pressure test but you are also crammed into a hot field house for 3 hours with only 1 break! yeah I really do hate those stupid tests...yeah thats about it

And what's funny is I found the SATs to be a crapton harder than the PSAT. I didn't that bad, but they were still so much harder. Not to scare ya!

OK, I think I have now seen the stupidest TV commercial ever. It's for Enterprise Rent A Car, and in the commercial a guy is amazed to discover that you can rent cars at...(wait for it)...THE AIRPORT. I'm not kidding, they make a big deal out of the fact that you can rent cars at the airport. Um, this is new? Is there someone out there that is not aware that you can rent cars at the airport? If so, can they be rounded up and sent to the moon before they infect the rest of us with their idiocy? I'm still stunned by this...

dt