TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

.. My only copy of Ultimate Ride Disney Coaster... somehow the files got corrupted when my not to smart little nephew was messing with the computer... MY computer... Uninstalled it. Upon trying to reinstall... it wouldn't do it. I do have NL now, but still, URDC has some kind of.. Nostalgia, you know? And with the mods I had, I was able to create some nifty 'rock coasters' (Big Thunder, Everest-like creations, Matterhorn, ETC)

So I'm bummed. =/

Another nit-picky one from me: when people write the year as 08'.

See, let me explain. The apostrophe represents the "20" part of the year that was removed to shorten the year; therefore, it should precede the "08" part, as in '08.

Same deal with the dollar sign. It isn't "4$." It's "$4."

Do they not teach this in school anymore?

Eric

I can't stand it when people bash Apple for no apparent reason. I've come to the conclusion that 88.98% of all people who 'hate' Macs have never used one, never mind actually seen one in public.

It also drives me nuts when people buy MP3 players other then the iPod so they can be different.

...roar.

-Sean

If my dad finds out I'm watching family guy, he'll ground me. He thinks that TV 14 means you HAVE to be 14, and then you're instantly mature enough to watch shows with that rating.

Does your father take you to R-rated movies? If he does, then he really shouldn't have a problem with you watching TV-14 programming. It's gonna be waaay toned down that what you're gonna see on Family Guy. Besides, if you think about it, you probably would end up just watching Nickelodeon because most shows on TV is gonna be TV-14 at night. I don't think CSI and most of the other comedies are geared for under 14.

Besides if you want to be sneaky just download the episode on itunes and load it into your ipod.

Terry

^In my opinion, I think PG-13 is worse. I've seen PG-13 movies with the occasional curse word, naked backsides and the such. Even that rotten "Prom Night" movie that came out a few months ago was PG-13. The only thing missing was showing the violence.

I would make a list of all the shows that you watch on TV; and mark those that are TV-14 and you watch with your father. If you have a large list of shows, I would pose the question "What's the difference between watching this show together that is TV-14 and Family guy?"

You might put yourself in a running position when asking, because he might throw something at you though.

Terry

I don't like macs, and my campus library has tons of macs. I just hate using them. Maybe if I spent more time in trying to learn the differences, and why the differences make it better then I would use them. But for now I will stick to Windows.

I know this sounds OCD, but you can't right click on macs!!! It just drives me crazy!!! This is the one issue I have with macs, I just can't stand it!!

CTRL+click does NOT equal right clicking. sorry mac fans.

I know this sounds OCD, but you can't right click on macs!!! It just drives me crazy!!! This is the one issue I have with macs, I just can't stand it!!

CTRL+click does NOT equal right clicking. sorry mac fans.

Then someone was lazy at your computer lab; I can right click on mine! That is unless they have one of those old apple mice. All it takes is plugging in a cheap windows usb mouse and you have your right clicking back.

The newer mac laptops use multi-touch now so tapping your two fingers on the pad does a right click. But you've been able to use that method on the laptop for at least a year. But that was the only complaint I had with the laptops; still I used the mac laptop more than my windows because it was a better experience.

Sure there's a learning curve with the Mac OS; but then you find it's easier to edit documents and work than on Windows.

Terry

^I've mainly used mac laptops, so I should rephrase my previous statement to "double tapping does not equal right clicking". None of the macs I've ever used have had standard windows mice on them, so I've never tried that.

Macs are great computers, but honest to God that's the thing that just gets under my skin!! I know it's stupid, but it just drives me crazy. I started out school as a graphics major, so I'm good on a mac, I just have a ton of pet peeves on them.

On a second Rant note, I'm about to go work from 7:30-4:30 on two hours of sleep. It hurts.

^I've mainly used mac laptops, so I should rephrase my previous statement to "double tapping does not equal right clicking".

Sounds like taking your finger off the pad to hit a right button seems like extra effort to me. To each its own, I guess. I don't miss it and have gotten used to it since I don't use my Dell laptop that much. I used the Dell for work and games, but since I don't game as much as I used to and I made my "hackintosh", my Windows sessions have been reduced to virtualization.

Anyway, my rant is I hate packing. It's stressful to put stuff in a duffle bag and you're gonna be gone a month! I'll just be glad to be on a plane! I may need a drink to calm me down...

Terry

My sister went to Italy and bought me an iTunes gift card there. I tried to buy Family Guy online on the Italian iTunes (because the gift card is only valid on the Italian iTunes) and they offer the show in both English and Italian. I bought the whole 3rd season in English, but when I played it, it was all in Italian! That was 27 Euros wasted! Has this happened to anyone before? If so, what can I do to so that I can get it to be in English or in German? It's so frustrating!

Dangit. My bassist in my band Work In Progress broke his arm. He fell off the fence at my best friend's party, trying to get a ball.

But it really sucks because my singer quit, and since it's kinda boring with just guitar and drums, we had to skip the tryouts for this gig next month.

Crap, it would have been our first REAL gig!

I hate how I am going to have to get about three buses to get home from the metro centre tonight. Thank goodness I can still use my under 16 card until the 31st july, I can get an all day ticket for £2. But after the 31st july, I either have to pay full adult fair, or buy a year ticket, which costs like £600. It's not fair as I'm still going to be in full time education, and the adult fairs are designed for people with jobs. For example, the elderly get free bus travel any where and everywhere in the country! Why can't 16-18's who are still in education get discount?

----------------

Now playing: Metallica - The Four Horsemen

via FoxyTunes

Cedar Fair.

I'm just still bitter about how they handled Geauga Lake. Few American parks have as much potential as Geauga Lake had when it was sold to CF, but they still managed to screw it up and close it down. And despite making one idiotic decision after another, they had the huevos to say they tried to make it a success and couldn't figure out why it wasn't getting the results they expected. I can't help but question if they really had ulterior motives when they bought the park. The park, while no massive moneymaker, was quickly growing and becoming increasingly successful while under Six Flags ownership. It seems obvious to me that Cedar Fair saw an opportunity to kill the nearby competition by purchasing the park, wiping out the things that separated it from Cedar Point (Wild life, X-Flight) as so-called business decisions, and slowly letting the park die so they can sell lakeside land for a massive profit. The only "improvements" they ever made were to the water park, which they moved from one side of the park to the other. And coincidently, the water park is all they are focusing on now. Hmm....

Anyway, I'll end this dork rant now. I chose to put it here because it's a dead subject that was only revived in me due to today's auction of the park's rides and news that Villain has seen its last days.

^^ You raise a valid point. Perhaps it's worth taking to your local chamber of commerce, city hall, whomever makes the decisions reagarding public transit. And surely you have friends who feel the same way. There's strength in numbers...

Eric

Ugh, I don't think I'll ever forget this thing that happened near the last week of school in science class...

We had to watch this video called "The Miracle of Life", which included a brief clip of a baby being born. From my other rants, you'll know that I sit next to this complete moron named Edward. Anyway, when it came on, he was just like "OMG! EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWEW!!!!!"

This is a seventh grade honors student here, by the way.

And after the video, he raised his hand and asked "Why was it black?" The kid next to him told him it was hair. Same reaction as above.

~sigh~ Some people just need to get WAY more mature, or they're gonna get beat up a lot in high school.