TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I'm sure I'm not the first, and definitely not the last to rant about bad drivers. I like to use a bicycle to get around, especially on campus, as it's cheaper and more convenient than taking the bus, but some drivers are just too impatient. Most of the roads on campus have bike lanes, which is great, though there are times when I need to use the other lanes, such as when I want to make a left turn. The other day I was riding home from work, doing about 20 MPH (which is the speed limit), and as I'm about to make a left turn, the person behind me crosses over into the opposing lane and speeds past me - not only did they cross the double yellow lines, but they were speeding, and if I made the left turn, I probably would have hit them. Is it worth it to break two laws just so you could save a few seconds of travel time?

There are other times when drivers literally drive me crazy. I'll be out riding minding my own business and they will honk at me for no apparent reason. I don't know who you are or why you are honking at me.

^Unfortunately, you have to assume that all drivers suck.

A few days ago, I was getting ready to merge onto the Interstate. I was accelerating to match the speed of traffic and was about ready to merge when I noticed in the blink of an eye that the car in front of me slammed on his brakes. As a result, I had to slam on my brakes, and so did the guy behind me (at first, I thought the guy behind me had rear-ended me, but it turned out that I braked so hard that the cooler in the back row flew into the back of my seat). It turned out that the woman two cars in front of me panicked and came to a stop on the on-ramp, forcing a chain reaction of brake pounding that nearly caused an accident (and then she proceeded to drive 10 MPH under the speed limit after she eventually got on the highway).

So here is my PSA: The worst thing you can possibly do on an on-ramp is come to a complete stop; you will only make things much worse for yourself and the drivers around you. If you're too chicken to merge, you're not ready for the highway.

People using phones on dark rides. What is so important that it (a) happened since you got out of line and onto the ride and (b) can't wait TWO MINUTES?!

I agree. On the Calico Mine Ride, you face other people and when they are texting, they are ruining the whole mine experience with their bright screen.

So after talking it over with my fiends it looks like I got fudging played. Apparently she's done it before to another guy for this years homecoming dance and did it to me for prom. She gets someone to like her and take her to the dance and then loses them a week or two later. It goes along well with her massive ego and it looks like she's already going after someone else. Just great. fudge her

Dude... it's H.S. You're supposed to change your mind every few weeks about the people you want to date, how long you want to date, etc. That's how you avoid doing it when you are older and married... and divorced... and re-married... and unhappy because you didn't "date around" to figure out what you really wanted from a relationship when you were younger. I'd much rather have my heart "broken" a dozen times in HS/College than to ever go thru a divorce. I'm teaching my 8YO the same thing.

And don't get married until you are near 30.

^Unfortunately, you have to assume that all drivers suck.

A few days ago, I was getting ready to merge onto the Interstate. I was accelerating to match the speed of traffic and was about ready to merge when I noticed in the blink of an eye that the car in front of me slammed on his brakes. As a result, I had to slam on my brakes, and so did the guy behind me (at first, I thought the guy behind me had rear-ended me, but it turned out that I braked so hard that the cooler in the back row flew into the back of my seat). It turned out that the woman two cars in front of me panicked and came to a stop on the on-ramp, forcing a chain reaction of brake pounding that nearly caused an accident (and then she proceeded to drive 10 MPH under the speed limit after she eventually got on the highway).

So here is my PSA: The worst thing you can possibly do on an on-ramp is come to a complete stop; you will only make things much worse for yourself and the drivers around you. If you're too chicken to merge, you're not ready for the highway.

Had a somewhat similar incident happen to me the last time I drove to SFNE, though I wasn't the one merging onto the highway. No, it was some other cat, and I was trying to move to the left lane to let him merge, which would have gone off without a hitch if it wasn't for the braindead ratchet in the left lane who just had to try and close the small gap I was going to merge into on me and refused to let me merge into the left lane despite the fact that I had had the goddamn blinker on for a good 8-10 seconds. I finally said "**** it", accelerated, and barely made it into the left lane just in time to avoid a crash. Dumb cow started to lay down on her horn despite the fact that SHE caused all of this, and I gleefully took the opportunity to roll down the driver's side window and flip her off. Juvenile? Yes. Cathartic? Also yes.

The "new" phone I bought on ebay is actually used. And the seller is ignoring my messages. All of his old stuff is on it. His phone number, the fb account, pictures. And worst of all, the phone has a god awful smell of smoke.

I am going to La Ronde in a week, and it me thinking.. Why the heck did they decide to waste all that space (the park is on an island, so aspace is key) and relocate a stupi SLC when they already have a B&M invert... It's just so dumb, and will possibly hinder other new rides from being built.

^Hell, I just want to know why they had to make it so damn ugly. A coaster ostensibly themed after a sea monster should have a dark and foreboding color scheme.

Agreed... But ya, why not just build the darn thing @ the great escapee, which doesn't have an invert?.., Really, couldn't la ronde have built like a flyer or something in that space? That would've been great, flying over the lake.

Edited by I305

The "new" phone I bought on ebay is actually used. And the seller is ignoring my messages. All of his old stuff is on it. His phone number, the fb account, pictures. And worst of all, the phone has a god awful smell of smoke.

You could always call him or ask him on his FB account as himself.

He ended up answering on ebay. He claimed he meant new by the phone was never activated. But in the description he clearly said, "new never used or activated". I responded with his phone number which was active on the device and he made up some B.S. about how he bought it from someone who claimed it was new and never powered it on...Which wouldn't make sense because his fb was on there. He offered a ten dollar refund... But it's unacceptable. Or as he said "non science".

My school, actually the whole state, is giving us summer assignments. Now I know no one will do them, teachers and the board of Ed will see that a lot of kids are getting unnecessary minuses of their report cards and count the project as nothing toward the report card. I wouldn't be so upset if it weren't for the fact that the SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR!!!

This isn't really a rant, but I just wanted to vent this out and get it off my chest. My girlfriend and I broke up, and although she wants to remain friends with me, it's really been tearing me up these past few days. At first, things felt fine, but the more I thought about it, questions kept arising as to where our relationship went wrong. Couple that with a few obligations, very little work, s**t weather, and a traffic violation that refuses to go away, something inside me snapped. I spent all of today distancing myself from social contact, and let my mind explore my lack of significance on this world. Not only did doing this freak out my parents, but it really turned me into a completely different person. After lying on my bed in a locked room for the past eleven hours staring at one dot on my ceiling, I think I'm finally ready to get out again. Even though I just got back from a wonderful vacation, it wasn't enough time away from home; and I need to spend a bit more time away from this place as it continues to eat me alive.

Sea World have done a Magic Mountain. Storm Coaster was supposed to open late September, now it's been delayed to 'summer' because a baby polar bear was born and they're going to milk that for the school holidays instead. So Storm Coaster, construction complete, is going to sit SBNO for 5 months!

Myself and many other skaters have this rant but..

Scooter kids are the worst people at skateparks. Like ever. When I'm about to drop down, they have to cut in front of me and go. And they are blind, because they have no sense of direction. They keep crashing into other skaters. And it's even worse when they try to be smart with you or swear at you or make outdated "your mom" jokes at me in their squeaker voices.