TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights, MNSSHP & Florida Weekend Meet

Ok we ordered our MNSSHP tickets, the HHN express tickets, and we have a reservations for Oct. 20-23 for the Motel 6 right by the WDW main entrance on I-92 (Its ok! I stayed there before, we got to save our money for other things ). We have to call a phone number for us to order our HHN tickets since we are AP holders. I noticed that HHN for Oct. 20 is going to be from 6:30-12:00 so I figure we will be meeting somewhere around 6 or so. Again, we will be coming down right from work (which will be from Ocala) which will take us about an hour to get down to Orlando. We are getting excited about this trip, it will be fun!!

Edited by Erik Johnson

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have a seat in our car/van you can tag along...the only problem would be you'd have to get to our hotel in the morning, then get a ride back from the MCO airport (since that's where we'll have to go RIGHT after BGT).

As for HHN, I haven't had a chance to check everything out yet since we're on a top secret mystery vacation...but I'm finding myself kind of bummed at no Mummy. =(

If we have a seat in our car/van you can tag along...the only problem would be you'd have to get to our hotel in the morning, then get a ride back from the MCO airport (since that's where we'll have to go RIGHT after BGT).

As for HHN, I haven't had a chance to check everything out yet since we're on a top secret mystery vacation...but I'm finding myself kind of bummed at no Mummy. =(

Mummy has gotten really jerkey, or maybe I just rode it on a bad day, oh well. Um, yeah, I'd be able to get to the hotel and have a way home from MCO... which is actually like a 10min drive from my RL house, haha.

Even if they do open those rides in Universal Studios, its not going to help us, as October 20 is a non-peak night, which is fine with me. Non-peak means less crowds, which means less lines, which means more rides.

I, for one, would just rather ride them during the day or any other time of year. Its not like they're themed differently during HHN. HHN is all about the houses and the shows, with the coasters and stuff just thrown in for good bonus.

I can supply the random bodily functions. As well as adding a new element. constant coughing and wheezing from my asthma. Plus a little sleep apnia to round out the equation.

I can fill in for the obligatory Jew as my father was 1/2 Jew 1/2 Kraut. (I know, it's weird... I keep wanting to kill myself but I always seem to guilt myself out of it. That and I can't find a hitman that will haggle.)

Anyway, I'm there for ya. If you need me.

Guy "I get to hang with the cool people" Koepp

Hey Robb, Hey everybody. First post on Theme Park Review (took me friggin long enough!)

Anyway, I wanted to say I will be meeting up with you folks on Oct. 20. I'll be working HHN (I'm in the Body Collectors house) but will enjoy a good day of spelunking and many deja-vu rides on everything Universal!

Alright, now with the generically bland introduction out of the way, I look forward to many smart.."behind" remarks..

KrankenKing wrote:

Mummy has gotten really jerkey, or maybe I just rode it on a bad day, oh well. Um, yeah, I'd be able to get to the hotel and have a way home from MCO... which is actually like a 10min drive from my RL house, haha.

I just rode it a couple of weeks ago and it was running really great with all the effects working. Maybe you just hit it on a wrong day.

Has anyone seen the event site yet? Well I just did and it sounds like a load of scary fun. With SEVEN houses this year it's sure to be a blast. But if you wanna really see the inside check out the events site at:

themeparks.universalstudios.com or something like that.

Hope you like it! (unless you've already seen it)

Anyone care if Mr. Volcano makes a guest apperance?

I actually dont know if I'll be able to go, I'm heading towards Ohio in October 14th-17th, and will be at CP and PKI's "crappy" halloween events, and asked for the time off from work... Maybe I can manage to slip this one off too, who knows

-Justin

Natalee and I are all set at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. We are doing the following:

Thursday, October 20th- Arrive in Orlando at 6pm. Check into the Port Orleans Hotel and head over to Epcot. With extra magic hours, they are open till midnight!

Friday, October 21st- MGM Studios in the morning and Magic Kingdom and the Not So Scary Halloween party that night.

Saturday, October 22nd- Animal Kingdom in the morning(early entry), park hopping the afternoon, and the evening at Pleasure Island.

Sunday, October 23rd- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay all day and we close out with shopping at Downtown Disney that night.

Monday, October 24th- Fly home to Memphis.. BOOOOO!

See Ya There!

Chris

Now that was very fast. We ordered our HHN tickets Tuesday afternoon and for some reason (for no extra charge) they sent them to us Fed Ex overnight.

All we have let to receive is our MNSSHP tickets, they are supposed to arrive today...Woot! we got them today. We are now all set for October.

^Save the harness, Guy, you're not Bond Drabek after all! We'll hook you up with one of those super fancy wireless ones that dogs wear that shock you if you go out of the perimeter. Either that or we'll just let you run around for a little while until you tire out. After all, Robb will have the Van keys, so you're pretty much S.O.L. Besides, even if you do hop a bus to rampage around Orlando, I'm in charge of the room key distribution.

Staying and Screaming is cool. Last time I rode Dueling Dragons like 5 times before realizing a few mazes were opened for me, and they still didn't have a line when I finally got there!