TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Just incase anyone was planning a visit within the next two weeks-- The Voyage is running only one train until the Timberliners can be readyed for use. Just some FYI for you.

Thank god I got a season pass, I cannot wait to ride the TL trains! The Wildebeest was simply amazing! Just saying, it bloWs out anything in the waterpark by far! Great airtime throughout the whole ride.

But on a side note, I'm sure it's on the back of your minds as well: when can we expect a new coaster? A steel one perhaps?Can it top the Voyage? Any predictions?

Even with the PTC's, Voyage is runnng amazingly smooth this year (and quite frankly, I have only had a few of m 70 plus rides have been rough). If you want rough, should have rode Thunder Run at SFKK, that thing killed my back for three days.

I actually like Voyage's roughness. It's not extremely rough that it's not enjoyable, but it's not too smooth like most GCIIs where the ride doesn't seem intense at all. This may sound odd, but because of how smooth Thunderhead is, I actually like Son of Beast better (than Thunderhead).

This is going to be a LOT of fun for our Club TPR members who are signed up for the Middle America trip!

--Robb "Happy we could help out!" Alvey

Sorry Robb I did a search but couldn't find the thread. Can you give more info on the Middle America trip? This might be something I'd like to attend if able.

*Nevermind I found it. Looks like I was too late. I'll have to either hit up some other trip, or wait till next year.

Edited by robbalvey

Even with the PTC's, Voyage is runnng amazingly smooth this year (and quite frankly, I have only had a few of m 70 plus rides have been rough). If you want rough, should have rode Thunder Run at SFKK, that thing killed my back for three days.

If you want rough, try Kings Island, or Voyage's middle cars. Or the 3rd to last row. That was pretty bad. It's kind of like...that was amazing because it's the Voyage, but dear god, that was rough. Especially that rusty color of track in the back turn around.

The 'magic' PTC row (last car, front bench) was nice, as was the front seat. Nothing to complain there...but one row infront of the last car front bench was pretty rough. Definately the worst ride on Voyage I've ever had...still feeling it in my neck.

Oh, and Raven was very, very, very enjoyable yesterday. Really impressive compared to last year.

Legend...not so much.

Wildebeest > Everything.

Holiday World has posted a couple updates on Voyage and the Timberliners.

First they have a testing video of the TL'ers on track.

Now for the capacity issue. They have a plan B.

Plan B is they are modifying A Raven Train to run on Voyage when it gets busy. I wasn't going to go on May 30th like I planned, but seeing a red Voyage Train would be cool.

In other news, my coaster geekiness just showed by the train color comment.

So thaaaat's why there was a Raven train in different cars that we saw from Legend. Very cool! I wonder how it will run on Voyage. And now that it will be able to articulate better, when it's put on the Raven again, should it run better?

Not sure how Raven can run better than it did Tuesday, but WOW! Talk about taking care of your guests.

I might have to get a season pass!

The 'magic' PTC row (last car, front bench) was nice, as was the front seat. Nothing to complain there...but one row infront of the last car front bench was pretty rough. Definately the worst ride on Voyage I've ever had...still feeling it in my neck.

I rode the "magic seat" last Sunday around 4 or 5 and while Voyage was smooth at the beginning of the day, it got extremely rough! So I tried the very front row and it was extremely rough as well! Also this was in rainy weather! Every other woodie I rode in the rain got smoother in the rain! I've never had a dry day ride on Voyage (only rode Voyage on rainy days) but this was the first time I can say it was unbearably rough!

Nice videos.

I watched the timberliner testing video carefully, and I can't help but notice that the train, while tracking well, seems to be going a little slower than the PTC's normal speed. This would make sense scientifically. Because the timberliners are lighter, they would have less inertia and, therefore, less consistent speed. I won't have any opinion on them until I ride them, but this almost dissapoints me.

Just thinking about the many reasons why I love Holiday World so much. Not only is it a cheap park to go to, but they want to take care of thier patrons, not just get them to spend money like other parks.

A few examples:

*Last year at HWN, Pilgrims Plunge was not open due to broken part for ERT. Instead of just saying it isn't available, they opened up Halloswings for an hour

*Holiday World also drove a motor for the lift hill for LEgend to get it fixed to have it ready for HWN Friday ERT last year

*While most parks would quietly work on getting things ready, HW happily posts on Facebook and here about things and responds to questions. Not many parks would even wander near a site like TPR.

*During the ACE event, since the Timberliners weren't ready, they gave everyone a free ticket to come back when they are.

Not many parks would do as much for its patrons as Holiday World does. I have seen so many more people in my town wearing a Holiday World shirt then any other theme park shirt. Too bad every park couldn't take a page from HW's book.

I'm pretty impressed that Will took the time to make that video while they're busy scrambling to get the Raven trains working on the Voyage. Obviously, he has a lot more pressing issues than explaining things in this level of detail. It's also pretty impressive that they're doing all this work to temporarily increase the capacity on the Voyage.

Wow. I think this just shows how much Holiday World really cares!! Its great that the voyage will have two trains, maybe then they can not feel so rushed about the timberliners! Yay for more trains and less waiting !

The only thing i see wrong is that the voyage only has 3 storage tracks. One is currently being used by timberliner 1, and now two are being used by PTC's. How will they add timberliner 2 when it gets there..? Maybe they will wait until the first timberliner is ready and then run it and one PTC while they test the second timberliner?

I know, a bit confusing but its just one of those things i wonder about!

PS, Red voyage train= WIN.

^ It'll take a good while before their broken in as well! As the season goes on, they'll prolly run faster!

Good point.

Well done, Holiday World, for getting another train on the Voyage. You guys are awesome! Plus, we get to see a red Voyage train! Fun stuff.

The zero car on the Timberliners being out in front of the front seat is kinda odd. I wonder if they tried to figure out a good way to get the zero car with seats on it or if they just wanted it that way all along.

Do you think it's a null zero car (ala B&M), or just that they took the body off of car 1 to repair the broken fiberglass?