TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^

And as 2015 rolls closer …

Oh no, have I said too much?

You’ve found this blog post because you heard – no doubt in hushed and whispered tones – that there’s an http://66DaysAtSea.com microsite set to go live on 5.19.14; you were redirected here in the meantime. Please check back on Monday. You won’t be sorry.

That's basically all you need to know from the blog, but Will Koch's daughter wrote the blog. She talks about how her dad used to hide the secrets of what was going to be built at the park. Now she gets to hide the secrets and even creates some of those secrets.

I would love for it to be a terrain coaster by Mack Intamin or RMC, but 66 days at sea thing makes me think it will be a water ride. Maybe something highly themed like Jurassic Park The Ride? AquaTrax? We don't have much longer til we find out and whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome!

I highly doubt it will be a water ride. I'm not trying to complain, but I bet a ton of people would be disappointed. If it was in fact a water ride, they have been adding water rides since 2006. Nothing else for the most part.

They don't need anymore water rides for now. IMO.

I am quite certain it will not be a water ride. Last September they announced Mayflower in the video below, and in the video the narrator says: "Starting Today, September 6, 2013, Focus moves back to Thanksgiving starting with the Mayflower."

This tells me they're holding off on water rides for now.

Video Link:

Either way we will know Monday! I feel pretty confident it's a wood coaster and I get the oddest feeling they plan to use Girafficas old station too. I think this may be pretty big and honestly I'm hoping for RMC!

I'm thinking you maybe right, RMC is the hottest & in most demand company right now.

Whatever it will be, if the clearing areas are any indication, it will cover a long distance. I'm gonna guess a coaster that intertwines with Voyage. A Mack, as they need a more "family-ish" coaster, but many hope for a RMC. I vote for the family terrain looper (Revolution meets Mind Bender meets bluefire meets Verbolten!).

Maybe it's a new water coaster!? I have no clue. But it's gonna be good, they do stuff to the fullest at HW.

Had a great time yesterday! Thank you Holiday World and Paula! I'm a very lucky coaster nerd.

Has anyone else thought that a B&M using Pilgrim's Plunge's splash pool like Diamondback uses it might fit? They would just have to reverse the direction the PP used the station for the new coaster.

Had a great time yesterday! Thank you Holiday World and Paula! I'm a very lucky coaster nerd.

You're welcome! What was your favorite part?

... and did you take note we had not one - but two - types of gravy on the buffet?

Now there's a hint... Its a new dueling gravy boat wood roller coaster!

You're welcome! What was your favorite part?

... and did you take note we had not one - but two - types of gravy on the buffet?

Wood gravy and steel gravy. I'm calling it.... It's steel!

Is anyone placing any stock in the wood 5/19/14 swag pieces representing another wood coaster?

I guess I kind of assumed steel was on-deck but I'm all for more wood. The park has established a tradition of excellent additions so I'm sure most of us will be happy come Monday.