TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Are we sure he's peeing? I mean, especially if you say he did this position twice within an hour? Maybe he's just checking the vehicle or something?!?!

Look, when you gotta go, you gotta go! I'm just impressed with the puddle that he made! Must be all that free soda!

Even the construction guys are friendly. A few weeks ago while riding the Voyage and I look over and see 3 guys pouring a footer, so I yelled and waved at them and they turn around and looked happy as can be for someone to notice them and I did it again on the trip back to the station. Moral if the story, always be courteous and friendly to employees, you never know if someone's having a bad day, and needs a little friendliness.

Lol. You know its funny but when people visit this area that aren't from here, that is the first thing they always comment on.... How crazy friendly and nice people are. I've always thought it was normal, until I traveled a bit. I'd like to think, and I do say, that it's our one special Southern Indiana hospitality.

All this talk about how awesome and friendly holidayworld is(and it totally is) just makes me want to jump on a plane and head down there this weekend. You guys are giving me bad ideas.

You totally should! I take it for granted sometimes that it's in my own back hard and that during most seasons I'm there quite often. It's been normal for me to have a rough day at work and just on a whim head to Splashin Safari for some Bahari river time or a for laps on the voyage. It always makes crappy days so so much better. If you really have the opportunity to come and enjoy, I sure as heck would!

On the other note, maybe that's the way the construction crews "bless" the coaster work sites to help keep the construction safe, and the people who get to ride safe, lol. You know like a good luck thing?

Me and my friends were thinking about doing that exact same thing yesterday but Kima Bay was closed, we were going to do it at Monsoon Lagoon (with a pepsi cup. ), but we didn't want to record a bunch of kids playing around in the background, and we didn't feel like using Holiday World's slide play structures for our ASL challenge. We're planning something crazier that I'm going to BUILD in my back yard. . It was so weird seeing them do that today, oh the irony! I'm so glad Holiday World did it, the friendliness towards the other parks is astounding while raising awareness for ASL. Just doing these challenges has raised over a million so far. Keep up the good work! and since we're on the subject of the ASL Awareness, here's the link to donate to the cause:

http://www.alsa.org/

Just look for the red DONATE on the right side.

Wow.... Let's get vertical, vertical, come on and get vertical. Let's get into vertical. Hahaha don't ask. I will say now that we can finally see a piece of track on some supports, and even without all the theming or building in, I REALLY like this color scheme! Awesome job to Loren Koch on the color choices and really stepping up all the theming in the park. The Koch family must really have something in their blood, or maybe the water they drink? They know how to build and run a theme park like its no ones business.... But I guess they WERE the first to do it. Wills genes were really passed on to those two!