TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^You've got much to discover here.

There's a time in the day when everyone's going to be in the water park, and Voyage can get to be a very small wait/near walk-on if you time it correctly. The longest waits are definitely going to be the park's water coasters near the back, so I'd be cautious and hit those as early as you can. Also, if you don't mind sharing rafts with strangers, do feel free to take advantage of the single rider lines for the two slides (less awkward on Mammoth)! It's always far shorter than the full regular line.

Make sure you ride The Mayflower too. I was a bit disappointed when it was first announced, but after riding it, it's definitely my favorite flat tide in the park. It is Insane.

I love the look of the Mayflower, and it was a great choice (and an obvious one, too) for the park. It is a great family flat.

But honestly, if you've already ridden a swinging ship, skip it. The ride cycle was extremely short, the ride starts to slow down right after getting to its full height. And there is a rule that you can't put your hands up that makes zero sense to me. Like I said, it was a great choice for the park, and I love Holiday World, so I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I'd just recommend spending your time riding Liberty Launch or Sparkler instead.

Try typing Full Throttle and this is what you get. Type NTG (New Texas Giant abbreviated) and this is what you'll get. I won't even get into what words pop up when you put the URL of another coaster site on here. They're quite humors. It's just all part of the fun of TPR and part of what separates this website from the other coaster websites, besides the much more intelligent discussions that happen on here.

Has anyone noticed or mentioned that several of the screams and coaster sounds heard on the animation vid for Thunderbird are from this video? Particularly at 1:05 amd 2:55. Random, but interesting

Yes I had noticed that. As soon as I watched the POV I knew there were some sounds from GK (in particular the helix which was used for thunderbird's helix).

Fury 325 also uses sounds from Leviathan. (including coasterforce's POV)

Six Flags released their new rides for 2015, and I'm not really Impressed. Thunderbird and Fury 325 are the only rides I'm excited for next year.

What, has the trolling moved from Fiesta Texas' thread to this one now? Awesome.

I'm not really getting my hopes up that Thunderco...bird will be my favorite of the Wing Coasters, but who knows. Either way Voyage will still be there and so will Wildebeest

These are very different beasts. RMC gives that insane, out of your seat, out of control experience while B&M has provided smooth and fast. Comparing the two for what's better will be, in my view, extremely biased towards what one likes and can handle in a roller coaster. Any park with both will have quite the variety already!

I'm not gonna even attempt to compare the two, B&M and RMC design completely different attraction. I'm not dissing RMC, I'm just saying that the Ibox overhauls don't interest me. It's personal opinion. I'm more geared towards Wing Coasters more than anything else, I'm not one for the extreme forces, and I love that flying feeling. That's why Gatekeeper is currently my favorite steel coaster. But, I do fancy a launch over a lift hill. So that adds extra points towards Thunderbird making it's way into my top 5. RMC isn't a bad company, but I'm not a fan of the overhauls. They're ground up coasters are much better.

I'm not gonna even attempt to compare the two, B&M and RMC design completely different attraction.

Immediately followed by a comparison of RMC and B&M...

RMC isn't a bad company, but I'm not a fan of the overhauls. They're ground up coasters are much better.

Are their "overhauls" all that different from their "ground up" coasters? The layouts are entirely new. The only substantial difference is the RMC topper track as opposed to the IBox track style. Same designers, same trains, same overall experience.

^^Yes, there is a notable difference in their built from scratch rides. The retrofits are forced to follow the path of the old ride, but their completely new models get to create their own pacing and sense of flow. It's hard to explain until you experience though. That's probably a discussion for elsewhere in any case.

I think Thunderbird is going to be comparable in terms of ride excitement to either of the new SF RMCs. I think B&M's are never done justice in concept artwork anyway, when everyone sees this thing in person it will be pretty awe-inspiring. They're just plain big rides.

These are very different beasts. RMC gives that insane, out of your seat, out of control experience while B&M has provided smooth and fast. Comparing the two for what's better will be, in my view, extremely biased towards what one likes and can handle in a roller coaster. Any park with both will have quite the variety already!

HW already has insane, out of your seat coasters. Now fast, and smooth is what they need. And Thunderbird will take that job.

Ohh the day that RMC comes to HW... I'll die and go to coaster heaven. I have more than a few ideas for a ground up coaster at HW and I have even thought about an I-Box conversion on The Legend. Medusa like drop anyone? The layout would be perfect for it! Seriously though, I would rather have an RMC than B&M coaster at HW. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely pumped for Thunderbird. I'm pumped about the launch and I'm pumped about what this addition means for HW and their future. Every time I see an RMC design, I have to pick my jaw up off the floor. It's not the same thing with B&M, but that's alright. I don't need my jaw to hit the floor. I just need to know I'm going to have fun riding the coaster. With that being said, if you put Thunderbird and Wicked Cyclone or Twisted Colossus (both sides dueling) in the same park, I'm spending the majority of my time on the RMC. That's just the dare devil coaster enthusiast inside me. Thunderbird offers something smooth, fast, and offers a different ride experience than what HW already has. It is the perfect addition for the park and paves the way for the future of the park.