TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I am on my way home from SFGAdv (I went last year too.) Here is my review of their coasters-

Batman: The Ride - Just your normal B:TR clone. Has a noisy lift hill like Raptor. I don't particurally like it. Then again, I don't gravitate towards most inverts. This is my 3rd Batman clone credit, the 4th Batman clone experience (ridden SFMM's as both Batman and Namtab), and the 4th one I've seen (went to SFOT long ago, but was too short at the time.)

Bizarro - I tend to gravitate away from most B&M multi-loopers, not just inverts. Bizarro, however, is still a good ride, at least compared to its West Coast cousin. Compared to Scream (Scream!, if you really need the exclamation mark), Bizarro seems smoother. It also has a zero-g roll that actually provides a pop of airtime and a smooth cobra roll (smooth, at least except for a rattle directly afterward.) Despite the fact that neither fire nor mist was running, and the sound has been removed (I never rode the ride with sound, however), I still love corkscrewing around the, um... auger-looking thing that usually sprays mist, if I remember correctly.

Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train - This Zierer (how is that pronounced? I say "ZYAY-rer") Tivoli has 2 things to note. One is its long train, which creates vicious lateral g-forces in the rear of the train over the first drop. The other thing is the horn which is blown when the ride dispatches (usually several times) and when it passes through the station for another round. This horn is really, really awesome. Just the sound it makes is. I don't know why I like it. I guess it reminds me of a carnival or the Bayern Kurve model ride at CGA. More rides need this horn.

Dark Knight - This "Mouse in a Box", as I think it has been called before, has epic theming. The ride is fairly smooth until the end. I'm kinda saddened that such good theming has to be used on a layout as common and "average" as a Wild Mouse. The continuously moving loading system of this ride definitely speeds things up quite a bit, only stopping for restraint checks and blocking. On occasion, cars stack in the station.

El Toro - Does anything need to be said about this? It is awesome. Just lots of airtime. Although, I sorta wish they could have jammed in one more ejector hill, the ride is still epic. I do barely fit on this ride, so be warned - walk of shames occur frequently. During Discover Card/Season Pass ERT, I got to marathon Toro for nearly 2 hours. We even got the front row to ourselves, but my mom wanted to leave. El Toro is not glass smooth, but is still smooth, especially for a woodie. Most bumpiness can be avoided by sitting in the middle row of a car. The front row of a car also seems a bit better than the back, but I'm not sure.

Green Lantern - Last year, I thought this ride was a bit less forceful than Mantis, but had a better ending. It is much smoother than Mantis. However, the ride is actually very forceful. So much, in fact, that it needs a few breaks in the force.

Kingda Ka - The launch seemed better this year. The capacity, however, has likely been decreased by the draconian rules of Zumanjaro. The ride is very shaky and trimmed over the tophat, but not a bad ride by any means. I believe that sitting "on a wheel", which is the back row of an individual car (correct me if I'm wrong) makes the shaking worse.

Nitro - If you don't get a good ride, Nitro is not very intense. The "turning hills" have no airtime. I do like the rising helix into the MCBR. The bunny hills are good in some seats, but not that great in others. I still like it, and I'm still kind of debating whether I like it or Diamondback better (and I like Diamondback.)

Road Runner Railway - Did not ride.

Runaway Mine Train - I hate the restraints on this ride. If I have my stuff in my pocket, I have to contort myself into the restraint. The front row of a car is better, though I do not know about the front row of the train due to the locomotive theming. The ride itself is fun. The helix right before the finale is somewhat painful, but the finale itself has potential for airtime over the final hill, depending on where you sit.

Skull Mountain - In spite of one-train operations and a building that has a massive leak of light where the switch track goes outside, this ride is a fun family coaster with good scenery in the queue and some decent props and sound in the ride. Ride in the back for a pop of airtime over the first drop.

Superman - It seems that this version is a bit slower through its second half than the Georgia version... I would need to ride both to compare how their pretzel loops differ with the extra car on the SFGAdv version.

Not a coaster, but-

Zumanjaro - Very fun, but sad how they can't run both KK and Zumanjaro at once. Zumanjaro already has a mesh over the ride gondolas. All it needs is a bit of Plexiglass to the sides and maybe on top to go with the mesh. This would protect riders from most loose articles. You would have to throw during the pull-up to hit the Zumanjaro gondolas. So maybe they should modify the ride and time KK to only be forbidden to launch while Zumanjaro is near the pull-up section of KK.

Batman: The ride:

Whoever says this ride is rough is a huge baby. Very smooth and easily the most forceful invert I have ridden. The ride packs a huge punch and was a phenomenal ride! I loved the theme too! Another out-shadowed ride at the park. 9/10

Agree. It's just 100% smooth which keeps amazing me due to both its age and its intensity (which must put the trains under a bit more stress).

Bizarro:

Another underdog coaster. Bit of a hike to get to but it was well worth it. The ride was very long and it has some great momnets, the zero-g roll, the helix after the MCBR and the dive loop really stood out to me. I loved the ride and I think it would be more appreciated if it was at a smaller park. Hydra was a step up though.

8/10

I also think it is underrated. It was really smooth (in my first trip to the park in 2011 there was a little jerk into the MCBR but last year it seemed to be gone) and, while it's not crazy intense, I think it's really solid and has a nice pacing and set of elements.

Nitro - If you don't get a good ride, Nitro is not very intense. The "turning hills" have no airtime. I do like the rising helix into the MCBR. The bunny hills are good in some seats, but not that great in others. I still like it, and I'm still kind of debating whether I like it or Diamondback better (and I like Diamondback.)

I have to disagree about Nitro not having airtime on the turning hills. Even in the back, I always get a pop while the train banks and on the hill before the helix, there's definitely airtime. I used to think I wasn't getting airtime on those hills but after riding since 2006, I've definitely noticed there is airtime on those hills. Maybe you just have to try it again with a looser lap bar.

Little trip report from today. Went to the park with my 2 borderline enthusiast friends. I was pretty confident it would be a light summer crowd because of the AM showers in the forecast (which never happened) and I was right for the most part.

Now try not to laugh but going into today I've had a fear of getting on Kingda Ka for years. Today I decided to not let fear control my visits anymore and I finally went on it. Gotta say it felt damn good to finally get that credit. Launch was nice and the view from the top was amazing. Hard to tell you were 450 feet in the air. I definitely overhyped the ride though as it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Like others have said, the ride is too short to be better than Toro and Nitro plus this probably won't be a top 10 coaster for me but it's still a powerful one-trick pony. The wind didn't bother me nearly as much on this as it did on Millennium Force.

On top of conquering Ka, it was also my 100th credit! Felt like that was the best coaster for that with the story for me and the reputation it has. So at least there was some decent reason in the end to wait years to ride it. Unfortunately my other friend couldn't jump that hurdle today but hopefully soon.

We then got 2 rides on Toro to remind me what the true best coaster in the park is and then Bizarro. Before we had lunch, we decided to ride the Log Flume. Most awkward ride ever. Picture 3 big dudes trying to fit in just one half of a log. We literally crushed my friend like a sandwich who sat in the middle. Toro Ryan please get the message to those guys not to make 3 big dudes sit in the same seat. It barely got done to be honest.

After lunch we rode Skull Mountain and then Nitro. We decided to ride Nitro again but this time in the front. Having not ridden up there in a while, it was much better than I remembered. In fact I got my best rides on Nitro today in years. Hopefully with the other good reports, this shows that Nitro is returning to world class coaster status.

After that we rode Batman and went to check if Zum was open. It was and I'd say it was about a 50 minute wait for us. This might be first ride bias but this imo is GAdv's best addition since El Toro. Everybody in our gondola was nervous about the ride including me and my friend. Being up 415 feet slowly isn't comftorable. I even saw a father and daughter hold hands on the way up. I've never seen a ride intimidate more people. The view is incredible though.

As for the ride itself, I give it much more credit than most have. The drop may not be as intense as Stratosfear but man the length makes up for it. Plus you feel the wind from how fast you're going on your legs near the bottom. Never had that on a drop tower. It legitimately feels like you're dropping much longer than on most towers. I'd say this was my 2nd favorite drop tower after Stratosfear in Knoebels and a top 5 ride in the park.

We decided to finish the day on El Toro again plus I got my 40th anniversary shirt. No lines over 30 minutes the whole day besides Ka and Zumanjaro. Here's my run count for the day:

El Toro 3x

Nitro 3x

Kingda Ka 1x

Bizarro 1x

Skull Mountain 1x

Batman 1x

Zumanjaro 1x

Log Flume 1x

Skyway 1x

I visited the park today too as seen in pervious posts. Overall it was a great day, getting to ride everything I wanted too. El Toro 1x, Bizzaro 2x, Kingda Ka 1x, Nitro 1x, Batman The Ride 1x and Zumanjaro 1x. All the coasters today were running great. I can see that they are hitting their mid-season stride in operations. Batman has been running tremendous this year, more so then I remember in past seasons. Did it get new wheels or anything?

Now for Zumanjaro. If there was one word to describe this ride it would be, "Wow". I know some people have had some beef with this ride since its been installed, but I loved it. The whole experience was something new, got to see the park from a whole other perspective, not including the new views of El Toro. Intamin did a great job delivering on the ride experience because this drop tower easily launched itself into one of my favorites at the park.

Whoever says this ride is rough is a huge baby.

Thank you. I think Batman may be the smoothest coaster I've ever ridden yet people constantly say the ride is rough. I really don't get it.

After riding it today for my 3rd time this season, and first ride in the last row, I don't think its a matter of it being rough. It's certainly smooth. Its just such a tight course that some of the transitions are unexpected, especially the last two inversions. When you know whats coming, you can anticipate and ride defensively but when you don't know parts can be quite jarring. It is a smooth ride, but it does have headbanging. My last ride a few weeks ago was front row left and I got punched in the head at least twice. Today back left and nothing at all. It was a great, really intense smooth ride today. I really wanted to get back on but we never did.

Bizarro:

Another underdog coaster. Bit of a hike to get to but it was well worth it. The ride was very long and it has some great momnets, the zero-g roll, the helix after the MCBR and the dive loop really stood out to me. I loved the ride and I think it would be more appreciated if it was at a smaller park. Hydra was a step up though.

8/10

I also think it is underrated. It was really smooth (in my first trip to the park in 2011 there was a little jerk into the MCBR but last year it seemed to be gone) and, while it's not crazy intense, I think it's really solid and has a nice pacing and set of elements.

The headknocking going into the MCBR is still there, I felt it today. Personally I think its the only moment on the entire ride where it happens. Rode it twice today - once in front and once in back, and confirmed it is still a favorite in the park. It is an incredibly smooth looping coaster. All of the effects were working today and we got our second ride in just after the sun set so that was perfect as its a great night ride.

My buddy Art and I planned a hooky day today and both took off work to just go up for a full day and get on as much as we could. Art is not nearly as into coasters as I, but is an up-for-anything type most of the time. I did in fact get him on Kingda Ka last summer, but out of nowhere today a sudden/random 'fear of heights issue' began popping up. Hmmm

With the morning rain we both drug our feet and didn't wind up getting up to and into the park til 12:30pm. This was actually nice as we didn't have any issues getting passed the gates and getting in and Main Street was dead. Went right for El Toro of course. Line was all of first set of switchbacks, maybe 20-30 min wait. We walked right back to Flash Pass HQs and got them for the day. Screw it, we want to enjoy ourselves, not stand in line all day. Right back to Toro we went. Rode it in the magic seat all three times today - first ride at 1pm, second around 4, last at 7:45. Last ride was insane in terms of intensity and forces. I love this ride, I think it's my absolute favorite. Saw a few walks of shame today. Loading was awful early on but on the last ride the crew was moving and dispatching one train before the previous hit the brake run. There were hustling crews all around today. Nice!

Bizarro was great both times we rode it today. Wouldn't have needed FP as it looked like a walk-on both times. They were allowing re-rides. We rode once earlier and in the front (first time for me) and once later after sunset. All fire, mist and lighting effects were running and it makes it such a great ride at night. The floorless aspect is really amplified when there is nothing in front of you but track. Very cool.

Batman we only did once in the back row and this was awesome. I think this ride may even rival El Toro in its intensity. Its such a wild/tight course, it does require some defensive riding. Wish I got back on later. I didn't like this ride but I have really come around to it.

Skull Mountain had really slow, one train operations today but was still a fun ride. Love the darkness, the death metal and the wild layout. So fun every time. Its just sort of ridiculous and always a good time. The flash pass attendant had a giant stick up her ass, I only mention it as she may have been the most miserable employee I've dealt with at the park all year, no exaggeration. Um, you work at a theme park, would it kill you to smile? Why are you yelling at people? Ugh.

Runaway Train was a walk-on and is always just silly. I don't even know why I ride it. Nostalgia, lol. I love the few drops at the end and over the lake. It's a classic. You kind of have to give some love to the oldest coaster in the park.

We did the log flume because afternoon heat. They squeezed the two of us in the back half of a log with a family of 3 (maybe 4?) in the front. Very tight squeeze which actually made the ride more fun as we were laughing about being squeezed in so tightly together. Made our boat very heavy so we got pretty soaked. Thank god for FP, this line was looooong.

I got Art on Superman for his first time (loved it) and also he wanted to try Green Lantern which ugh its official I hate this freaking ride. I try it all over the train in different seats and it just doesn't matter it literally beats me the entire time. I would LOVE this ride with seated trains, it has a great course. Cant do standing coasters. Flying coasters are awesome tho so of course we went back on Superman. So great. That damn pretzel loop is out of this world. The train right before our second ride the op spotted someone with their phone out on the train and stopped it on the lift to climb up and take it from the passenger. People are so dumb. Unless you can mount the camera on something dont film yourself on a coaster. So stupid. Who do you think is going to want to watch your shakey footage? STOP.

I also dragged Art into Houdini's Great Escape as its a great ride to take someone into that has no idea what to expect. The intro is cheesy but the ride part is interesting in the least if not a little fun. He liked it, but upon exiting he said "I could see how someone could throw up on that ride". Lmao

I did both Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro, both without Art. Again thank god for FP as the line for Zumanjaro was enormous and I walked right on. I wouldn't have waited as I'm not a fan of drop rides. As a SFGAdv regular this year I felt I sort of had to ride it. Art? Fear of heights. :/ Anyways, not so doom-ish. I tried very hard all day to not over think it or psych myself out of doing it. It's literally hawking over my shoulder all day at the park. It was tough walking all the way back there through the FP queue, alone, and walking right onto a drop ride. It is just not my thing. Drops on coasters? Love them. Drop rides? I am not afraid of heights, I just don't like that sensation of falling straight down. But I did it. The ascent was not particularly scary, and seemed to happen very fast. I don't have much of a fear of heights, maybe because my eyesight is terrible and I wont wear my prescription glasses on rides. During the ascent I concentrated on how the entire park looked so small, especially what behemoths like Nitro and Toro look like from up there. I certainly could not see Philly without my glasses but I squinted in a futile attempt for a second. Once we stopped at the top I felt what seemed like a few fake out bumps/bounces before the actual plunge. The plunge itself was not as forceful as the yank over Toro's first drop while in the back, it was somehow more floatery than that. But it was over so fast, blink and you'll miss it. I would ride it again, so maybe it has turned me on to drop rides. It was certainly a rush. Not scary.

Like I said I also rode Kingda Ka, also alone (fear of heights again hmmm) and for whatever reason I just jumped in the back row, as the line was shorter and I had him waiting for me, and I'd never ridden in the back before. This ride is INSANE. Well, the launch is insane. The drop/twist was actually more forceful in the back, and yes there is insane rattle/shuffle during the launch while sitting in the back of the train. I had a brief "what the hell am I doing" moment during the launch. Crazytown this ride. I could take it or leave it though, I don't get off thinking "that was fun!" or "that was amazing", just "that was insane/crazy/ridiculous".

OK so Nitro. I think Ive just been lucky all season as our first ride on Nitro today I purposely jumped on Train C to see what all the hoopla what about and yes, there is a rattle. It definitely did not feel as smooth as usual but I can't say that it ruined the ride for me. We rode Nitro twice today, both rides in the back, including as our last ride of the night in the dark, and I loved it both times. Always do. But yeah. Train C is not fixed and still rattling if what I felt today is what everyone has been feeling.

Overall it was a great day. We tailgated with Wawa hoagies for lunch and for dinner we ate Nathans (which were OK) and also throughout the day we stopped for beer and hang time/people watching at Main Street Pub and also at Best of the West to peep some log flume riders. Weather was perfect, at times even breezy. Operations were in full summer mode on everything. I love when you get stand up comedians running rides. The guy on El Toro later in the day had a great crew and was hilarious on his microphone. We probably could have skipped the flash passes as lines for the coasters were sometimes non-existent, sometimes insanely long, sometimes middle of the road but as I said we splurged because we wanted to really get the most out of our day. And we did. Now my next trip is NOT going to be at SFGAdv.

tally:

El Toro x3

Nitro x2

Superman x2

Bizarro x2

Zumanjaro Drop of Doom x1 (just me solo not Art)

Kingda Ka x1 (just me solo not Art)

Batman x1

Green Lantern x1

Log Flume x1

Runaway Mine Train x1

Skull Mountain x1

Houdini's Great Escape x1

food breaks x2

beer breaks x3

Oh yeah I took a whole bunch of photos today. Time for bed.

edited for spelling and grammar as I wrote this while falling asleep last night.

DSC02283.JPG.13d4b25b689db878cd50c2bfa3c31d45.JPG

en route

DSC02293.JPG.175addf7d7ab48681242f02381b4bbe0.JPG

nice weather

DSC02294.JPG.182b9498e010c43196093d2684edd2c7.JPG

This building always makes me want ice cream

DSC02296.JPG.a5329d59ac2e3f3b9030eb94b5691b38.JPG

DSC02300.JPG.6f81e4a67998f6216197dfd499eea408.JPG

First of the day

DSC02302.JPG.3ed80070833054c4a7c1fe0f99977f1e.JPG

ultimate airtime

DSC02306.JPG.008d80e9cf8c53b57da6499cc9082e9e.JPG

a classic

DSC02312.JPG.62b2caedc4b6dfe1be804f08b4253c39.JPG

Get twisted

DSC02313.JPG.0258e79a95fb3edd4b846fe815837eb9.JPG

beautiful weather

DSC02319.JPG.cea4152c279607dc8af63d16a9870d54.JPG

Let's cool off on a classic

DSC02321.JPG.ba74cf714411316db00072af4857ca4f.JPG

DSC02327.JPG.ec3f499d53c7cb96a590b4e101593e0b.JPG

SFGADV is a really nice park

DSC02331.JPG.a3c4ddaaed0bd4acae296d730e5b2c8d.JPG

Beers. Best of the West

DSC02332.JPG.6fb06b52a9df64c1285a50e29ccb54a0.JPG

Flume drop from the deck @ Best of the West

DSC02334.JPG.f485ee4394f0040dcf34dd71fe41a083.JPG

DSC02338.JPG.ad02ab1c552efe93ecdb1d2f15817277.JPG

DSC02340.JPG.fbeea3a62e6634c4c41eb171ba9606f4.JPG

DSC02345.JPG.248aa545547a7e921d77bc92d73e5b02.JPG

Choo-choo!

DSC02348.JPG.f976f95feacf53399490f242d14caf3f.JPG

We stopped inside the Great Adventure History Museum. Very cool! They should make this a (maybe smaller) permanent display.

DSC02349.JPG.d724cd22186b283d123e3c7d9c4c3fa6.JPG

DSC02351.JPG.e214a91a55e1a43163461ca0210a6d13.JPG

love that font

DSC02357.JPG.e494c1df1392819f2369afd60c8c25ab.JPG

I kind of hate the look of these two parking lot coasters but they look cool set against each other.

DSC02360.JPG.997992b3fd3fc240015b393142e38178.JPG

DSC02370.JPG.d2a8573a2048178274e16989ad5d72e3.JPG

Nutso pretzel loop

DSC02371.JPG.fbb5e36f0de39e02f175f1661fdbbf73.JPG

having a wawa hoagiefest in the parking lot and watching KK/Z:DOD.

DSC02374.JPG.ce17cda02e9e190f747b64d642c8dcdc.JPG

Trying to zoom on Zum

DSC02377.JPG.e44404862c14eb74e9483a62849625c1.JPG

DSC02378.JPG.ee7cc02af304b0060ac2045a5a635a5c.JPG

DSC02380.JPG.1ef03b24aae874afe670d0ab9c653b4c.JPG

DSC02384.JPG.6e264780c2b51bf38c6869ffc1c04ca2.JPG

DSC02391.JPG.80e598be818316e3b201dcec0ad0473a.JPG

Love when its quiet over here and a train comes SCREAMING around that corner

DSC02394.JPG.69304ccdb317d45da6fa9abcf96af461.JPG

Very cool views of the backside of Toro from Zumanjaros queue

DSC02397.JPG.6d5ffb1efa42d2c7fe3b23525f14d617.JPG

And neat views of Ka from here!

DSC02401.JPG.b21ecdefd67b35bd4ed299975b7eab66.JPG

More of Toro. The landscaping looks good back here. They could fill in more, but it makes me wonder if they may add something back here.

DSC02406.JPG.424ff9b0a9e18f3c33f73c0701606389.JPG

Almost looks like Rolling Thunder is still there.

DSC02409.JPG.a1acbd8fb2f906418a63608d16965d13.JPG

Love...

DSC02410.JPG.c52564bdbf60ca998037f6b34c59b396.JPG

this...

DSC02411.JPG.c43bee95a38e101c0eee476f414b00ae.JPG

partttttt

DSC02412.JPG.bf7373c0ca0a4dff85dfb54b57be0403.JPG

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC02420.JPG.87b56fb8f0a5c1dcf6bef4761ae68efb.JPG

Awesome sunset!

DSC02421.JPG.56be55e9d1b6544ef1298ecfc73b9e0d.JPG

DSC02423.JPG.d95fcca655a79ecad05bbc5ca9076e97.JPG

DSC02428.JPG.b3a3642c443ff61e5531ffe7af26ec8e.JPG

Til next time.

Edited by boldikus

Great trip report! I loved those shots of El Toro from Zumanjaro's queue. Does seem like they could put something in that open area, but I'm still hoping for a new ride to help fill out the waterfront area.

Nice to see the Skyride crew was really working their a**es off. The capacity must have been fantastic.

I'd say this was my 2nd favorite drop tower after Stratosfear in Knoebels and a top 5 ride in the park.

You have great taste in drop towers.

Overall it was a great day. We tailgated with Wawa hoagies for lunch

You have great taste in hoagies.

Thanks for the great reports. I'll continue to avoid train C I guess. lol

went down to the park yesterday. ended up being one of the best trips ive had in years. operations seemed better than usual. the coasters are still all great, but zumanjaro is slowly becoming a gem for me. what a rush. overall just a great day all around. lower ride counts than usual bc i didnt arrive at the park until after 5 pm, and a big chunk of time was spent queuing for zumanjaro.

Ka 1x

Zumanjaro 1x

El Toro 1x

Bizarro 2x (why is this ride basically neglected by the GP? its so damn good!)

Batman 1x

Nitro 1x

Nitro:

What a wonderful ride! I couldn't believe how far the ride rips through the woods. Great airtime, very smooth and extremely comftorable. I loved the g force in the helix. The line turned out to be an hour long, making it one of the most popular rides at the park. The airtime was more floater than ejector but still amazing nonetheless. It could really use some paint though... 10/10

I'm with you on this. It blew me away after just expecting a good ride. I had a great ride (and several of them). You get really nice floater in the back on the first drop. A stark contrast to El Toro that violently tries to get you the **** off the ride in the same spot.

Whoever says this ride is rough is a huge baby. Very smooth and easily the most forceful invert I have ridden. The ride packs a huge punch and was a phenomenal ride! I loved the theme too! Another out-shadowed ride at the park. 9/10

I'm with you again. I went "whooooa" at every twist. Not rough but forceful.

Kingda Ka:

Horray my 50th credit (finally)! Amazing ride, the launch is unreal, so fast and thrilling. The drop was cool too. No brake downs at all for the ride which seemed like a good sign. The setting it has by sending two trains out then dropping zumanjaro really had no effect on the line. It actually worked fine. 10/10

It was closed during my visit thanks to Zumanjaro not being ready. I'll get that credit in 2015.

El Toro

Well obviously this was the best coaster of the trip. The night rides just iced the cake, it totally blows every other coaster I've ridden out of the water. Everything about it was amazing. We rode in the back all the times that we rode. The ride did go down twice during the day though. Sorry bizarro "You no number 1 now" 10/10

El Toro is now the #1 Wood for me too (sorry Balder at Liseberg). Now if I can only get my a$$ over to Korea and see how it stacks up against T Express...

Runaway Mine Train:

This old school arrow had a cool layout with a surprise drop. I liked the look of the coaster but I found it to be somewhat bumpy. We sat in the back seat and found it enjoyable. One and done though. 7/10

I was too busy trying to fit in it to experience the surprise drop I guess.

Skull Mountain:

I loved this ride! Best theming that I've seen at a six flags park so far. The ride was a total shock, the drop blew us away and the whole ride was fast and fun. One of the biggest surprises of the trip. It's pitch black inside and hardcore heavy metal music blasts while you ride. We loved it!10/10

I whent "Wheeee!" on it to. Fun ride.

Dark Knight Coaster:

What the hell people? Stop bagging on this ride, it was ten times better than a regular wild mouse. The turns didn't hurt, the theming was top notch and there was individual lap bars. We all really enjoyed the ride. 7/10

Fun, but I really, really hate those 15 minute intros just to get on the ride.

Superman:

Great ride. The pretzel loop was the best loop of the trip. I loved the feeling of flying on this ride, the line was crazy all day so we rode it later on. It actually was our last ride of the night. I really liked everything about this ride, I just wish it was longer. 8.5/10

This one I missed too. It decided to break down just as I got to the stairs in the station. After 15 minutes I left. After 20 minutes it was running again. I'll get this one in 2015.

Green Lantern:

Okay, I really didn't find this ride bad. Although the stand up thing was awkward and uncomfortable, I loved the layout of the ride. There was no head banging. The ride would be much better if they made it a sit down, floor coaster. I try to find the best in coaster and this one was easy to find good. It was still at the bottom of my coaster list on the trip but I think Thunderhawk takes the cake for the worst. But none these coasters were bad, I enjoyed them all. 6/10

For me, it was horrible and I felt I just went 12 rounds with one of the Klitschko-brothers getting off it.

Bizarro:

Another underdog coaster. Bit of a hike to get to but it was well worth it. The ride was very long and it has some great momnets, the zero-g roll, the helix after the MCBR and the dive loop really stood out to me. I loved the ride and I think it would be more appreciated if it was at a smaller park. Hydra was a step up though. 8/10

Great ride, and I realize I'm in minority here, but I preferred it to Batman.

LOL I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. As a lifelong Philadelphian, Wawa hoagies are kind of the bottom of the barrel but not inedible. They get the job done but it would be awesome if a Primos (hoagies, not pizza) were in or near the park. They are THE BEST.

LOL I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. As a lifelong Philadelphian, Wawa hoagies are kind of the bottom of the barrel but not inedible. They get the job done but it would be awesome if a Primos (hoagies, not pizza) were in or near the park. They are THE BEST.

Haha not at all. After hearing from all of my friends of Phillie / Delmarva about how Wawa was basically heaven on earth I finally became a believer this year when we went to Busch Gardens and ended up eating Wawa hoagies for dinner since nothing else in Williamsburg is open after 8PM.