TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Travel internationally, Americans. People in Europe maintain their high school/college-aged shape for the rest of their lives, for the most part. The point is, it is true. Americans are larger. They may not choose to be, but to act like its a disease is untrue as well, because any international travel whatsoever proves otherwise. We are overworked and eat unhealthily. Some bodies can handle it, and some can't. This is why I don't like to outright blame people for being obese, but it is consequential of their habits-habits made possible by our culture/society. It's good that parks are putting big boy chairs on coasters to allow more people to ride. Given that we do have a large public, we need to provide for larger people.

being that America is full of obese people, coaster manufacturers should build the rides for bigger riders.

Or don't do that and the fatties can hit the treadmill once in a while.

Saying things like that and things stated above is EXTREMLEY rude.

I've never seen someone have so much disrespect for someone.

Like Devilsflight said, for some people obesity isn't really a choice. I don't care if your anorexic, don't talk about people and call them names such as "Fatties."

Leave the moderating to the moderators.

You need a sense of humor to read TPR and referring to POS as "Fatties is not out of line.

Sorry, they're not fatties. They're 'MURICAN!

Edit - I would like to point out that I'm no saint, myself. Hell, I bought $50 worth of Easter candy the day after Easter because it was all on super clearance. However, I have no problems fitting onto any rides. I'm a big guy, 230 lbs, but I still get out and move around a lot. To get to the point pictured isn't a disease. That's a clear choice of being a slob.

Sorry, they're not fatties. They're 'MURICAN!

Edit - I would like to point out that I'm no saint, myself. Hell, I bought $50 worth of Easter candy the day after Easter because it was all on super clearance. However, I have no problems fitting onto any rides. I'm a big guy, 230 lbs, but I still get out and move around a lot. To get to the point pictured isn't a disease. That's a clear choice of being a slob.

'Least they know how to eat pizza the right way...with ranch !!

The only thing that would make it better is if you could find a way to make it that obnoxious neon yellowish green you guys wear... Because that is one heck of a stylish color

Done. haha

LOL.

Also I got get down with ranch on pizza but its all about hot sauce on pizza!!!!!

I'm still getting a grasp on TPR's morals. It's OK to make fun of specific groups of people(in good fun, right?), but no swearing or adult language?

This board has so much R rated content lurking beneath it's PG surface. I like it here, a lot. But it's perplexing simultaneously.

I'm all for making fun of the overweight wheelchair bound burn victim transvestite midget(I believe there should be no limits on what is "right", or "acceptable" to make fun of). Everyone deserves the opportunity to laugh at themselves.

I've noticed, not specifically from this thread---- that some of the fat jokes come out jaded, with a dash of anger and spite behind them.

Let the moderators moderate, I agree. Coming out swinging, saying how rude you believe someone to be, makes you look like a Sally. Party on.

Edited by Kenny B

I don't get how people think belts limit airtime. There are two simple ways around a situation where the staff tightens your belt or asks you too.

1 - As you leave the station, loosen the belt.

2 - take off the seat belt.

DONE!

You would no this If any of you have ever rode Millie at CP.

That's a terrible example. El Toro and Expedition GeForce would be better examples... but really if people think seat belts will ruin airtime then they're just going out of their way to find things to complain about. The only problem with the belts will be increased dispatch times.

Edit: I'm in the minority of people that think MF does have a decent amount of airtime if you ride near the back of the train but I don't think of it as an airtime coaster.

Not that I've ridden it without, but Id have a hard time believing the seat belts affect the airtime on El Toro. In fact I'm not sure I'd want to ride without them.

I don't get how people think belts limit airtime. There are two simple ways around a situation where the staff tightens your belt or asks you too.

1 - As you leave the station, loosen the belt.

2 - take off the seat belt.

DONE!

Not sure how easy that would be with the shape of B&M's lapbars. With the buzz bars on older wooden coaster it might me simple but on nitro I wouldn't be do sure.

If there's a will, there's a way.

Your right, it may be difficult on B&M hyper's, but I imagine you could grab the belts on each separate strap, and attempt to shimmy it loose - I bet that would work, I also think I could jam my fingers down by my waist and manage to get it off(button or the flip lock, I'd manage I think)(suck it, push the belt into you---- there's more than one way to make space down there). I don't need a seat belt specifically on a B&M hyper.

Getting on to the topic of the park. Since cedar fair has been putting belts I their B&M hypers, would six flags do the same with theirs? Belts would really ruin some airtime I would imagine.

I highly doubt it. I've heard seatbelts were attempted on Nitro it's opening year but they were quickly removed when they were proven to be unnecessary. Hopefully the same happens with the Cedar Fair B&M hypers. Here's a pic from coastergallery.com when Nitro first opened. Those little black knob things are the seatbelts.

nitro.jpg.aceecfda9aa6f6db6ecdb37be84ceb5b.jpg

^Not a very usual type of seatbelt.

Hopefully the same happens with the Cedar Fair B&M hypers.

I'm not sure, on Nitro they probably came with the ride and then were considered unnecessary. But with if CF decided to add them after the rides opened I'm sure they have their own reasons and probably it won't be easy to change their minds.