TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Great Adventute is really great so far. The day has started off great with 6 rides on El Toro, Bizarro Skyride, Skull Mountain, Nirto, & were in line for Batman right now! This park is awesome!

Glad to hear you're having fun! If you get a chance to ride some flat rides check out Houdini, it's really weird.

El Toro indeed melted my face off! We were on the first train of the day and stayed input seat for the repeat laps! I know these Intamins need time to warm up so I'm excited for more rides later! Also riding boldikus mountain was too much fun, I understand all the hype!

Edit: we've also hopped on Houdini it was good!

^Oh yeah. Shame its not really hot today as thats when she really rips but you'll no doubt notice the difference when you ride it later. Enjoy! Glad your having fun. We have a great park.

Lines were longer than I anticipated by 12:30, so I left the park after power riding El Toro to start the day and one ride on Zumanjaro. Walked to the other side of the park expecting short lines and to check out the Waffle de Lys installation in MovieTown. The lines at SkyScreamer and Joker were what I expected but the Nitro line was beyond that wall (and operations looked to be slow.) Batman line was out through the tunnel and was also slow moving. So I grabbed a Beef Quesadilla from the Macho Nacho (less than a 5 minute wait) in MoiveTown and headed out by 1PM.

Had a great little trip last night arriving at the park around 5:45 and leaving around closing. Operations were so-so as usually and we got stuck in Joker's station for 10 minutes when they had difficulties with the restraints but besides that it was a really fun evening. The B&M's were absoluting hauling which provided some pretty amazing rides on Bizzaro, Nitro and Batman. El Toro was stellar as usual and Joker was hilarious as well. We even caught some airtime on the back of the mine train. Superman was closed yesterday, anyone know why?

Joker 2x

Bizzaro 1x

Mine Train 1x

El Toro 1x

Zumanjaro 1x

Nitro 1x

Batman 1x

Superman was closed yesterday, anyone know why?

According to Screamscape it could be a lift motor problem.

This might be a stupid question but since lift motors take awhile to repair but in many cases are simply swapped out (I know many year round parks have two lift motors for some of their rides and rebuild one while the other is in use but it's Six Flags so I'm not holding my breath), is it plausible for them to use Great America's lift motor for Holiday in the Park if this isn't fixed by then?

Going to the park this Saturday...

...do they offer any discounts (buy one get one, etc) for season pass holders for Flash Pas during Halloween? Six Flags America and Fiesta Texas have in the past.

They used to offer a slight discount for being a passholder but nothing significant. I assume that's still the case.

Superman was closed yesterday, anyone know why?

According to Screamscape it could be a lift motor problem.

This might be a stupid question but since lift motors take awhile to repair but in many cases are simply swapped out (I know many year round parks have two lift motors for some of their rides and rebuild one while the other is in use but it's Six Flags so I'm not holding my breath), is it plausible for them to use Great America's lift motor for Holiday in the Park if this isn't fixed by then?

I swear this same time last year Supes was down because of the lift motor. I remember people complaining it was stupid to have it down during FF. But I also feel like it was back up in a week or two.

I swear this same time last year Supes was down because of the lift motor. I remember people complaining it was stupid to have it down during FF. But I also feel like it was back up in a week or two.

It was either last year or the year before, but yea, you're right. Wasn't down for very long either. I'm willing to bet it'll be functional by HITP.

...do they offer any discounts (buy one get one, etc) for season pass holders for Flash Pas during Halloween? Six Flags America and Fiesta Texas have in the past.

The app with coupons says its 5 bucks off per person, so 10 off a 2 person flash pass, 15 off a 3 person, etc. It says valid anytime in 2017 though but doesn't hurt to try getting the discount.

It was either last year or the year before, but yea, you're right. Wasn't down for very long either. I'm willing to bet it'll be functional by HITP.

Seeems like it was even sooner than that, because I was at the park yesterday and it was open! I saw them working on the motor while we were entering the park and then a few hours later it opened to the public. It broke down for an hour or so at one point but at the end of the night it was still running.

*edit*

Forgot to mention how amazing the nitro team was yesterday. They were dispatching trains when the one before hit the MCBR. (Or even sooner sometimes). They would rush you saying "45 seconds to dispatch, please sit down immediately" and it worked great. It turned what wouldve been an hour wait if it was a slow crew into a 15 minute wait. Even funnier that the wait times app said it was a 90 minute wait when we got in line.

The app with coupons says its 5 bucks off per person, so 10 off a 2 person flash pass, 15 off a 3 person, etc. It says valid anytime in 2017 though but doesn't hurt to try getting the discount.

Jumping in to ask if all the 2017 season pass coupons are online or via the app? In the past I've gotten one of those little booklets but when we got our pass upgraded Wednesday for next year they didn't give us anything. It wasn't even on my radar until I was driving home. Perhaps they haven't come up with the 2017 discounts yet? Thoughts??

Jumping in to ask if all the 2017 season pass coupons are online or via the app? In the past I've gotten one of those little booklets but when we got our pass upgraded Wednesday for next year they didn't give us anything. It wasn't even on my radar until I was driving home. Perhaps they haven't come up with the 2017 discounts yet? Thoughts??

The coupon deals for 2017 are not known yet. The only 2017 coupons showing up on the app are discounts on flash pass and the 2017 Season Sports Bottle.

Not unexpected but park was packed today, was really nice out. We got in pretty early and it wasnt that bad but my brother tried to come at 5:30pm and it took him 2 hours to get into the park, park, through the gates.

He had to park in HH lot which was completely full, it was crazy crowded today. Got on a few things, watched an hour for Toro early in the day, few little rides. Waited like 40 min for Dark Knight for my little cousin, never seen that ride that crowded before.

But had a good time with the family.

Seeems like it was even sooner than that, because I was at the park yesterday and it was open! I saw them working on the motor while we were entering the park and then a few hours later it opened to the public. It broke down for an hour or so at one point but at the end of the night it was still running.

*edit*

Forgot to mention how amazing the nitro team was yesterday. They were dispatching trains when the one before hit the MCBR. (Or even sooner sometimes). They would rush you saying "45 seconds to dispatch, please sit down immediately" and it worked great. It turned what wouldve been an hour wait if it was a slow crew into a 15 minute wait. Even funnier that the wait times app said it was a 90 minute wait when we got in line.

Just today I’ve read both here and in the SFNE thread that ride ops were counting down to encourage people to move quickly into their seats. I just visited my home park (SFOG) Friday night and ride ops on several of the larger coasters were consistently doing the same thing there as well. It’s probably just coincidental, but I suppose I can dream that there’s been some new corporate push for better ops...

Just today I’ve read both here and in the SFNE thread that ride ops were counting down to encourage people to move quickly into their seats. I just visited my home park (SFOG) Friday night and ride ops on several of the larger coasters were consistently doing the same thing there as well. It’s probably just coincidental, but I suppose I can dream that there’s been some new corporate push for better ops...

The same vocal encouragement at three different parks sounds more like a corporate suggestion than a coincidence.

The same vocal encouragement at three different parks sounds more like a corporate suggestion than a coincidence.

Unfortunately this concept will be completely lost on the Medusa crew. They'd stand and count, finish, then stand around another five minutes, then begin dawdling to check restraints.

There's no helping the Medusarro crew. The park could be empty and they'd still be triple stacking trains.

Interesting about the ops telling people to hurry to their seats. I visited on Wednesday and didn't experience that so the mandate must have just come down from corporate this weekend. Hopefully the crews keep it up.