TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

KD got hit by an aftershock! lolololololols

Good lord I hope there wasn't any injuries or damage....my sister lives in Stafford & she posted on her FB this morning that they had another aftershock overnight in her area,they had one early wednesday morning too.

Back to 2012:I hope we get at least a windseeker,I've ridden flying ace & it gives me vertigo at only 85 feet so just imagine what a 300 ft. tall version of that ride would be like.....with only lapbars instead of the more secure feeling of the OTSR on flying ace.

^Well supposedly Cedar Fair ordered four more Windseekers and one of theme is going to Carowinds, that leaves three.

KD, WoF, and Dorney will most likely get one. Valleyfair and CGA have height limits.

Dorney has a height limit of, I believe, up to 210 feet depending on the point in the park.

^Well supposedly Cedar Fair ordered four more Windseekers and one of theme is going to Carowinds, that leaves three.

KD, WoF, and Dorney will most likely get one. Valleyfair and CGA have height limits.

Dorney has a height limit of, I believe, up to 210 feet depending on the point in the park.

So that kinda narrows it down to KD & WOF then.

I haven't been on any of the Windseekers, they are basically a 300 ft version of the Flying Ace ride in Planet Snoopy? Also, I really hate the Idea of adding Dinosaurs Alive. I am not really a big fan of upcharge attractions.

You might not be a fan, but Cedar Fair is - remember that making money is the number one goal here.

Windseeker is also avalible in a 210 feet version with 50 seats..

Even smaller version's is avalible so I don't think height limit's is a problem.

Good lord I hope there wasn't any injuries or damage....my sister lives in Stafford & she posted on her FB this morning that they had another aftershock overnight in her area,they had one early wednesday morning too.

I live 10 minutes south of Stafford and was awake during the aftershock, it was barely noticeable. The floor shook a bit and my bed wiggled. I've had far more seismic activity occur in bed than what happened last night.

I haven't been on any of the Windseekers, they are basically a 300 ft version of the Flying Ace ride in Planet Snoopy? Also, I really hate the Idea of adding Dinosaurs Alive. I am not really a big fan of upcharge attractions.

You might not be a fan, but Cedar Fair is - remember that making money is the number one goal here.

very true. i have never experienced one yet but from pictures. KI's version looks cool

^A fast pass system would be great!

Ohh no it wouldn't. Last time they tried it about ten years ago they had to discontinue it after fights began breaking out at rides.

Well if people would learn they have fast pass it wouldn't be a problem.

The problem generally is either the same people who refuse pay into the program have a problem with the people that do so; or that they don't like or understand that people are being allowed to pay extra to skip the lines.

I live 10 minutes south of Stafford and was awake during the aftershock, it was barely noticeable. The floor shook a bit and my bed wiggled. I've had far more seismic activity occur in bed than what happened last night.

TMI Steve,TMI.

If we do get a Windseeker, I hope it's like Knott's version. Theirs has one more color scheme than the others. I just hope if we get one it will look different.

While KBF's color scheme looks nice compared to the other three I kinda think it'd be too similar to DT's orange/yellow color combo.

The problem generally is either the same people who refuse pay into the program have a problem with the people that do so; or that they don't like or understand that people are being allowed to pay extra to skip the lines.

They could have employees where they enter.

Yea, they could make that kind of system at Kings Dominion where they can just enter through the exit.

^I was at the park on Walk-on Wednesday, and let me tell you, when folks started coming up Grizzly's exit, more than a few yelling matches broke out. At least the crew eventually stopped the passholders from taking the same row twice, and actually blocked off two rows on I305. I don't personally mind fastpass systems, but if people will be acting in such a manner over people coming up the exit, I'd think the best solution for the park's sake would be to create some "alternate route" that merges before the station.

I think part of the problem is KD's policy of offering their own "quick queue" on Wednesdays only. I've only tried to use it once (at TPR's East Coast Bash a few years ago), and the staff doesn't seem to know how to handle it (it's a bit too "casual"). BGW has, for the most part, dedicated seat rows, separate entrances, and formal procedures in place for rides with Quick Queue (and the staff knows what to do).

This could improve if KD institutes a system and had formal procedures for using it.

Edited by cfc