TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Guys I rode gatekeeper this summer and I rode it in the back and it let me down so much, I didn't feel anything, but let me tell you, it's 100x better in the front, with the hang time over the first drop, floater on the hill, and you just get throw into elements. So it wasn't the best, but it was a pretty cool ride. This was the first wing coaster I've ridden also.

I'm not sure KD will get a wing coaster or any $20+ million coaster any time soon. They're investing so much in Carowinds (I read they're extending the investment beyond the original $50 million because attendance is spiking) I just don't see it for KD at the moment.

I'm not sure KD will get a wing coaster or any $20+ million coaster any time soon. They're investing so much in Carowinds (I read they're extending the investment beyond the original $50 million because attendance is spiking) I just don't see it for KD at the moment.

Where's the nearest crystal ball store?

Also, there's an interesting article out: www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-vr-coaster-canadas-wonderland-20150917-story.html

Kings Dominion is mentioned here. I honestly think if we get a coaster anytime soon, it's going to be a Mack.

but it's KD's turn to get a coaster/something BIG.

The park just made it's largest investment ever 5 years ago. Plus the park has invested into multiple ride rehabs, much needed infrastructure upgrades, Windseeker, Dinosaurs Alive, Planet Snoopy & Soak City expansions, and next year's Delirium. That would easily be greater than or at least equal to another $25 million coaster. I don't know about you but I'd take the multiple additions per year for multiple years, than a singe ride for one year with a drought between. Park demographics are made up of more than just thrill seekers, hence Planet Snoopy, Soak City & every family ride ever.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

Also, there's an interesting article out: www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-vr-coaster-canadas-wonderland-20150917-story.html

Kings Dominion is mentioned here. I honestly think if we get a coaster anytime soon, it's going to be a Mack.

I feel like every time you "speculate", you change the manufacturer and model of the coaster that you *think* will come to the park, and you change it on a close to daily basis. When was the last time CF went to Mack? The only reason you beleive the next coaster will be a Mack is because you want it to be a Mack. This is the kind of speculation that leads to the bashing of a new coaster because people expected something ridiculous based on nothing but their own wants (see Cedar Point & Valravn bashers).

This thread is a bit tiresome to read because by now we have "speculated" almost every manufacturer/model combo in existence for 2017 or 2018.

/endrant

I feel like every time you "speculate", you change the manufacturer and model of the coaster that you *think* will come to the park, and you change it on a close to daily basis. When was the last time CF went to Mack? The only reason you beleive the next coaster will be a Mack is because you want it to be a Mack. This is the kind of speculation that leads to the bashing of a new coaster because people expected something ridiculous based on nothing but their own wants (see Cedar Point & Valravn bashers).

This thread is a bit tiresome to read because by now we have "speculated" almost every manufacturer/model combo in existence for 2017 or 2018.

/endrant

I haven't seen any speculations for a Pinfari SLC or a Wacky Worm. I wonder how that would end...

/endrant

I agree, like atleast have signs of a coaster coming like Canada's Wonderland does to speculate that you're getting one. Land clearing, tree removal, and holes/ markings.

Also follow Wonderlands timeline of a coaster after our standup was removed for a new coaster.

/endrant

I'm pretty sure countless speculating has been around since the inception of the TPR boards. Go back and take a look at the 2009 conversions.

Also just because I want something doesn't mean I'm going to piss and moan if it turns out different. Wanted a coaster for 2016, still ended up happy we're getting Delerium.

The park just made it's largest investment ever 5 years ago. Plus the park has invested into multiple ride rehabs, much needed infrastructure upgrades, Windseeker, Dinosaurs Alive, Planet Snoopy & Soak City expansions, and next year's Delirium. That would easily be greater than or at least equal to another $25 million coaster. I don't know about you but I'd take the multiple additions per year for multiple years, than a singe ride for one year with a drought between. Park demographics are made up of more than just thrill seekers, hence Planet Snoopy, Soak City & every family ride ever.

I understand this, but the park is nearing a 7 year coaster drought, and inbetween they have added something for everyone. It may be your preferance to get a new slide complex/planet snoopy expansion in 2017, and that's fine. I'll be surprised if KD doesn't get a coaster in 2017.

I understand this, but the park is nearing a 7 year coaster drought

Oh boo-hoo. Thats cute that you're just now nearing a seven 7 coaster drought after i305. I am certain after visiting this year that you are doing just fine with your collection.

KD's turn to get something big? Who's the cycle through ( because obviously its not all the parks)? Were i305, Dominator, Volcano, Soak City, or Derilium not big enough / requested enough moves to satifsy you? The big parks have taken many turns and the samll parks are still waiting on their turn.

Don't like KD? Go to BGW. Don't like either? Go to SFA for all I care. Dont like any of them? Well congrats. You can live like me, with no home park (after moving here, that is).

Edited by RollerManic

Oh boo-hoo. Thats cute that you're just now nearing a seven 7 coaster drought after i305. I am certain after visiting this year that you are doing just fine with your collection.

Thank you! Try 17 years like we have had at Darien Lake. That's a real coaster drought.

Note: Motocoaster was added in 2008 but it is a family coaster, I'm talking about major coasters.

Thank you! Try 17 years like we have had at Darien Lake. That's a real coaster drought.

Note: Motocoaster was added in 2008 but it is a family coaster, I'm talking about major coasters.

omg I know, we have a serious coaster drought at Canada's Wonderland

Veruca-Salt.thumb.jpg.cf61f88395754a765f5122e9ea07d5c2.jpg

KD fans

I understand this, but the park is nearing a 7 year coaster drought

KD's turn to get something big? Who's the cycle through ( because obviously its not all the parks)? Were i305, Dominator, Volcano, Soak City, or Derilium not big enough / requested enough moves to satifsy you? The big parks have taken many turns and the samll parks are still waiting on their turn.

Don't like KD? Go to BGW. Don't like either? Go to SFA for all I care. Dont like any of them? Well congrats. You can live like me, with no home park (after moving here, that is).

^^He was just stating his thoughts. He's not complaining.

OKAY, HERE'S THE END ALL TO THIS DEBATE:

IF THERE'S WORK BEING DONE OR PLANS LEAKED BY JUNE 1, 2016, THEN A COASTER IS LIKELY COMING.

IF NOT, THEN A COASTER IS NOT COMING.

THANK YOU!!!!

Now let's talk about what's actually coming in 2016. What will be the ride cycle time for Delerium?