TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Seriously? In that same time you received two (used) rollercoasters and Demon Drop. You also got some pretty nice waterpark upgrades. BooHoo Dorney Park is so mistreated

Two used coasters, one of which doesn't work, an old first gen drop tower, and some waterslides. I believe people with Dorney as a home park are well within their rights to feel slighted.

Seriously? In that same time you received two (used) rollercoasters and Demon Drop. You also got some pretty nice waterpark upgrades. BooHoo Dorney Park is so mistreated

Two used coasters, one of which doesn't work, an old first gen drop tower, and some waterslides. I believe people with Dorney as a home park are well within their rights to feel slighted.

Two unique Inverted coasters, the most unnerving drop ride ever created, and an expanded waterpark, while also being a single-day trip of Knoebels, Hershey, Great Adventure, Six Flags America, the entire Jersey Shore, and Coney Island. People can stop being ungrateful and childish now, thanks.

^ When you use area attractions (Great Adventure, Jersey Shore, Knoebels) as a reason that the park is fine it just irks me. That means that the park isn't competing enough in its location. The problem that I and most of us have is that Dorney has so much more potential than it's using. The park has 3 inverts, 2 of which are not only used, but also shuttles, as in they can only run 1 train. The park hasn't received a really new coaster since 2004! Also Wildwater Kingdom, while having one of my favorite water slides of all time (Patriot's Plunge) lacks any type of real draw. There are no special structures that stand out (Bowls, Funnels, MEGAtubes, etc.) to bring in crowds.

Short: The park can be so much more if it was cared for properly.

Two unique Inverted coasters, the most unnerving drop ride ever created, and an expanded waterpark, while also being a single-day trip of Knoebels, Hershey, Great Adventure, Six Flags America, the entire Jersey Shore, and Coney Island. People can stop being ungrateful and childish now, thanks.

This is getting out of hand. Both inverts are clones, i.e. not unique, not everybody thinks Intamin first gens are the greatest thing since sliced bread (and they are in fact outdated in every meaning of the word), and we're talking about Dorney, not other parks. People are allowed to have whatever opinion they want, the insults are not called for.

Personally I think Dorney does deserve better. Have you seen the area around Demon Drop? It's gorgeous! They generally do a really good job with landscaping and upkeep, so I'd like to see them get something original and special. But that doesn't mean I'm not plenty thankful for what they do have. Possessed is actually a great ride, I enjoy it every time I go. Hydra seriously needs some TLC though.

Am I the only one who though Hydra was in great shape this summer?

Just because this park doesn't have the best coaster line up doesn't mean you should bag on it. It's one of the cleanest, most picturesque park I've been too. Awesome landsaping, amazing ride collection and a great water park. One over average coaster will put this park back on the map.

Hydra is great, they'd do well to replace the foam on the restraints though. They're chewed up and look like they're molding inside.

THIS!!!! I about vomit every time I ride the ride from those nasty smelling/looking restraints and seats. On a hot day, those restraints rank like no other.

As for the waterpark, IMO its not very enjoyable as it stands as it becomes too crowded. I personally don't find water slides thrilling, but they can be enjoyable if you are not waiting 45 minutes to spend 20 seconds on 1 slide. The other alternative is go to the wave pool and then have to be kicked out because a baby pooped in the pool. Or, you can ride the lazy river for 1 time around while young kids knock you in the head fooling around in it.

As for Snake Pit, our water park upgrade, they took out Riptide Run, a much higher capacity (albeit less thrilling) attraction to put it in at a cost $8 million (almost the price of a new wooden roller coaster!). On a weekday, I waited 30 minutes just to go down Snake Pit's free-fall slide not too long after the water park opened. To go on it, mid day on a weekend, you are looking at over an hour wait without Fast Pass.

From my point of view, since the parts are connected, the water park should stick with rides that can move capacity. Save the real thrills for the theme park.

Also, how can you consider Stinger a ride at this point. It's been broken down for nearly the WHOLE season - and the lucky few that got to ride before it broke down it basically say it leaves little to be desired. Giving us a below mediocre coaster to "hold us over" plain and simply, sucks! It's more of a inanimate reminder of something we didn't get at this point.

Possessed was a nice addition as its a fun ride that the general consensus enjoys, but that was over 6 years ago it opened. It's our time for a NEW coaster. Let us enjoy the moment and speculation!

Also, how can you consider Stinger a ride at this point. It's been broken down for nearly the WHOLE season - and the lucky few that got to ride before it broke down it basically say it leaves little to be desired.

The people that didn't get to ride it are the "lucky" ones.

I just rode hydra this weekend and the trains look like they had brand new restraints and seats. Rode nice.

Hydra has 1 train with brand new restraints and seats, and one with old, and very ugly/moldy seats and restraints. Those will most likely be replaced this winter. Also, as a ride, here's my opinion. I find Hydra to be smoother than Bizzaro at Sfga but its more of a boring ride than Bizzaro as well. That's my opinion.