TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Here's some video I took today! Not full speed yet, but still looking really great! Also bonus clip of the cheetah cub who nearly as tiny as I thought! He's about the size of a full grown house cat.

It's already going MUCH faster now. I'd be happy if that was the extent. There looks like there is some nice floater airtime on the skyride jump. Can't wait to see how much faster it will be when opening happens!

Thanks for the new video!

Here's some video I took today! Not full speed yet, but still looking really great! Also bonus clip of the cheetah cub who nearly as tiny as I thought! He's about the size of a full grown house cat.

This ride looks really interesting! I've been watching it being built both in person and online. I was worried about the "new Intamin trademark" quick direction change with the trains (a la Maverick) on this one, but it seems much smoother. I know these are slower speeds for testing, but the transitions look comfortable. I can't wait.

^ I don't know, personally I found the quick transitions Intamin used on Maverick to be the coolest part of the ride. I had never felt anything like them on a roller coaster before (or since). The only problem with them is the head/neck chopping, but if you brace for them, you can avoid most discomfort (or at least I did).

As for Cheetah Hunt, I don't think it's meant to be another "Maverick." It looks to be focused a lot more on fun and speed instead of straight up thrills and intensity. Needless to say, I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

^ I don't know, personally I found the quick transitions Intamin used on Maverick to be the coolest part of the ride.

This. I can not agree more. I see the "twisties" on Maverick, iSpeed, and I305, and it sets high hopes for what looks like similar ones on Cheetah Hunt.

I have to agree about Maverick but I dont see any turns as abrubt as those are. Cheetah Hunt wont be nearly as agressive as Maverick. I think we got a ride that will be fun and very re-rideable but not that agressive.

Thanks for the testing video there wasn't any new stuff coming out and then you saved the day. The first half of the ride looks basically up to speed to me, maybe a touch faster. The third launch looks pretty slow right now, I hope it gets bumped up quite a bit.

^ I don't know, personally I found the quick transitions Intamin used on Maverick to be the coolest part of the ride. I had never felt anything like them on a roller coaster before (or since). The only problem with them is the head/neck chopping, but if you brace for them, you can avoid most discomfort (or at least I did).

As for Cheetah Hunt, I don't think it's meant to be another "Maverick." It looks to be focused a lot more on fun and speed instead of straight up thrills and intensity. Needless to say, I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

I understand what you're saying, but I like to ride with my arms up, and let my body get tossed by the ride. Unless you brace for Maverick your neck will be black and blue in no time. The softer restraints on 305 helped, but still not a fan of this new Intamin element of their rides lately. In any event, I'm anxious to ride this one and see.

^ I can see Robb's censor machine is still working! Also, the link doesn't work.

Edit: Do you mean this link: http://tinyurl.com/3grtles (Put into TinyURL because the censor machine would get to the actual link and mess it up.)

HD Video: http://tinyurl.com/3l6atjz

Edited by Midgetman82

I hope it's just the testing, but it's definitely crawling through that first turn. I doesn't look nearly as intense and quick as Maverick is, transition-wise in the track. It looks kinda drawn out almost. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this will be a "moderate thrill" on the scale of thrill.

I hope it's just the testing, but it's definitely crawling through that first turn. I doesn't look nearly as intense and quick as Maverick is, transition-wise in the track. It looks kinda drawn out almost. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this will be a "moderate thrill" on the scale of thrill.

If you look at how far banked the first turn is, I don't think they're planning on launching it too much faster. I'd expect to see a small speed increase, but not by much. We'll just have to wait and see...

I think everyone is aware of the final launch speeds, although I swear I heard Mark Rose say the first and third launches were 38 and 48 MPH. I understand that 30, 40 60 was the only thing ever stated in writing and I am sure that will be correct. Others who are commenting on the speed are wondering how fast it is running in this stage of testing not what the top speed will be.

Please keep in mind that the 30mph launch is only for the first turn around the hill. Before you know it, your already in the second launch. If anything, I'd think it would awesome to feel two different times of acceleration so close to each other. I'd also like to add the the section following the 60mph launch is the longest of them all.

Another thing, the 40mph launch is before the last 15 seconds (or less) if track. It's just gravy on the mashed potatoes at that point. lol