TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Does anyone know what the small "disk" pieces of metal are on the backbone? I cannot see them in any photos of Raptor on RCDB, does this mean we are getting another "Sand-Filled" B&M and not getting the glorious B&M Roar?

I would very much expect the ride to be sand filled just to keep the neighbors happy. We as enthusiasts do love the B&M roar but im pretty sure if I lived close enough and heard it every day it would do my head in regardless.

Track up! Courtesy of ThorpeNerd http://live.thorpenerd.com/

Does anyone know what the small "disk" pieces of metal are on the backbone? I cannot see them in any photos of Raptor on RCDB, does this mean we are getting another "Sand-Filled" B&M and not getting the glorious B&M Roar?

I was just thinking the same thing when I saw this picture.

Stealth was sand filled and this is on the same side of the park so I assume it will be too. I *think* all of Thorpe's coasters are but I'm not sure about Colossus, anyone know?

Didn't even know Intamins could be sand filled. I thought this process was reserved to B&M's box track only. But I think I heard filling the COLUMNS also decrease the noise level quite a bit. Hydra, Talon, maybe Duelling Dragons, are some examples that come to mind

The disks are there to cover the holes they drilled in to pour the sand in to the track.

I think everyone already had that figured out...

Dragon Khan, sorry I should have been more clear. The supports on stealth are sand filled

Right. Cheeky trip to Thorpe on Thursday. Arrived at just after 3pm, to a dead park. As expected. After nomming McDonalds Drive-Thru, we found just how dead the park was. There were NO queues, and it got even quieter as the evening went on.

Overall, I was really impressed with the park. Operations were really smooth, staff were friendly and the mazes were good. The one thing I will say is that the problem with visiting on 'dead' days is that no atmosphere is created. I think this is a key component of the Fright Nights experience and was severley lacking on Thursday. This is not the parks fault, just something that happened. Furthermore, I HATE the new PA system for the Aslyum. The H&S briefing cuts into the music, totally killing one of the best atmospheres in the park, I used to love queuing in that last cattle pen, watching the groups head up to the platform, but oh well.

Now for the new Maze E-10. Totally caught offguard. Thought It was gonna be the standard maze experience, but for those of you that have been on it you will know this is defo not the case! First time, I was seriously scared, more than any scare attraction before. It is simply world class from Thorpe, the real gem of Fright Nights. This is without a doubt one of the best things Thorpe have done. After a couple more goes, the experience was not the same. But as a first go, it really is fantastic, great job from the Park.

Will defo be heading back to the park, where hopefully there will be more atmosphere.

Media from the visit:

@themightyjack: Lucky you! We had a crowded park at wednesday! 60min waiting time for colossus, saw, stealth and 30min for nemesis inferno ! But the fastrack-passes were worth the money

Would anyone agree with me, that 'Saw:The Ride' is rough? It gave me really bad headache (Don't know how it was during the opening years and it was my first euro-fighter, but i was shocked how my head got smashed)

@Lamoure Saw: The Ride was pretty smooth during its opening year, just a small amount of headbanging. I haven't been since...

@Schotcher: Most aren't sand filled, particularly in the USA. It is normally for sound reasons, I mean, what is the point of filling a big coaster with sand when you needn't? It tends to be in Europe: Daemonen, Air and Nemesis Inferno are filled with sand, where noise is a big issue.

The disks are there to cover the holes they drilled in to pour the sand in to the track.

I think everyone already had that figured out...

No,I was answering andyuk's quesion..

Plenty of pictures from mania hub at the moment. We will have an update from Fright Nights and a Swarm construction update tonight, might upload a few of our pics here, if you ask nicely .