TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New 2010 rollercoaster for Six Flags La Ronde?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how little attention La Ronde has received since Goliath was built, I'm happy to see them getting an addition, even if it is another Mind Eraser SLC. Personally, if this one rides anything like the one at Six Flags New England, I could be more than content--especially if this ride received the new Vekoma SLC trains that Nor'Easter received not too long ago.

I truly enjoyed my visit to La Ronde, and while I don't feel that it has an incredibly strong lineup of attractions (save for Le Vampire and Goliath), I have always viewed it as one of my favorite Six Flags parks and would be more than pleased to see this park get some serious attention in the near future.

The coaster is being installed due to a public agreement between the city of Montreal and Six Flags. The city of Montreal owns the park, Six Flags manages the park. However, to maintain the terms of the contract, Six Flags must make a minimum investment of $1 million in the park per year. I'm trying to find the contract online...I saw a copy of it posted a few years ago online.

Basically...Six Flags is putting up the coaster primarily to satisfy the terms of the contract. But, I think Six Flags is making all the right moves lately, re-theming and improving rides and coasters and marketing them as new, and now, in this case, taking an unused coaster that was sitting in a field at Great Escape since 2005, refurbishing it, and installing it as the new best-themed attraction at LaRonde.

Now, we all just have to be left to wonder whether anything will be removed or not. I think it's likely...maybe not Le Vampire, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cobra or one of the other coasters will be removed and "traded" elsewhere.

^

No... Six flags bought La Ronde from the city in Montreal. The park was supposed to invest 90 millions dollars in the first 5 years but they didn't and the city doesn't care at all since the city is facing more important issues. Only the land where La Ronde is located is still the property of Montreal but after 100 years after 2001, the land will be given to Six Flags.All rides and buildings are the property of Six Flags right now, only the land is not.

^

No... Six flags bought La Ronde from the city in Montreal. The park was supposed to invest 90 millions dollars in the first 5 years but they didn't and the city doesn't care at all since the city is facing more important issues. Only the land where La Ronde is located is still the property of Montreal but after 100 years after 2001, the land will be given to Six Flags.All rides and buildings are the property of Six Flags right now, only the land is not.

So... let me get this straight...Six Flags doesn't hold there end of the bargain, yet operates the park...Montreal doesn't give two sh!ts because the city faces "other problems", yet New Orlens tried to sue Six Flags for a park that sat submerged in water for 3 years and in a city that was destroyed and still in a rebuilding phase? What is this...Bizarro World?

Ray Nagin, you are officially The number one "Douche of the 21st Century", for making the French look sensible.

They're douches for trying to hold them to the lease agreement they signed? Montreal doesn't have a loan to pay back on the park like New Orleans does nor is the park destroyed and Six Flags had been making investments in it even though they may not total what was in the lease agreement.

New Orleans on the other hand owed $15.2 million for a federal loan which was supposed to be half paid by Six Flags in payments of around $2.4 million per year. Also Six Flags received $11.5 million in insurance proceeds so far, which they pocketed, they made a revenue of $22 million, $18.1 million, and $15 million over the years they operated the park. Not to mention they used the park as a giant salvage yard over the years and removed Batman: The Ride, which was supposed to become property of the city as per the lease agreement.

They're not douches but rather morons because they got royally screwed and Six Flags came out ahead on the deal. Whenever a city government has financial interests in something I as a citizen would expect them to diligently manage their business because it's people's tax dollars that are at stake. They'll be lucky to get the $3 million they are trying to settle for and that will likely be less than the amount of the backed lease payments Six Flags owes.

I just hate how people say New Orleans is being greedy when Six Flags is the one who came out ahead. Just because there is so many other pressing issues at hand they should be ripped off by anyone they do business with?

Anyway this is going to be really strange to see if they really do end up with an SLC and a BTR. Maybe it will make people appreciate le Vampire more now that they can see how bad the SLC is.