TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

They said it is going between the wave pool and Big Laguna. Not sure where this idea of it being on the other side of the park is coming from

I assume he means waterpark but the statement still doesnt make sense.

thumb_screenshot_20191123-130333_chrome.jpg.348694cfe07a5213bc62ffbb345d63b7.jpg

It's a reference to the ProSlide Tornado that's on the other side of the wavepool and has long lines. This is effectively the same slide as that and will hopefully alleviate some of the Tornado's wait times.

But, yeah, the "each side of the park" line was a poor choice of words. Should have said "each side of the wavepool".

Ever since PARC they've kind of leaned into the marketing idea that the water park and the theme park are two entities in one. PARC originally even wanted to have separate or joint admission which is why they built the extra entrance gate never used that was later replaced by Ripcurl Racer.

Ever since PARC they've kind of leaned into the marketing idea that the water park and the theme park are two entities in one. PARC originally even wanted to have separate or joint admission which is why they built the extra entrance gate never used that was later replaced by Ripcurl Racer.

They did briefly use it for 1 season when they charged separate entry for the watermark. 2010 i believe.

• 1 month later...

I remember reading a little while back that the Mind Eraser trains reached the end of their service life. If this is true, and they are not getting new trains, then how is the park going to operate Mind Eraser? Or are they getting new trains after all? Or was the claim that the old trains reached the end of their service life false?

• 3 weeks later...

Oh internet... You see a crane (not even very close to Tantrum it would seem) and you over react.

Ripping out something you already paid for that is still practically new would be stupid and the people who think it's happening aren't thinking.

Oh internet... You see a crane (not even very close to Tantrum it would seem) and you over react.

Ripping out something you already paid for that is still practically new would be stupid and the people who think it's happening aren't thinking.

Here’s the better part. They didn’t even see a crane. That’s an old photo from construction of Tantrum. At the time this “new photo” was posted around, it was just after a snowstorm, yet there’s zero snow in the photo. It’s 100% fake news.

Here’s the better part. They didn’t even see a crane. That’s an old photo from construction of Tantrum. At the time this “new photo” was posted around, it was just after a snowstorm, yet there’s zero snow in the photo. It’s 100% fake news.

Not to mention people in the photo, cars in the lot and tubes in the lazy river.

Kinda stupid is being kind. This is like saying CF had disputes with Intamin over Dragster, so now CF is going to remove Maverick, Millie and all other Intamin coasters in the chain. It makes less than zero sense. Most major industries do not work based on spite.

Kinda stupid is being kind. This is like saying CF had disputes with Intamin over Dragster, so now CF is going to remove Maverick, Millie and all other Intamin coasters in the chain. It makes less than zero sense. Most major industries do not work based on spite.

Very true. Of course they wouldn't.

I just thought to let you all know that Six Flags Darien Lake has posted their 2020 operating schedule. Opening day is scheduled for Friday, May 8th from 10am to 5pm. The full 2020 operating schedule can be viewed here.

[attachment=0]Sx Flags Darien Lake Operating Schedule May 2020.PNG[/attachment]

Amazing that their water park is opening a full week earlier than SFoG Hurricane Harbor.

• 2 weeks later...

For some off season entertainment, I may as well ask about this. If this has already been asked, my apologies, but my life is busy enough that I sometimes forget about those sort of things.

Anyways, so how likely is Six Flags to add a roller coaster to Six Flags Darien Lake within the next couple of years? Is it nearly impossible, or at least a little bit plausible? Also, is RMC Predator never happening?