TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I ilked the Wolf and was sorry to see it go, but I wouldn't call it one of my "favorites." I like what I'm seeing and hearing about Verbolten, and I'm glad the park is going for something unique, rather than something generic from a manufacturer's catalog. Then again, Busch has always preferred to build custom rides that suit the topography of the park.

Having chosen my college based upon BGW's location (My #1 is in there... couldn't be TOO far away from her!), I spent quite a few years with BBW (And DF, and LNM, and Izzy/Maus) and grew to love BBW and all that it had going for it. Nothing will ever truly be like BBW in the fog on a full moon (YES, the ride became posessed!) or the expressions of terror from first time front-seat riders on the second drop into the Rhine.

But if she had to go, at least we're getting a decent custom ride in it's place. I'm looking forward to Verbolten and all it has to offer, as it looks like as far as family coasters go to be a real winner.

(And I hope they pay tribute to BBW with either the 'howl' or something else interesting (BBW LAIR on a licence plate...)

R.D.

I guess some people like trying to kill people's sentimental feelings... BBW was a very good ride. Maybe not one of the best in the world; but none of us said this. Yes, to some of us, it was that great. I'm excited about Verbolten, don'tget me wrong, but I doubt any of us are ecstatic that BBW is closed. RIP BBW .

I guess some people like trying to kill people's sentimental feelings... BBW was a very good ride. Maybe not one of the best in the world; but none of us said this. Yes, to some of us, it was that great. I'm excited about Verbolten, don'tget me wrong, but I doubt any of us are ecstatic that BBW is closed. RIP BBW .

No one is trying to kill your sentimental feelings. There are enough people out there that miss the ride like you do. Don't let what someone says on the internet effect the way you feel about a coaster. You miss the ride, that's great. Others, not so much.

Next year is a big Year for Virginia! WOOT!

Wait... am I missing something? Other than Verbolten, why is 2012 such a big year for Va?

Windseeker at Kings Dominion.

The question is still relevant.

Oh, wait--Dinosaurs Alive!

Wait... am I missing something? Other than Verbolten, why is 2012 such a big year for Va?

I was hoping you knew about a secret Intamin prefab being constructed at an undisclosed location...

Oh, so they're introducing a new ride type to the United States! And introducing a new upcharge educational experience that's never been seen, either! Or maybe it's exciting for Virginia because the nearby SFA is getting a brand new, never before seen stand up coaster!

From what I have seen of Verbolten, it looks like it will be amazing and definitely better than Griffon, just because Griffon only has one drop that is good. Griffon to me just looks boring except for the first drop. Now, Apollo's seems more interesting and exciting. I just hope this ride doesn't fall short of the "Wow" factor.

Inside Tip - Hunted will not be returning anytime in the near future. Also, don't plan on seeing those hooks from last year from the chainsaw scare zone. Costumes and props were sold away. I don't think the French parade will ever return. Quiet a few Illuminights costumes are gone, I think there was a Clocktoberfest outfit as well as something from Giardino Magico.

***Sorry, I forgot my e-mail I used for my first account, so I had to make a new account. But I am back!***

From what I have seen of Verbolten, it looks like it will be amazing and definitely better than Griffon, just because Griffon only has one drop that is good. Griffon to me just looks boring except for the first drop. Now, Apollo's seems more interesting and exciting. I just hope this ride doesn't fall short of the "Wow" factor.

If you haven't been on Griffon yet, then you can't judge it. I've been on SheiKra and it's definitely one of the most thrilling coasters I've been on. That first drop is truly insane and it just remains intense throughout the whole ride. Apollo's Chariot is probably great too, but you can't say it's better than Griffon just from pictures and videos online.

There's a difference between "thrilling" and "forceless". I've only been on ShieKra, but from what I've experienced, ShieKra has one of the most "oh holy mother of @#$%" drops on any coaster, especially for a GP member. While it may not have forces, it is still thrilling with its immelman and large swooping turns and other manuevers.

I mean 200ft drop and being hung over the edge isn't thrilling? If that isn't I'm not sure what is.