TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 459: Pantheon opening on March 25!

^

- Hit all the rides early. Do rerides/see shows later (you may want to opt for the fastpass if it gets too busy or if you wanna get water rides in)

- Water rides get very long lines.

- Oktoberfest is gonna be crowded because of Mach Tower and Verbolten. Make those a priority if you can.

- Loch Ness Monster is a great warmup to the bigger rides.

- Griffon in front (or back), Alpengeist in front, Apollo in back, and Loch Ness Monster in the middle (a bit toward the back)

- Best spots to view fireworks (Mach Tower, Apollo's Chariot, Waveswinger , parking lot, area around Festhaus, Italy bridge, Griffon area).

- Discounts can be found in local supermarkets (Farm Fresh has coupons and bags with discounts on the back) as well as fast food joints surrounding the park. I believe there are also discounts on admission if you bring marked soda cans).

^They are operating Alpengeist and Mach Tower (as a drop tower).

Get a Santa-eye view of the 5 million twinkling lights at Busch Gardens’ Christmas Town from the park’s newest thrill ride, Mäch Tower. Riders are lifted 240 feet above Oktoberfest and dropped at breathtaking speed. Busch Gardens’ holiday celebration has never been so thrilling.

Clicky

Here's a link to Alpengeist

Clicky

^They are operating Alpengeist and Mach Tower (as a drop tower).

Get a Santa-eye view of the 5 million twinkling lights at Busch Gardens’ Christmas Town from the park’s newest thrill ride, Mäch Tower. Riders are lifted 240 feet above Oktoberfest and dropped at breathtaking speed. Busch Gardens’ holiday celebration has never been so thrilling.

Clicky

Here's a link to Alpengeist

Clicky

I'm certain that I will never experience Alpengeist in 30 degree temperatures..

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of hitting Christmas Town. The first Sunday in December (the 4th) is the "traditional" evening for the Grand Illumination in Colonial Williamsburg. So, you might want to factor that in if you're planning on attending both events. (GI Sunday actually might be a good night for Chirstmas Town as CW always draws a huge crowd for that event, which could mean ligher crowds at BGW.)

The Grand Illumination is also free to the public, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Edited by cfc

^Not completely true. There have been two cranes in the employee lot (as I noticed from Kingsmill and while passing the brewery) that make it look like they are transporting track to the site, and there is a crane looks like it definitely is at the Rhine spot (it is a little closer to the front of the park and a lot closer to Mach Tower than the other two at the building site - as I noted from taking the rt. 60 exit off of 64 today).

The park's closed until Christmastime, so I don't think we're going to see anything unless BGW posts pictures. It's hidden inside the park, and it's not like any part of it is going to be breaking the treeline.

The park opens next weekend!

It snuck up on me, too.

I'm planning to check out the progress on Verbolten during Christmas Town, too. I don't hold much hope of seeing much, but I did notice some big cranes peeking over the trees when I was in that part of town last weekend.