TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

Well maybe my QR app is wrong then, I did get a POV but now looking at the POV I saw it does look like a No Limits version created by a fan and not the park.

It also had a construction video and old videos of Illuminights.

Edit: Nevermind I hit related videos and thought they were the parks

And on that note: Anyone know how many signs there are? I think they're only 3? Or are there more? Cause how ever many signs there are, are probably how ever many weeks we'll have to wait before we get a full POV. Looks to me they're pulling a Viral like BGT did.

EDIT: And man, what a freaking short coaster. Even Griffon packs on an extra 300 feet more than Verbolten will.

Surprise elements, first of their kind in the US; I'm thinking the th13teen drop seems likely still.

If we're getting a 50+ mph launch into that 88 foot drop, and the top speed is still 53 mph, I guess there is going to be some sort of trims there.

Surprise elements, first of their kind in the US; I'm thinking the th13teen drop seems likely still.

If we're getting a 50+ mph launch into that 88 foot drop, and the top speed is still 53 mph, I guess there is going to be some sort of trims there.

I pray Zierer messed up on their speed calculations.

EDIT: Wait are you sure 53 isn't max speed for the launch?

Judging from the video I'd imagine we might see some drift type effect in the trains the way Italian Job was intended to be, unless IJ is considered the first. I would argue that since it never operated that way to the public. That's my two cents though.

As for the speed questioning, where was it suggested it would be traveling 53mph going into the drop? It could easily come into it at 10mph for all we know, maybe pausing slightly for sone type of theme effect before diving off the edge and not go over 53 at the bottom. I enjoy rides with a bit of mystery anyway. Makes the anticipation a lot stronger.

Edited by Zingoman

Judging from the video I'd imagine we might see some drift type effect in the trains the way Italian Job was intended to be, unless IJ is considered the first. I would argue that since it never operated that way to the public. That's my two cents though.

I never thought IJ was meant to be a drifting coaster. It would be cool if the cars could do this on Verbolten as it would add to 'car out of control' feeling.

^kings island has drift capable trains that never seemed to work properly so the bolted the cars in place. If you study the trains carefully you can see how it is designed to drift. The train built after the originals like at CW are static cassis and were never built to drift due to the failed attempt before.

I never thought IJ was meant to be a drifting coaster. It would be cool if the cars could do this on Verbolten as it would add to 'car out of control' feeling.

Look at those turns after the launch and the helix/drop (On italian job). Its almost as if they have "drift on me" written all over them!

Don't expect the second launch to be into the drop out the river, the second launch will be out of the event building. So you should not be suprised that the top speed is only 53mph. Also remember that Cheetah Hunt (wich people here seems to like) is only 7 miles faster, and that coaster has a 100 feet tower to climb, this one don't.

I haved no doubt that this will be an awsome addition to the park.

Don't expect the second launch to be into the drop out the river, the second launch will be out of the event building. So you should not be suprised that the top speed is only 53mph. Also remember that Cheetah Hunt (wich people here seems to like) is only 7 miles faster, and that coaster has a 100 feet tower to climb, this one don't.

Yes, that's what I assumed, but the exit from the launch building to the drop into the river is only a few hundred feet of straight track, according to the layout pictures.

Yes, that's what I assumed, but the exit from the launch building to the drop into the river is only a few hundred feet of straight track, according to the layout pictures.

I think that we just have to expect a trim brake before the drop