TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I'd rather have Loch Ness Monster three times before Griffon once. I don't care what anyone says, the view from the top of the drop down to the river is fantastic.

Getting back to the new ride...I think since it's themed around driving out in the Black Forest or whatever it's called and it's going to be in Oktoberfest Village...are we assuming that we are driving drunk out in the Forest after having too much beer at Oktoberfest? That sort of sounds like some theming to be found at Bon Bon Land. All you need is a dog farting at the end of the ride and you got a winner!

But seriously, since Busch Gardens is a family theme park I don't think they will theme this around driving home drunk from Oktoberfest.

Jimmy "Beer is good but not while driving" Bo

Is it just me or does it appear as if the "drop section" or whatever it turns out to be may also bank a bit? The ride envelope in one of the images appears offset compared to the level image beside it so I wonder if there is purpose in that. Also, does anybody have information on possible effects inside the building? It's looking a bit larger than even the blueprints make it appear so I wonder how many quality effects they can squeeze into there. Perhaps they will trim this section a bit to increase its duration as the coaster experience may take backseat to the ride effects.

I just thought of a cool feature they could add, but not in the event building, in the covered bridge! They could have maybe 1 or 2 tilt tracks, where the coaster banks to one side but then goes back to going straight to add that "unstable-about to collapse" kind of feel for the bridge. Tell me if you think that this is a good idea.

Trevor "Mr. Verbolten lover" Bondi

^I think their mentioning trick track? Maybe something like Shivering Timbers has... Idealealy though, I'd like to see the covered bridge with some new fangled technology like the drop track on Th13teeen.

Either way, cant wait for Verbolten. I've yet to go to BGW, but this might be the year (esspecially if I can save up for that TPR trip)

@ Trevs, Yeah what I meant to say was fit under the bridge top, but I just woke up and wasn't thinking right.

Maybe, but that would ruin the bridge, because either it would have to be a very wide bridge (Rider Envelope), or a bridge formed to what the track does (Which would look ugly.) I think it would've been cool to do like a heart line roll through the bridge but yeah, like that's going to happen.

My biggest criticism is the 48 inch height requirement, especially considering LNM and Mach Tower already cover the 48 inch requirement and BBW was a 42 inch ride. I really wish the park can figure out a way to lower the height requirement to 42 so that more kids can ride (i.e. extra seatbelt on the ride like the Waveswinger).
Crossbow at Bowcraft Playland which in my view is the same kind of model as Verbolten (Zierer ECS), and it allows for 42" children to come along with an adult, so it shouldn't really be a problem to do that, maybe they feel like it's going to be too "scary" for such young children to come along.

I'm also pretty sure that Wicked also have the same seating/restraint system and they allow from 46"...

So the restraints can easily cope with smaller children, so we have to wait and see if there might be a change until opening...

Wicked's Restraints are not the same as those on the ESC Trains. Additionally, Lagoon was able to get a Minimum 46" Height Requirement only because of the Booster Seats used for those under 50" Tall.