TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

The reason the reviews were meh is because it was so hyped up as the world's scarietst ride and when it turned out it was an Intamin mine train and the drop wasn't huge everyone was well... meh... We know that this is geared more towards families than Cheetaka, so hopefully the reviews will be a bit less meh and a bit more yeh...

BGWFans.com has posted this on their website.

**It has come to my attention that the images posted earlier on this site are not only accurate representations, but were also meant to be confidential. This came to my attention when I saw an image I had seen, but with a watermark where the images I had received had none. The source of the images is unknown to me, nor was it clear until this point that the information was truly accurate. Upon learning this I removed all of the images from the site and I urge anyone that has obtained the images to destroy them or at the very least, refrain from sharing them with anyone. This is a proactive action as no action has been requested by the park or parent company. Your understanding of this situation is appreciated, should you have any questions, feel free to contact me.**

Let the speculating continue...

In a way I am more excited that it is Zierer than Intamin, I'm guessing it will be something very fresh and very new, a different experience. One thing I've noticed on TPR is that coaster enthusiasts don't tend to do best coaster but best B&M and Intamin etc. This would be hard to do to create a better Intamin than a Mega Lite for example. But I think it can be agreed that this will be the best Zierer (well the only other big coaster they have done is Wicked).

I think this picture (if turns out to be correct) proves the vertical drop sequence (like Thirteen) but on a much larger scale (I'd say it looks about 50 feet). I hope the sequence goes something like this: Into house, drop, launched back up, launched foreward over that hill (AIRTIME)...

If I recall correctly from the sketches posted earlier, it looks as if the indoor section had the Th13teen Style Drop...

Or maybe even in both places! Anyway, no matter what, this is shaping up to be a fantastic ride!

BGWFans.com has posted this on their website.
**It has come to my attention that the images posted earlier on this site are not only accurate representations, but were also meant to be confidential. This came to my attention when I saw an image I had seen, but with a watermark where the images I had received had none. The source of the images is unknown to me, nor was it clear until this point that the information was truly accurate. Upon learning this I removed all of the images from the site and I urge anyone that has obtained the images to destroy them or at the very least, refrain from sharing them with anyone. This is a proactive action as no action has been requested by the park or parent company. Your understanding of this situation is appreciated, should you have any questions, feel free to contact me.**

Let the speculating continue...

Oh boy...

I've just acquired this sketch from an anonymous source. It apparently will have loops!

Please DO NOT re-post this anywhere. I would not want a detention handed out.

MOD EDIT: THE UNOFFICIAL FAN CLUB FOR TPR'S LEGAL DEPARTMENT HAS ADVISED THAT YOUR SKETCH NEEDS TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY! PEOPLE COULD GET IN TROUBLE OVER THIS LEAK!

Edited by larrygator

^Dude, the Internet police are gonna show up at your house soon. Better get a head start!

I don't know if I've said it before, but I think this looks REALLY interesting. Definitely could be one of the best coasters of 2012 - if not, at least the most intriguing - and could really help to prove Zierer to some big-name parks out there!

^^^ God... BGW have invested in the Euthanasia coaster, glad to see a custom layout mind you!

Another thing:

In 2012, Busch Gardens will deliver a world-class coaster experience like nothing before. Set in the re-envisioned Oktoberfest section of the park, this sleek launch coaster design utilizes electromagnetic technology to propel riders through a high-speed thrill packed with twists, turns and plunges. This new coaster will feature many “firsts” when it debuts in the spring of 2012.

What will the many firsts be? I can't think of many world firsts, and I seriously hope it doesn't have the same world's first element as SW7 at Alton Towers; that would really mess things up.

Finally, do we know why the chose Moser's Rides over Intamin, Fabbri or S&S. I hope it isn't due to cost. I really do hope we see a trend of BGW investing in smaller companies to bring benefits to everyone: companies get publicity, BGW gets new rides more cheaply...

I've just acquired this sketch from an anonymous source. It apparently will have loops!

Please DO NOT re-post this anywhere. I would not want a detention handed out.

MOD EDIT: THE UNOFFICIAL FAN CLUB FOR TPR'S LEGAL DEPARTMENT HAS ADVISED THAT YOUR SKETCH NEEDS TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY! PEOPLE COULD GET IN TROUBLE OVER THIS LEAK!

Best Mod Edit Ever.

Sorry guys - Per request of BGW, all the leaked concept art was removed. On a plus side, I got word today that there would be some bonus surprises for our upcoming BGW event! More details to be released on that soon!

In 2012, Busch Gardens will deliver a world-class coaster experience like nothing before. Set in the re-envisioned Oktoberfest section of the park, this sleek launch coaster design utilizes electromagnetic technology to propel riders through a high-speed thrill packed with twists, turns and plunges. This new coaster will feature many “firsts” when it debuts in the spring of 2012.

What will the many firsts be? I can't think of many world firsts, and I seriously hope it doesn't have the same world's first element as SW7 at Alton Towers; that would really mess things up.

Busch Gardens claims it will feature many "firsts" not "seconds"

I respect the decision to remove the concept art, it's important in keeping good relations with the parks we visit.

If there's one thing I learned about wanting all the juicy tidbits of a yet to be built coaster, its save the concept art on your hard drive before it vanishes. In looking at what's inside the show building I can't wait to ride it next year, looks like it will have some nice theming elements.

Go Zierer! I would love if they bought a "star shape" flat ride from them sometime, Busch would theme one of those up nicely.

Busch Gardens claims it will feature many "firsts" not "seconds"

No, what I mean is that both parks will be keeping their "firsts" a secret... What I am saying is that I hope they will come up with different "firsts", and that they won't coincide.

Thank you Screamscape, with the help of BGWceilingfans.

You mean BGW is putting in a new car/autobahn-themed coaster made by Zierereriereriereiier that goes through a forest-themed building and ends with a dramatic covered bridge drop in the same spot as BBW's former finale?

You mean BGW is putting in a new car/autobahn-themed coaster made by Zierereriereriereiier that goes through a forest-themed building and ends with a dramatic covered bridge drop in the same spot as BBW's former finale?

I sure hope you stumbled upon that with a google search and not because you knew that episode existed.

I know you are married and all, but you are supposed to black that stuff out!

Edited by ernierocker

I sure hope you stumbled upon that with a google search and not because you knew that episode existed.

I know you are married and all, but you are supposed to black that stuff out!

It's just one line that has always stuck with me. It's one of our favorites.

That is outstanding!

can anyone else confirm/deny screamscape being up? i've tried in IE, FF, and on my droid and am gettin nothin

It is not working for me either.

Also, could you please reread the site's TOS that you agreed to upon signing up. Especially Rule #9.

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

Thanks!

-Eric (Site Moderator)