TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^^^ They probably could, the corkscrew-ish roll on Hades 360 seems rather similar to Drachen's Drop. Just have the roll continue into a swooping GCI Drop and Viola! You have a Drachen-esque first drop on a wooden coaster.

Drachenfirewood.

Thank you guys; we should team up... Help me propose this idea to BGW and consult with the woodie manufactuers to bring this to life. Glad you get a sense of my vision. I too believe it's possible... Hades 360 roll looks like a giant corkscrew vs a zero G. The element doesnt seem centered around the body to produce zero G. Additionally notice how the Hades 360 inversion is more drawn out to minimze the G force. So I envision the same would be the case for a similar element on this wooden concept of mine... that roll into a GCI-esque curving drop. From there's I'd prefer the more GCI type of crazy cross overs, twists, and turns... since BGWs coasters all have sort of that out-and-back feel to them... I'd keep this one twisted/compact/ but still provide a decent ride time. (Now I need to summon the expertise of a No Limits wizard).

Luv Drachen Fire-wood lol...

BGW always goes with mythical creatures sometimes, so if the Spain rumor is true we'd need some sort of Spanish Dragon name. El Fuego? Fuego del Drachen? Diablo?

Culebre: In Cantabrian (northern Spain) folklore, it is a dragon-like creature, or a snake with two bat-like wings, that exhales fire and sulfur.

Caballucos del diablo: "Devil's small horses". In Cantabria (northern Spain), it is told that those creatures appear with a terrific cry at Saint John's Eve, amongst fire and smoke

You could pay homage to Drachen Fire by having a twisted airtime hill into a sweeping left-hand turn drop. I really don't think that any of this "wooden coaster with inversions" stuff is really necessary.

I would seriously love to see something like Thunderhead or Wodan back there, or in the space across the river.

• 2 weeks later...
And the suspense is over . . . congratulations to the winner!

WINNER ANNOUNCED FOR BUSCH GARDENS’ LANDSCAPING GIVEAWAY

Busch Gardens Landscaping Pros Headed to North Carolina

WILLIAMSBURG (March 25, 2013) – Busch Gardens® landscaping experts are hitting the road to bring the awe-inspiring beauty of the park to North Carolina. Busch Gardens announced Tammy Bennett from Washington, N.C., the winner of the first-ever Busch Gardens’ Landscaping Giveaway. Bennett’s prize is a yard landscaping package that includes consultation services from Busch Gardens’ horticultural professionals, landscaping and gardening supplies and landscaping installation.

“I am so excited and cannot wait for them to get started. Busch Gardens has the most beautiful flowers and gardens. Every time we go, I wish my yard would look like that,” said Bennett after learning she won the landscaping giveaway.

Busch Gardens announced the giveaway in early March via its Facebook page - facebook.com/buschgardens. Entries poured in from the Southern and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Participants submitted a photo of their home and a story about why they deserved to win the Busch Gardens’ Landscaping Giveaway. After reviewing hundreds of submissions, Busch Gardens narrowed the landscaping giveaway submissions down to 20 finalists. According to Bennett’s submission, she purchased her dream home right after receiving a kidney transplant; her husband was her kidney donor. The Bennett family hoped to fix up their home right after purchasing it, but due to medical and financial hardships they had to put their dream on hold.

“We have been living here 6 1/2 years, this house was in foreclosure and it was a mess. There were trees and bushes growing into the side of our house and into the attic, we had to rip them all down. The lawn had not been mowed in a year, so it was pretty much knee high and mostly weeds. With all the money we spent on the inside of the house, we just never could afford to do the outside or any landscaping projects,” said Bennett.

After announcing the finalists, Busch Gardens invited its Facebook fans to cast their vote for their favorite finalist. Bennett received more than half of the 43,000 votes cast for the giveaway. Later this spring, the Busch Gardens team will visit the Bennett home to install the landscaping.

For 22 consecutive years Busch Gardens has won the “Most Beautiful Park” award from the National Amusement Park Historical Association.

BGW's Facebook just posted video of the transformation. They did a great job!

I would love to do something like that for my Mom's yard. She love flowers and gardening but being poor, and not being in the best health, she cant have as much as she would like.

Hi,

we are a German family of three and will visit BGW next Saturday (5/11). We all have a BGW platinum pass, thus each of us get one free ticket for the park in May.

Who is interested in visiting BGW next Saturday - for free? We would like to tour the park with you, if you are willing to take turns when riding the big coasters. Our daughter's size is 46", which means she can only do the small rides. Thus, we have to do parent swap. Moreover, you have to be patient with us, because we are not native speakers

We will stay in a hotel in Richmond. We can meet in RIC or in Williamsburg, whichever is more suitable for you. Please PM me ASAP, because we will leave Germany on Wednesday. (It is also okay, if you are a party of two.)

BTW: if you are interested in touring KD with us the day before (Friday, 5/11), drop a PM.

Haha! That food looks amazing! I really hope the Scottish Eggs catch on! I'm not a big breakfast person, but the Scottish Eggs are perfect. I would love to be able to walk in a local McDonalds and pick one up! I also have to try the Schnitzelwich!

^ With two days at each park you should get multiple rides at BG of all the rides. Went in August last year and had no problem getting re-rides the one day we were there. At KD got every coaster minus ricochet in one day. I recommend getting FL+ for volcano that line was painfully slow but is a fun ride.

^This could be because they already have the big Italian restaurant there.

I have no problem with lots of Italian desserts, though.

Edited by cfc

• 2 weeks later...

As long as you don't touch July 4th weekend, crowds should be manaegable for most of the month. July 4th weekend crowds have a habit of getting pretty nasty come fireworks time. I'd recommend going later in the month when the temps start heating up since 90+ degree temps generally keep people away from parks.