TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

Actually, Alpengeist is considered to be in New France. After all they open up the coaster before opening Rhinefeld, Germany. Now if they used the bridge as the border, it would work out better. Sadly, they don't. New France needs to go and we need a get a new country to replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I hate having Spain as an idea. I think if they were to do Spain it would relate to Mexico too much. I would love to see Switzerland or even Holland/Netherlands.

I agree with Switzerland. I think it would be cool because Alpengeist is made by B&M, which is based in Switzerland. I do think Spain also should be made.

Big Bad Wolf was removed for a reason. Arrow is out of business, which means that there is no way to get spare parts for Suspended coasters without having them made custom. The park really couldn't care less about what we think of them removing a ride. They're only concerned about making money. Big Bad Wolf had obviously become a money-loser for the park, or else they wouldn't have removed it.

It was operating for just over twenty-five years. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Point removed Iron Dragon in 2012 (25 years from 1987). Six Flags Magic Mountain can afford to keep Ninja running because they have 14 cars' worth of spare parts to use (XLR8).

AND ANOTHER THING...I'm very curious as to why Big Bad Wolf has such "charm". It didn't even fit the Oktoberfest theme. Aesop's Fables were French, and the Three Little Pigs was written in London. The theming flew by so fast during the ride that a member of the general public wouldn't even notice!

Verbolten looks like an absolutely fantastic successor that fits the area around it well, uses the same ravine, and will most likely be a true experience as opposed to just a mere roller coaster like Big Bad Wolf was.

Quite frankly, I can't wait for this ride.

Whoever would rather have clunky old Big Bad Wolf than Verbolten seriously needs to move on, IMO.

Edited by A.J.

I'm really looking forward to Verbolten, the 130 foot drop over the Rhine, sounds better than AC's first drop. I just sure hope there will be good floater air all the way down, and if there were lights on the bridge, it would be amazing to ride at night.

AND ANOTHER THING...I'm very curious as to why Big Bad Wolf has such "charm". It didn't even fit the Oktoberfest theme. Aesop's Fables were French, and the Three Little Pigs was written in London. The theming flew by so fast during the ride that a member of the general public wouldn't even notice!

My mind read this part of the post in Comic Book Guy's voice.

I the 130 foot drop over the Rhine, sounds better than AC's first drop

That sound you just heard was me laughing.

If it's going fast enough (Verbolten) over the rhine drop, it'll have some wicked air. ACs air varies a lot.

Edited by Schotcher

I can tell you right now, the line for Drop Tower does NOT move as fast as the Mach Tower line did yesterday. Not only do they load half of Drop Tower, they also take nearly five minutes per cycle. You spend more time sitting in the ride on the ground waiting on them to FINALLY finish checking restraints than you do actually riding the ride!

this is true.........drop tower ride attendants take forrrrrrevvvvvverrrr

the 130 foot drop over the Rhine, sounds better than AC's first drop. I just sure hope there will be good floater air all the way down, and if there were lights on the bridge, it would be amazing to ride at night.

great point. it'd be even better if the ride was mostly in the woods/darkness, except for the bridge being lighted. that'd look sweet

While I do agree that "Verbolten" may have some air on the bridge drop down to the Rhine, I highly doubt that the family attraction filling the void of BBW's demise is going to have better air than the B&M hyper across the river.

Just because it's a family coaster doesn't mean it won't have air. It just means it won't be very intense and the height requirement is about 48". And we really never know, Zierer hasn't really provided a lot of coasters with large drops, so we don't really know what we might get. Airtime doesn't necessarily depend on the manufacturer, it also depends on what the park wants.

EDIT: Well it does matter on the manufacturer, (B&M: Floater, Intamin: Ejector) but they could change that if they really wanted to.

Edited by Schotcher

Big Bad Wolf was removed for a reason. Arrow is out of business, which means that there is no way to get spare parts for Suspended coasters without having them made custom. The park really couldn't care less about what we think of them removing a ride. They're only concerned about making money. Big Bad Wolf had obviously become a money-loser for the park, or else they wouldn't have removed it.

It was operating for just over twenty-five years. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Cedar Point removed Iron Dragon in 2012 (25 years from 1987). Six Flags Magic Mountain can afford to keep Ninja running because they have 14 cars' worth of spare parts to use (XLR8).

Verbolten looks like an absolutely fantastic successor that fits the area around it well, uses the same ravine, and will most likely be a true experience as opposed to just a mere roller coaster like Big Bad Wolf was.

Whoever would rather have clunky old Big Bad Wolf than Verbolten seriously needs to move on, IMO.

I'm aware of how the "remove the aging attraction scenario works." I'm more so sad I didn't "get the credit."

While I do agree that "Verbolten" may have some air on the bridge drop down to the Rhine, I highly doubt that the family attraction filling the void of BBW's demise is going to have better air than the B&M hyper across the river.

The same family attraction with multiple launches and a drop in the dark and a trip through the Black Forest? Airtime is the least of these families' worries.

The same family attraction with multiple launches and a drop in the dark and a trip through the Black Forest? Airtime is the least of these families' worries.

I just have to laugh out loud! I think the air time will be the least intense thing on this ride. Especially if the event building is filled with a ton of great effects that won't stop being used after a few years. Such as Loch Ness's cave and the misters by the bottom of Big Bad Wolf's drop. I'd actually like to see these effects last for a long time.

Anyway, Mach Tower only opens separately because it is their newest attraction. I would give it a year or two and it will open with the rest of Oktoberfest. I think a Switzerland idea would work best to replace New France. Maybe some one should let the park know that is what they really need.

AJ used Rage, Its Super Effective!

I guess its charm came from it being such a good family coaster. Its a great transition from that to say AC or Griffion or even Alpie.

I got a thing in the mail today from Busch Gardens inviting me to Pass Member Appreciation Weekend (9/17-18) stating that the first 1500 pass members at Festhaus by 10:30 AM Saturday will get the announcement of 2012 and Howl-O-Scream. Plus a chance to win an iPad, iPod, and other things. Sounds pretty awesome.