TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Im in need of help. Like always, I triple save everything so that if something happens to one, I have the other two to use... However, I just did a parkdat into one of them. And all three saved games went to the saved game that I pulled stuff from... I used my Six Flags Belgium 1 saved file to pull the names of what I was in need of from it, then switched to my Design Park 4.1 file. (There is a Design Park 4.2 and 4.3 as well) This is what I normally do when Im parkdat-ing but this time it saved over all three of my files... Is there anything I can do or anything that someone might be able to do... I would be losing almost four days worth of work if there is nothing that can be done... That is way I triple save... Thanks for the help. Joel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I'm in need of someone who will merge a track for me. Also, quick question. Can you run multiple (3) trains on a merged track and with hacked trains? PM me if intrested.

Another question. How hard is it to change a train design ingame? Like a CTR for RCT2? I'm making an Expedition Everest nockoff but I'm using dmaxba's mine train on the original mine train track. I would like to make a train off Everest's trains but I don't know the way to do that.

Thanks!

I have downloaded a lot of custom scenery and rides, but no matter what I do, copy and paste or extract them to the Objdata folder, they DO NOT show up in the game! The only way I can get them there is if I download someone's scenario that has those objects/rides, so it will be installed into the game when I load the scenario. Any ideas what's wrong? I have Windows Vista if that makes a difference.

I just installed RCT2 on my Windows 7 laptop and downloaded a bunch of custom scenery.

The problem is I can't seem to find the Obj Data folder to put it in as it doesn't even seem to exist. Does anyone know if there is another folder that would work or where the heck it even is? lol

Thanks!

--James

• 2 weeks later...
^

It was under Atari... weird. lol

But thanks, it was indeed in that Program Files (X86)

--James

It's in the Atari folder if you have the Triple Thrill Pack.

Is it possible for me to insert a new a ride type into a custom game scenario after it has already been made?

I have the same question, so can someone answer for the sake of 2 people.

I have a single section of station track that can't be right clicked that needs to be deleted. It's showing up in the layout despite it not being connected to anything. Any ideas on what I should do?

I think I've experienced the same thing before and it can cause some error and possibly delete saved files if not taken care of. If I recall correctly, try creating track that would connect with the piece, change the track piece so that it is the same as the all-white "ghost" track, build it then another piece, and then delete until you are where you want to be.

Is it possible for me to insert a new a ride type into a custom game scenario after it has already been made?

I have the same question, so can someone answer for the sake of 2 people.

ParkDat will let you replace dat files. It's nice because it shows you what items you are already using in game and all the free slots you have.

Edited by traincrossin