TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

theres a small discussion in the rollercoasters section on Reddit and someone had this to say:

"Don't expect a coaster. I recently took a survey online and it seemed to me like they were trying to gather ideas for an indoor interactive ride."

take it with a grain of salt, of course, but something to think about.

When I saw the video, I immediately thought of a dive coaster (like SheiKra) going through the ground, except since they just added X-Flight, it's probably not even close.

I also thought of maybe a mine train, just a guess, except there's nowhere to put one in the SW Territory section. A shooting dark ride would be great, except even though Six Flags can overhype sometimes, I'm not sure they'll hype up a dark ride that much unless it's that good, but then again I really don't know; it could be a dark ride I guess. I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but it could also be another water ride either in the water park or in the amusement park (probably the water park if I were to take a guess) with an exploration/dark-hidden-cave-in-the-rainforest-that-no-one-dares-to-go-into theme to it, which would also make sense why they said, "Follow the journey."

To me the video looked more African themed than western. Maybe something like an African woodie in Wolfies spot.

Now if it is something of a western dark ride than leave trailblazers plot blank due to them using it for a haunted house during fright fest and turn the ol Amphitheater into a dark ride, it hasn't been used in some time to my knowledge and if they ever need a theater for a show of some sort they still have the old wilderness theater, or just simply pull an IgNight and turn anything into a stage.

^ I don't think Six Flags Great America would stoop low enough to do 2 new shows like igNight in a row. Being an American-themed park, if it's an African themed ride, it'll probably be in the waterpark. It could be something in the Ampitheater's place, although wouldn't they have started construction earlier though or at least closed/announce the closing of the ampitheater?

One thing is for sure though, any thoughts of a SkyScreamer are out of the question.

Me neither but honestly at this point i don't know. We also can't rule out a possible water park expansion to be African themed. I wonder what the chances are to expand Yukon Territory to include iron wolfs plot and maybe give them a little better theme platform. Also I don't think they would make too much noise of closing the Amphitheater due to them never using it.

Also if it was a sky screamer we should have heard or at least seen the park trying to get construction approval to go higher than x feet. I believe its 125 feet but i honestly don't remember. Anyway i dont think they would go and announce anything that would break that height barrier before approval just on the random off chance the city says no. Which wouldn't happen, but just some assurance to the park.

Lastly, am I the only one who things orbit's days are numbered. Every once and a while I see a few people over at it but they don't seem to be making any progress with it.

The park posted a teaser for 2014!

-or-

Journey being a synonym for Voyage, I wouldn't at all be opposed to Gravity Group coming in to bridge the gap between their Voyage and Hades with some new lumber in Gurnee. That would be my best case scenario.

Rocky Mountain.

Please no.

Why? Are you too fat to fit into an RMC coaster safely?

I don't want RMC coming anywhere near Viper or Eagle. If Parallax meant an original RMC coaster, that I'd be more than fine with.

Lastly, am I the only one who things orbit's days are numbered. Every once and a while I see a few people over at it but they don't seem to be making any progress with it.

The last update I've seen on it was from two days ago, where they had brought the forklift back on site and there was a box of parts. So there is work, it's just moving slowly. It's possible they might have had to get a part made since it's been down for quite some time now.

I also just thought of this now, but if the new coaster (if it's a coaster) replaces Iron Wolf, the rocks could maybe be some kind of mountain themed, and with the idea of a mine train coaster I had earlier, maybe it could be a themed coaster in a mountain in the Yukon Territory, maybe not a mine train, maybe just a Yukon expedition theme, which follows the theme of "Follow the Journey." I'm not sure if Six Flags would put that much effort into ride scenery, but that's just an idea I had. Also with the Yukon mountain theme, the chance of maybe a wolf/any potentially dangerous Northern animal-themed ride of any type, wood or steel, increased. However, although it'll be great, I can't see SFGAm building two major coasters that soon, although both coaster enthusiasts and the GP would love it.

Journey being a synonym for Voyage, I wouldn't at all be opposed to Gravity Group coming in to bridge the gap between their Voyage and Hades with some new lumber in Gurnee. That would be my best case scenario.

I like that idea. Although I'm not sure if the GP would get the Gravity Group reference if they saw this video. Does anyone know where this video was posted prior to here, because if was for primarily coaster enthusiasts, then the chances of it being a Gravity Group coaster are more likely.

I like that idea. Although I'm not sure if the GP would get the Gravity Group reference if they saw this video. Does anyone know where this video was posted prior to here, because if was for primarily coaster enthusiasts, then the chances of it being a Gravity Group coaster are more likely.

As I said, that would be my best case scenario. I wouldn't put any money on it.

Far more likely (at least IMO) would be one or more of the following: another waterpark expansion/Six Flags' take on the dinosaur stuff CF is cramming into all of their parks/some show or musical/a Star Flyer just because there isn't one already/some more mouse coasters.

:shrugs: