TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robbie & Natalie keep Freestyle Music Park in Business

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they still have a ridiculously long "preshow" of some kind? Larry and I rode this thing a number of times when it was Led Zep, and the preshow ceased to amuse after ride number 2 (well, maybe number 1).

I don't think so. I only remember some sort of audio "how to" with the row letters/numbers on the floors, since it's not exactly the most GP-friendly method of loading. But honestly, I didn't pay much attention.

Back in the Before Times, you entered thorugh the big doors, stood and watched a brief Led Zep documentary, then caught a live-performance video of "Whole Lotta Love." The onboard audio would pick up roughly where the preshow left off.

This is the time of year for school trips; school is still in session. I know FMP just opened and is on those partial days not hosting those kind of things yet. At SFGADV when the parks were hosting class trips this time of the year I used to get marathons on B:TR and Medusa because hardly anyone was in the park after 5. They finally got smart in recent years and closed at 6 instead of 7. This is that kind of lull for FMP and the weather was bad that day. Things should be picking up with school out soon.

the park looks like something i'd like to visit sometime, but it looks as if the people don't want to go haha, Lego Land has more people then that this time of year way more... Which is kinda sad haha.

Only the work of the great Dave Thomas and Chuck rivaled this trip report. Seriously, I was in tears.

Shari

I think if Chuck, Natalie, and I were to combine our powers on the same trip report, we could actually disrupt the fabric of space and time. Which might be amusing.

dt

^Soon the circle will be complete--bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha! Puny Earthlings! Who will save you now?

Natalie's TRs are always a highlight--as are Dave and Ice Bat's.

I guess since Myrtle Beach has a beach then it MIGHT be worth a long weekend trip? I really just don't know.

NO.

Myrtle Beach is, as I believe Elissa aptly described it, a vortex of suck. Spend 2.5 hours max getting the 6 credits available (7 if you have a short enough kid with you) and GET THE HELL OUT.

I think if Chuck, Natalie, and I were to combine our powers on the same trip report, we could actually disrupt the fabric of space and time. Which might be amusing.

The Large Hadron Collider will have nothing on us.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments so far, everyone!

The park actually looks pretty nice. At least it is clean.

Of course the park is clean... Look at all the people there! All the employees need to do is dust off the rides every once in a while!

This looks pretty much exactly how Wild Adventures did back in 2002...and that park is still standing.

I think we should wait until the summer season rolls around before we make any sudden judgments. Natalie visited the park on a cruddy day (weather-wise) during the week in late May/early June, so this is not too surprising.

When school lets out and the weather gets warm enough where people will actually be attracted to the Myrtle Beach area, I have a feeling that attendance will pick up considerably at Freestyle Music Park.

It's still standing (Wild Adventures) because it was bought out by someone else. 5 people in a park is still 5 people. We are not even talking about 700 people, but only 5 people. Okay, maybe it's 10, but geesh.

It reminds of Cypress Gardens ride areas on the weeday, and they took out the rides part. Even though I like emptier parks, I felt weird being at Cypress Gardens, and it was just me on some of those rides. I just wish there were 3 people on it just so it's not like the workers are only running it for me. I wanted to go back the next year, but they weren't open. This was the end of 2008. However, I wanted to go on a weekened so it wasn't dead, and I didn't feel so weird. Now, there are no rides. Oh, well.

I have heard SEVERAL people say that they were there that day and that the park was hopping by that evening. I was there over the Memorial Day weekend both Sat and Sun. and the park had decent crowds.

It's a shame. I really do want to get down to this park, as well as, Myrtle Beach...but seeing as how we already went to WDW 3 months ago it probably won't be happening. And next season...I'd be shocked to see this park re-open for next season. And I hate that it isn't working out down there, it really is such a nicely themed park.

I have a friend from Columbia, SC who went there with his wife a few weeks back and said he guessed there was probably 4-5 thousand people there the day they went. But seriously, that number doesn't mean much as a whole, when every other day looks like the day you were there Natalie. My friends love getting down to the ocean as much as possible, and said Family Kingdom always seems to have a consistently larger crowd there.

It makes me wonder about a couple of questions going through my mind.

1) Did the people of Myrtle Beach ever support this project like HRP/FMP want us to believe?

2) Were they completely satisfied with the Pavillion/Family Kingdom?

Something tells me those questions will be answered once and for all by the end of this season!

I guess since Myrtle Beach has a beach then it MIGHT be worth a long weekend trip? I really just don't know.

NO.

Myrtle Beach is, as I believe Elissa aptly described it, a vortex of suck. Spend 2.5 hours max getting the 6 credits available (7 if you have a short enough kid with you) and GET THE HELL OUT.

Compared to any major beach north of it on the East Coast, isn't it at least decent?

If you're into golf courses and lazy rivers, it could be amazing!

None of the areas I saw were.

Granted, I typically don't like beach towns at all. But there are at least some areas in the Outer Banks that I really kind of like. Also, I have a friend who lives in Kure beach and I really like that area, Wrightsville, Baldhead and all that. Compared to those places MB is just a pit.