TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robbie & Natalie keep Freestyle Music Park in Business

This park really does have a lot of potential. I think the previous owners just put too many luxuries in for a new park.

I read somewhere that everything in the restrooms was automated. Just think how much money they could have saved if mankind were not so lazy.

Also, they built a B & M right off the bat and those ain't cheap. This park could have been a lot better off if the original owners knew what they were doing.

I'd hate to see this one go. I think that Universal would do great with this park. Maybe they could do with music what they did with movies.

I agree, a better location would have done lots of good. Hopefully the attendance will pick up, and the owners will have the money to fix this place up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does FMP have any concerts planned for this year?

I just checked their website and I didn't see anything listed. I did see this however:

Groups 500+ Adults ages 10 and up $27.95

$27.95 seems to be quite a high price for a group bringing 500 people to the park when Natalie said she paid about sixteen bucks!

I want to say that's the group rate price for parks like Cedar Point...but HRFSMP? No way!

Hell, I think that's too high for GENERAL ADMISSION let alone a group rate price!!!

--Robb

I think we should wait until the summer season rolls around before we make any sudden judgments. Natalie visited the park on a cruddy day (weather-wise) during the week in late May/early June, so this is not too surprising.

That's true. I forgot to mention that the weather looked like this on the way there:

85786317_FSMPFK003.jpg.a384e8c0c3b632a39680aad7d7e60866.jpg

It had stopped raining by the time we got to the park, but I'm sure it was enough of a downpour to keep away the other 12 people who thought about doing the park that day.

Great trip report, Natalie!

I was hoping to get to Freestyle Music Park before it closes for good. If it doesn't get busier than that, it might not happen.

The idea has so much potential. It just doesn't look like they were able to capture that.

On the plus side, I loved the pictures and captions. Oh and the tumbleweed.

Okay, so as long as we're talking about crowds and how there weren't any, let's discuss operations. Ugh. They weren't too bad for the other rides, but this thing had one train running and it dispatched (no joke) approximately once every 15-20 minutes.

Do they still have a ridiculously long "preshow" of some kind? Larry and I rode this thing a number of times when it was Led Zep, and the preshow ceased to amuse after ride number 2 (well, maybe number 1).

Nights in White Satin was actually the best thing at Hard Rock Park. I bought the freakin' t-shirt!

Natalie, I think you may have written FMP's epitaph with that tumbleweed pic. You should sell that to the newswires if the park goes under again.

So just wondering, On the Time Machine are they intending that each of those doors for the different decades has a train that features different music from those decades?

We only rode it the one time, and while we were loaded in the 80s, the first song in the medley was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," which I'm pretty sure was not an 80s song. I don't remember any of the other songs, though. Robbie's gonna have to jog my memory on that.

Do they still have a ridiculously long "preshow" of some kind? Larry and I rode this thing a number of times when it was Led Zep, and the preshow ceased to amuse after ride number 2 (well, maybe number 1).

I don't think so. I only remember some sort of audio "how to" with the row letters/numbers on the floors, since it's not exactly the most GP-friendly method of loading. But honestly, I didn't pay much attention.

Natalie, I think you may have written FMP's epitaph with that tumbleweed pic. You should sell that to the newswires if the park goes under again.

That picture is one of my prouder moments, I must say.

No wonder we haven't had a TR from TPR's most witty contributor for so long....seems she's been busy after some dorky overweight coaster enthusiast finally came along and swept her off her feet!

Splendid effort as usual Nat. The tumbleweed gag was a classic! Hopefully the boy will be taking you to more parks soon so that we may be the beneficiaries of further reports

Great trip report.

I would imagine that working in that 'empty' environment would be pretty depressing. They'll probably have a high employee turn over rate because of it. You need some stimulation at work, otherwise the hours just crawl by.........................

Really great TR Natalie! Sad that I will not make it this year to FMP ... so no credits for me because next year there will be no FMP anymore most likely if they continue like today.

Thanks for the great report.

Question, and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere: I heard a glowing review of the Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin dark ride during the Hard Rock Park season...what is the shape of this ride at Freestyle?

Thanks!

Martin

Thanks for the great report.

Question, and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere: I heard a glowing review of the Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin dark ride during the Hard Rock Park season...what is the shape of this ride at Freestyle?

Thanks!

Martin

It's now the Monstars of Rock ride--Natalie does mention this in her TR (along with her opinion).

Natalie, I think you may have written FMP's epitaph with that tumbleweed pic. You should sell that to the newswires when the park goes under again.

Fixed.

I was waiting for someone to do this--and my first guess was you, Scott.

Finally A new Natatomic TR !

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Beautiful pictures with hilarious captions. Extremely entertaining as always. Just don't make us wait so long till the next great TR.

Wow! I'm not sure what is "wrong" with me. I am just posting like crazy today! Anyhoo....

Great report. I was waiting on a good detailed TR!

I really wish FMP was closer to me as I would love to go. When I can go to King's Island or maybe even Holiday World or Indiana Beach in the same drive time or less, I would rather go to the obvious choices!

I guess since Myrtle Beach has a beach then it MIGHT be worth a long weekend trip? I really just don't know.

But anyhoo, Thanks for the report! :0)

^ Oh, yeah! I forgot about that part!

It really does seem that Hard Rock Park was a "cover up" for their financial losses and while they built something that was also an epic failure, those original guys certainly did make out pretty well!

--Robb

Ever see "The Producers"? Same idea.

I guess the Nazi theme park would've been too obvious.