TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Monster Mansion is now OPEN!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great update.

Its awesome to see a dark ride at the center of an update, instead of a coaster (not that there is anything wrong with that).

The dark ride enthusiast in me is very happy!

SFOG really is a beautiful park...

How were the employees? My only complaint about this park in the past has been the "I'm bored out of my mind to be working here" attitude displayed by many of the teenage workers. If this park would sweat the details, it could really be something special.

I really really really they would remove the sky-coaster in front of The Great American Scream Machine. The sky-coaster really ruins the view of what used to be one of the most photogenic coasters in the world.

My home park is Six Flags Great Adventure and we had a "wheelie" it was called the Enterprise. I miss it, they took it away:( Last time I checked, it was just a smoking area.

Kings Island's had the same fate. Well...actully it turned into a memorial garden. WTF?

Great photo TR! SFOG looks amazing! I can't wait to go this summer as part of the Deep South 2009 trip. The Monster Mansion ride seems very cool as well, maybe if we have time this summer I'll check it out. Dark rides are always an exciting way to exit the heat and be entertained, and if they're good its just an added bonus. It really sucks that the Deja Vu rides keep getting scrapped, hopefully it will end up someplace.

My home park is Six Flags Great Adventure and we had a "wheelie" it was called the Enterprise. I miss it, they took it away:( Last time I checked, it was just a smoking area.

This makes me really, really, really sad. REALLY sad.

I know Tyler, it makes me sad as well. I LOVE Enterprises, they are my favorite flat ride.

I do not know how to say the name of this ride, but the mine train is now on Flash Pass.

I'd have thought something like pronouncing "Talladega", and it looks like Scott confirmed it.

At SFoG it's pronounced Duh-lon-a-ga. It's named after the city of Dahlonega in North Georgia where they had a gold rush many years ago.

It's located at the southern end of the Appalachian Mountains.

SFoG used to have the Mini Mine train for kids as well, it's gone. I think the trucks are there now.

Great TR Eric!

I just got the chance to ride Monster Mansion on Thursday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a real surprise, especially for Six Flags. My only real problems with the park that I saw was the "I don't want to be here" attitude, and goliath's crew moving rather slowly... They were stacking trains for 20 to 30 seconds.

Monster Mansion looks great! I'm so glad they didn't completely change it, just spruced it up a little. I can't wait to see it. I used to be terrified of it when I was a kid. Ah, memories.

I have seen that Batman queue full! Not fun times. Hot Georgia summer, metal building, poor ventilation, yuck.

Great report!

• 2 months later...

I experienced it many times this year so far and enjoyed it alot, though two things were a little odd. In one area it always smells like either Mr.clearn or it smells like odd chemical apple cinnamon. The other thing that annoys me is the dang HORN now I won't say where it is for people who haven't ridden it. Its just annoying .