TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags charges you more to print your ticket at home.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiday World does get it: you put all your costs in the price of admission and guests still feel like they are getting a great deal on their "free" soda and sunscreen!

^ That's basically my point, and I believe someone else mentioned it too. People DON'T like being nickle and dimed. Figure in all operating costs, and provide a base price. Simple.

Also, for the record, I actually don't mind paying a parking fee at some places. I understand the necessity of it business-wise. My beef is with ever-increasing "ridiculous" amounts to park.

^ You mean like at SF Great America where season pass parking cost 1 cent more then a season pass? Or single day is $15 for the back lot around 30-40 rows back and $25 for the front one?

I just paid $320 for 2 Cedar Fair passes. Yet, at that price, I still feel better in they did not charge me $80 for the ticket and $80 for parking like Six Flags does. We also did not have any printing fees when I bought them online, so I feel better already. Just charge it to me upfront and don't pull a ticketmaster.

One thing to note is that a lot of the free parking places (Knoebels, Holiday World, Waldameer) are in the middle of BFE where property tax has to be a lot cheaper than Mason, Ohio where you have a decent sized school system to support.

I agree that more parks should roll it all into one flat admission fee. Holiday World has a pretty neat trick with their price.

I'm sorry, but any fairly intelligent person should realize that $20 off a ticket, plus an addtional $5 for a "covenience" fee is still saving $15.

You really need it "added in" so you don't feel like they're nickel and diming you?

^ Well, sure. The problem is still that they tell you one thing at the beginning of the process and another at the end.

Your argument makes sense from the standpoint of someone who was going to buy one at full price at the gate anyway. But the whole point of offering discounts is to get people to buy something they might not have otherwise.

Why not just be honest, if you're an honest company?

I'm sorry, but any fairly intelligent person should realize that $20 off a ticket, plus an addtional $5 for a "covenience" fee is still saving $15.

You really need it "added in" so you don't feel like they're nickel and diming you?

Exactly. And it is not like they are charging you out of no where. You still have the option to not purchase it if you don't want to pay the fee. Am I correct?

And I am still on the fence about the parking lot thing. I think Joe makes a really good argument, and has for years. I'm still just right in the middle on it.

Scott - Go to a fair and you will either have to pay a dollar to take a pee, or you will see the poor bathroom attendent just begging for a tip as you walk out of the disgusting mess of a stall - yes, the one that they are keeping "clean".

I for one have no problem with this "hidden" fee being tacked on at the end. Pretty much everything you buy online has some kind of fee at the end, whether it's a "convenience" charge, shipping charge, location charge, tax, etc. In today's world, it's a given.

I hate when companies just give a flat rate; to me, it's just like they're lying to me. The companies that tack it on at the end are at least being honest about what they're charging you. A company that bundles it all together might seem more expensive when everything is hidden. Example, this new cell phone company here advertises that they have no system access fee. Yet, looking at the price of my plan ($25/month + access fee) and a price of the exact same plan with them ($30/month), they're still charging the access fee, it's just hidden, but it seems like a bit of a rip off.

^^^ I actually have no problem with the locker policy. There is really no need for people to bring 2 backpacks of the stuff to the park anyways.

On top of that, walking in exit lines, I've had objects flying at me that could have caused big problems had they hit. I've seen cell phones on Raging Bull, camera bags on Viper at SF Great America and last Saturday saw a girl get a cut due to around 2 bucks in quarters flying at her on Batman: The Ride at SF STL. If nothing else, it prevents people from dodging objects or trying to jump the fence to get them back.

I have to agree with the people on this board saying that it isnt that big of a deal.

I could see charging 10 buck per person something to complain over...but think of it this way, when you do any travel online (or booking at a travel agency for that matter)...there are A TON of fees associated, with planes, hotels, and various attractions.

I hate when I look at a trip, go through the steps to see how much the trip will really cost me...and it is usually a couple hundred dollars off.

I use restrooms daily too. I don't see separate fees for that....yet.

Then I'm guessing you've never been here to Europe. Where in most places, they love to charge you to take a piss...

But OMFG, 5 BUCKS! That is seriously the most messed up deal in the whole world. I mean seriously, why would the take 5 dollars from us. I mean for real, that is WAY to much....

I hate Six Flags. Trying to steal 5 bucks from us....

First 4 freaking quarters to use a locker for the day and now this.

Now paying 6 dollars for a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Now THAT'S a deal.

--James

^ Yes, you're agreeing to being billed for future usage, but your next bill can never be precisely predicted since wattage and hours aren't calculated until they've actually been used...which varies from month to month. Therefore, you can only be billed based on what you used, technically, in the past.

This reminds me of an old Mitch Hedberg joke. "A guy said he had a picture of when he was younger." "I said, isn't every picture of you, a picture of you when you were younger?"

By the way, I'm waiving the white flag after this.