TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musical Instruments

Curt

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ive been playin guitar for 13 years. Ive been teaching myself to play the drums for the past 2 years. Wayyyyy back in high school i played the trumpet - and i got perform on the field during the half-time show at the Gator Bowl! it was bizarre and very cheesy.

I played the trumpet for 3 years in middle school. I'm not in band this year because I take honors classes...

My god, your school district is screwed up. Almost all of my band friends are in honors classes. (I'm in honors Global.) Heck, almost all of my "good band friends" are in Marching Band.

Me, in the chance I haven't replied here before, I have been playing the Tuba for about four and a half years. I had a 95 on my level 5 NYSSMA solo last year, made all county three or four times, and I'm in Marching Band. (I'm doing a level 5 solo again this year.)

oboe in 6th grade... hated it

chorus ever since

played in the pit jr and sr yr in hs b/c my school SUCKS at anything to do with talent and they let me in for free - free trip to japan, heck yeah

im the singer of our "rock band"

Deep

Fried

Baby

and Hemroidal Assassans

Clarinet- I hated it! I had to play it in 6th grade!

Alto Sax- My preferred Sax.

Tenor Sax- My 2nd favorite I play it alot. About the same amount as the Alto.

Barry Sax- My least favorite Sax I only have to play it once and awhile.

Soprano Sax- I've only played it a handful of times but I liked it fine.

I play the clarinet. I'm 3rd chair, but I don't care because there's 17 of us in the band. Small army of sorts. I play well, better than the guys next to me.

There is this one kid in another school in the district who has an Alto Sax spaypainted clarinet black. It was intense.

Our band teacher is an Alto Sax player too, and brags that his one of a set of 100 hand-made sax's, and that the factory was burned down, but when they rebuilt the factory they never got back to making more hand-made insturments because the instructions were burned also.

• 2 weeks later...

I play the trumpet and was a member of the quasi-professional Las Vegas Brass Band when I was in High School. I say quasi-professional since nobody got paid since it was not for profit, but we made CD's and a lot of the people in the band are teachers at high schools or UNLV or had played on the Strip at some point in time.