TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, Elissa, Chris and Natalie, you guys are awesome! The whole weekend was great! From Kristen's birthday party to the pre-WCB party to the main event on Sunday. I know you guys put a ton of work into this event and it is greatly appreciated. Sandi, Ellie and Chad also wanted me to say "thank you" for them.

I'm still not sure if the kids had more fun riding coasters at SFMM for over four hours during ERT or on the giant "slide of death" at Kristen's party. (Actually, I'm pretty sure Chad had more fun on the slide) Either way, it was great hanging out with some great friends, old and new.

I also wanted to thank everyone at SFMM for everything they did to make this a great event. I was in the small group that thought we were supposed to meet up for the 11:15 walk back in front of Deja Vu. Once we figured out where we were really supposed to meet up it was too late. However, Tim and Jay both stayed when they didn't have to (in a hail storm I might add) just to make sure our group of maybe 20 people didn't miss the tour. They could have easily just had us come back at 2:30 with the next group but they didn't. That really says a lot to me about how much the park has improved over the last few years.

Thank you all so much and we'll see you again next year!

William, don't take it personally or too hard!

Thanks everyone! I NEVER take anything personally! The other coordinators and I had a BLAST for the scavenger hunt! How can you be upset about anything when your "work" is putting on an event like this! I focus my energy on the 99% of people who are wonderful, not on the 1% who...

I had just as much fun as everyone else!

We always look at how to improve in every aspect, and we know what to improve for next time!

To Team 30:

Look, there may have been nothing in the rule book about hiding a clue, but there is also a moral reprehensibility to conceal a clue all in the interest of winning. I was on Team 16, also known as second place, and we got that position fair and square... not by hiding stuff or being shady in our actions. So, sorry to burst your bubble, I agree that you should be disqualified.

Look, let's be honest, a guide wheel from Sierra Twist is no wheel from Goliath, but hell, I cherish that prize because I know that my team won it with hard work and prudence. I adore any part from a ride that I can get and it sits up on my TV along with my pieces of wood and my name badge from my time at Magic Mountain. And they didn't even have to give us those prizes... they did it out of kindness.

The scavenger hunt wasn't about winning... it was about being a team and having fun, which is what coaster enthusiasts should be doing. Not shortchanging their fellow enthusiasts by placing a recycling bin over a clue.

Sincerely,

R.C.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the plaque that was the undoing of many of the scavenger hunt teams? After spending so much time looking for it, and never finding it, I'd be interested to know where it is just so I can check it out the next time I'm at the park.

I never would have thought that by my 4th official post on TPR, I would already have enemies. After reminiscing on the event, I am obligated to tell everyone just how much I apologize for the actions of my team(Team 30) at WCB.

Me being 1 of 3 Adults in a group of 6, I must say that it was very much a "Spur of the Moment" idea in which we obviously did not think through.

I apologize to the employees at Magic Mountain who spent hours ensuring this Scavenger Hunt would be entertaining for us guests. I especially apologize to the other 29 teams, who as a result of what we did, wasted hours of what could've been valuable ride time, looking for a clue that we had covered with a recycling bin.

You know, they didn't have to give out anything at all...and you know, they didn't have to even do the scavenger hunt.

I really didn't mean that in the sense it came across as. That was obviously just an excuse I made up for why it was we didn't have our voices heard about being disqualified. Because after thinking about it, I know what we did was wrong, and I am sorry if our actions in any way afflicted your enjoyment of the event. I would've actually been quite appreciative if I had won a Guide Wheel from Sierra Twist. Having been to Knott's Winter Coaster Solace many times in the past, my brother won various items such as a Block of Wood and Pieces of Track from Ghostrider, and even a Tire from Supreme Scream. But sadly, I have yet to win a ride part. Well, except for the Block of Wood everyone got from Terminator. Lol.

Hopefully everyone understands that quite simply, I'M SORRY.

...and despite the actions carried out by my team, I hope everyone who participated in the Scav-A-Ganza managed to have a great deal of fun.

On a side note, I want to thank everyone who made this event possible for such an amazing day at Magic Mountain. They really managed to make us feel like VIPs.

-Matthew Black

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the plaque that was the undoing of many of the scavenger hunt teams? After spending so much time looking for it, and never finding it, I'd be interested to know where it is just so I can check it out the next time I'm at the park.

Here is the plaque in question. It is located on the ground outside the Southeast corner of the Flags store in Six Flags Plaza.

I will hopefully have the score posted by this evening, along with photos of each of the quest answers.

~William

IMG_2670.JPG.29dd88186804e53b1d545c4f3188e830.JPG

Answer: the letter "B" in the most upper-left corner

well i have to say is that i had a blast at six flags everything went good except when my little cousin ended up throwing up after Tatsu we got on it twice and when she got off, she started to barft inside the trash can i have a pic to prove it i never see no one ever do this before but its hilarious LOL.. then again at night we got on Gloliath back to back again so guess what happend ?????? she ended up thorwing up again yay !!!!! what an awsome night we had LOL cant wait for next year

mercy.jpg.2c81ecc1059614516bd86d784b4eb944.jpg

well i have to say is that i had a blast at six flags everything went good except when my little cousin ended up throwing up after Tatsu we got on it twice and when she got off, she started to barft inside the trash can i have a pic to prove it i never see no one ever do this before but its hilarious LOL.. then again at night we got on Gloliath back to back again so guess what happend ?????? she ended up thorwing up again yay !!!!! what an awsome night we had LOL cant wait for next year

I can believe it, after riding Tatsu last year (definitely a one-ride coaster for me, as are most flyers). That pretzel loop is a killer.

I'm glad you had a great time at WCB, but please remember that the shift key is your friend--proper capitalization and punctuation will make your posts easier to read (and more likely to be read). Thank you.

I've rode it in the front row and the last row and there's definitely a difference between that gaps. Riding in the front row going through the pretzel loop feels like if an average person is standing on your head... In the last row it pretty much feels like a 757's front tires are sitting on your head.

Closing my eyes in the pretzel loop helps to take some of the discomfort out of it; the same thing works during the Helix of Death on Goliath.

Of course, closing my eyes at certain times also keeps Jet Stream water out of my face while riding Ninja!

Eric

Team 5, 11th place. Oh well, better luck next time

I must say the only thing I was dissapointed with about the WCB this year (besides X2 being down both times we wanted to ride) was that there was no raffle like I saw last year. I really wanted the chance to win a Viper wheel or something. Ok, well maybe a Riddler's Revenge wheel

I've rode it in the front row and the last row and there's definitely a difference between that gaps. Riding in the front row going through the pretzel loop feels like if an average person is standing on your head... In the last row it pretty much feels like a 757's front tires are sitting on your head.

I only do the front 2 rows on Tatsu from here on out. I learned my lesson early (on media day) after puking my guts out.

Also, whatever you do avoid lots of coffee before riding!