TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Worst Gift You've Ever Received.

shesaidboom

Most of us have received some truly awful gifts over the years. Not just things we didn't want or like, but things that made us wonder what the gift giver could have possibly been thinking when they picked out the gift. We already have a thread to post what you got for Christmas, and I've seen a few pretty bad gifts in there (the photo of the ex girlfriend with her husband comes to mind), but most of those gifts are happy ones. This thread is for the ones you probably wouldn't normally want to share. Birthdays and other holidays count too, they don't have to be Christmas gifts! Pictures will make this more fun, but if you don't have any feel free to share anyway.

I'll start.

675942617_JesusClock.jpg.ababdbf24d4c09844a1e9e3fd1e0ea0c.jpg

We received this Jesus clock from one of my mom's students this year. The glass on it cut me twice when I took it out of the box! I'm still trying to figure out if the butterfly has any significance, or if it's just a random butterfly.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This beat out the handkerchiefs I got every year from my grandma. (She assumed I wore suits to work every day. There's only so many pieces of fabric I can burn every year! I finally had to tell her so she could save her money.)

d-adv-p.thumb.jpg.93bfdb6141e5823600a275cf7129b7bd.jpg

I received the video tape for this a few year back. I have to wrap this up and send it to my best friend for his birthday. He managed to slip it back in my luggage last year!

let´s see, here are my top 3:

1472025673_x-masgifts002.thumb.jpg.eb0c0cc819b758b58bc9f3c9f4133eac.jpg

and, number one:

hillary rodham clinton - the whole story.... ...no more caption needed.....

1888009871_x-masgifts001.thumb.jpg.9b34723e15eee32b69f16a5ce54a927d.jpg

number 2:

...a naked chef, made from terracotta...

i wanted to throw it into the trash-can, but my wife thinks, it looks funny above the fridge....

880913756_x-masgifts003.thumb.jpg.4403a62e6e6e9afdfd76b41a6b96522e.jpg

nuber 3:

...ultimate manilow.... am i allready retired???

Well every year for some reason I get a glass chess set from someone! And it always turns out to be the EXACT same one every year. I've got about 5 in my closet, it's beginning to become a tradition. And I hate chess!

Also this wasn't a bad gift, but it made me mad. The coolest looking Vans sandals ever I received this Christmas from a friend. They look AWESOME put them on.... 2 sizes too small. It made me so mad cuz' I need new sandals and these looked REALLY cool, and they were comfy too.

Pshh, wheres a gift receipt when you need one.