TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Preview" Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit of logo action for my RCT2 park I'm actually working hard on.

Like? Dislike? Want to set fire to? Keep in mind that it's meant for a white background.

Edited by A.J.

I don't want to waste too much hard drive space on my computer with the logo on different backgrounds, so I made the background transparent. This also lets me put it on any screenshot I'd like without it intruding.

Here's a screenshot with the logo on it (work in progress, of course) -

SCR25.thumb.png.11946ae7525f92967e80976aa06e1b05.png

Those of you who have played through RCT2's "expert parks" scenarios will recognize the wooden coaster. I've taken the design, stretched it out to realistic proportions, and added my own touch of originality.

As for the logo colors, the original colors I tried (solid ones) were very polarizing and hard on my eyes. So, I went with pastel ones.

Edited by A.J.

I'm not sure that I think it's a good idea to have the asphalt path in the farm fields, it doesn't really fit in my eyes. I would go with a gravel or dirt path of some kind.

A creation in wich i have a lack of inspiration, mabye someone want to help?

I was thinking that about the paths- but the only other option was the brown tarmac (I tend not to use the 'dirt paths' in my games- it looks too 'messy' to me!).

I'm guessing that's a VK flyer- I'd perhaps consider dumping the second lift, and have it do more 'low to the ground' elements, something akin to AIR at AT would do. The Buried Loop element, however, should stay- it works nicely there.

^Wow that looks great! I usually don't look at RCT2 stuff but that building is awesome!

Okay so this was my first time custom supporting a woodie, so I'm wondering if it has turned out decent so far?

What do you guys think??

And do you think this building came out well? I built it in like 15 minutes.

ecrim95

First screen: You could save yourself tons of time (and lag) if you use DasMatze's wooden support retexture. Looks decent so far.

Second screen: The building looks great, but I think that you could get some better feedback if you included the purpose of the building. That said, I think that it would look better with some actual surroundings such as other buildings, some foliage, or you could break that path up a little, and make it flow.

Update. I haven't come up with a name for it yet, but I have a few in mind.

2104777867_X-CarCoaster3.jpg.264e18c84266151e63e3e2f8a09ee992.jpg

^^You stole my idea! I had a beginning almost exactly like that on one of my never-completed concept rides (except it did that from the station, then a helix, then lift).

What kind of coaster was it?

^Well, you have to start somewhere before you get a good one that sticks. You should have seen the test coaster I made to influence me to make this current coaster!

Possibly the last update, showing how much free time I had today! Expect this coaster sometime this or next week.

Edit: Look for Sand Scorpion in the exchange .

1414577797_SandScorpion.jpg.ac3fe9edc6ae47648bc6232be54b69a9.jpg

Edited by Midgetman82

ecrim95

First screen: You could save yourself tons of time (and lag) if you use DasMatze's wooden support retexture. Looks decent so far.

Second screen: The building looks great, but I think that you could get some better feedback if you included the purpose of the building. That said, I think that it would look better with some actual surroundings such as other buildings, some foliage, or you could break that path up a little, and make it flow.

Thanks! I did download that right now and it looks way better! And saved me hours of works Don't worry that shot was still a WIP so the surroundings are not done yet! The final product will look better! The purpose of the building is to hold restrooms.

Thought I'd tease you guys with my new park