TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Starting to get more into The Offspring. Love their sound, but the songs I've heard so far sound really similar.

They do have a really distinctive sound, I wish they'd experimentwith it a bit more though. But then again I've only got like half their albums so, who kows, maybe they do.

^ And yeah, Resistance is a pretty sweet song.

I like Muse in small doses. They use WAY to many of the same progressions and harmonies over and over and over... and over.. again. It really is the same style, sound, structure, instrumentation just slightly altered. Way to repetitive for my taste. That and the whole "goth" thing.

Muse's new album is great, one of the best, if not the best from them, in my opinion. (Yes, I own all their albums and all their unreleased songs).

They have been progressively using more and more harmonies, but each song sounds different to me. They do use some of their old style in their newer songs, but while doing so, they still push it ahead.

For example, I do hear a lot of Origin of Symmetry/Absolution influences in their song "Unnatural Selection" from their new album... but they use more vocal harmonies and more synth.

As for The Offspring, I own all their albums too. Smash is their best album in my opinion. True Offspring punk with some good messages to society.

Their newer stuff has become a bit more "Experimental" especially with their Poppish songs from Conspiracy of One and Splinter... even going into more general Alternative with Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

My opinion on them... stick with anything pre-Americana if you want classic Punk, or post-Americana if you want more of their Poppy side.

Parachutes is so great. I've been listening to it a lot recently. Don't Panic and Sparks are the best songs on the album. Coldplay is just a great band overall.

Ahh, it's just a U2 rip off. I don't like most Pop music, but U2's early stuff is great. Not so much a fan of their more recent, poppy material.

^Couldnt agree more about U2's new music, that "Get on Your Boots" song is absolutely dreadful and really doesnt stick to U2's standards that they set for themselves.

I do absolutely love Coldplay though, they're one of those bands that I can just turn on and not get bored with. Life in Technicolor ii is by far my favorite song to listen to right now.

Was slightly annoyed that I had to buy You Me At Six's special edition album for the new tracks, but Hey-Ho! I love You Me At Six. I also, love Lostprophets new track. Can't wait for the album to come out in January!

Also, Elliot Minors new album next month, already pre-oredered my copy Can't wait!

Parachutes is so great. I've been listening to it a lot recently. Don't Panic and Sparks are the best songs on the album. Coldplay is just a great band overall.

Ahh, it's just a U2 rip off. I don't like most Pop music, but U2's early stuff is great. Not so much a fan of their more recent, poppy material.

What??? You think Coldplay is a U2 rip-off?! They are both totally different bands! Coldplay has some mellow songs (i.e. Sparks and Swallowed in the Sea) and upbeat songs (i.e. Life in Techicolor ii, Viva la Vida, Lost!). What I am trying to get at is Coldplay has variety. U2 has a lot of the same kind of material with not a lot of variety. I'd say one of the only things they have in common is that they are both college bands.

At the moment I am absolutely in love with Daniel Johnston. Surely one of the greatest singer songwriters ever lived. It's just a shame that no one has heard of him to appreciate his music. Also, Husker Du are another band I can't get enough of right now, and Talking Heads are awesome too!

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

At the moment I am absolutely in love with Daniel Johnston. Surely one of the greatest singer songwriters ever lived. It's just a shame that no one has heard of him to appreciate his music.

I saw him live a few years back. Great songwriter to be sure, but the show was a little odd due to his mental state and eccentricities.

At the moment I am absolutely in love with Daniel Johnston. Surely one of the greatest singer songwriters ever lived. It's just a shame that no one has heard of him to appreciate his music.

I saw him live a few years back. Great songwriter to be sure, but the show was a little odd due to his mental state and eccentricities.

Have you seen the documentary they made about him? The Devil and Daniel Johnston? It's awesome. I especially like the bit where he goes mental and pretends to crash a plane. I am actually going to see him live in 4 weeks and a half, really looking forward to it. I think I'll go with an open mind though, because I kind of read about his "Style" of playing. I'm sure once I get used to his style I will love it.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005