TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

On 5/31/2021 at 10:43 PM, anonymouscactus said:

I don't know if you can use it with the season long flash pass, but I definitely used it on Saturday for the day purchase (which I regretted spending $$$ on, the only REALLY GOOD time saver was Superman due to the 1 train), the rest shaved off little to no lines. It worked well, though a lot of the employees had trouble getting the QR code to register and sometimes it took 20-30 seconds for them to finally get it to scan. I really liked it though. Nothing additional to carry around, no line to wait in to pick it up, it was great in that respect.

I wonder how that's going to work in some of the other parks on rides where phones are forbidden on certain rides (El Toro, Jersey Devil)?

20 minutes ago, jackinbox said:

I wonder how that's going to work in some of the other parks on rides where phones are forbidden on certain rides (El Toro, Jersey Devil)?

They'll probably institute something like SV's new locker system, after the FP merge point, but in typical SF fashion, dedicate zero employees to it so it turns into a massive shitshow.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Per queue times it looks like an obvious staffing move but they often open those rides the last few hours of the day when the staff becomes available. I'd imagine it won't be an issue on weekends.

I haven’t been back since this went up to see it myself but apparently there was an RV parked next to Tomahawk. Not sure what it would be needed for. The area being closed could totally just be for staffing but it will be interesting to see how much of this and the Goliath area potential get a steampunk retheme. 

16 hours ago, grsupercity said:

Were you able to get on everything you wanted 

I went for opening and went through the member entrance and was able to get the 10 min head start. Rode Superman first, Batman, Riddler, Joker and Wicked Cyclone for the first time. I then made the mistake of going back to get my member drink cup and then it turned into a shitshow... left at 145 and took my long ride home. Superman still is the best coaster in the park.

Am I the only one that doesn't get those? I get it with my drink plan but always throw it in the trash. I'd rather pay the extra money if I ever actually want soda than carry that unnecessarily large cup that doesn't fit in a locker around all day.

Now I feel like I should get them and give them to people who care. 😂

22 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Am I the only one that doesn't get those? I get it with my drink plan but always throw it in the trash. I'd rather pay the extra money if I ever actually want soda than carry that unnecessarily large cup that doesn't fit in a locker around all day.

Now I feel like I should get them and give them to people who care. 😂

I got lucky and got my DE VIP card, credits for paying through the pandemic and picked up the cup in under 10 mins but I went up to member services as soon as I walked into the park.  Some of the lines since have been totally nuts.  I really wish they would do away with the cups or at least make it optional.  They are definitely an annoyance to have to carry around besides always wondering if someone is going to try to steal or mistakenly take yours.  I like how Cedar Point offered both but but a refill time on the disposable cups.  No issue at all with that.  I'd rather be limited on refills and get a disposable cup instead of the plastic carry around ones.

That's what I do too. Half the time I drink beer, otherwise I just drink free water courtesy cups since it's free and better for me than soda anyway. Every once in awhile I'll want a kick of caffeine and order a coke, but whatever... it's 50% off with the DE pass and worth a few bucks every 2-3 visits to not have to carry the cup.

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

That's what I do too. Half the time I drink beer, otherwise I just drink free water courtesy cups since it's free and better for me than soda anyway. Every once in awhile I'll want a kick of caffeine and order a coke, but whatever... it's 50% off with the DE pass and worth a few bucks every 2-3 visits to not have to carry the cup.

I don't know if other SF parks did this, but while operating under COVID restrictions, SFMM would hand you a paper cup of whatever drink you ordered with your drink plan. But you still had to carry your refillable cup and show it to the cashier to prove you had the drink plan. They could've gone the Cedar Fair route by scanning guests' passes, noticing whether or not they have drink plans, and handing out paper cups instead of making guests carry around a plastic cup that they won't end up using anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pictures floating around on Twitter of damage from a Severe Thunderstorm at SFNE tonight. Some good sized trees down, a flag pole snapped, and a few large branches even tried to put Fireball out of its misery but I'm sure it will be back giving everyone headaches by opening tomorrow. Looks like some minor flooding on some low lying midways too.

UPDATE: Park is closed today, 6/30, for storm cleanup.

On 6/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, joelwee said:

I don't know if other SF parks did this, but while operating under COVID restrictions, SFMM would hand you a paper cup of whatever drink you ordered with your drink plan. But you still had to carry your refillable cup and show it to the cashier to prove you had the drink plan. They could've gone the Cedar Fair route by scanning guests' passes, noticing whether or not they have drink plans, and handing out paper cups instead of making guests carry around a plastic cup that they won't end up using anyway.

I always just order a free refill on the app and get a paper cup.  Tossed my bottle long ago.  Works at all the SF parks I've been to so far.

• 3 weeks later...

Going Monday…..did they figure out the season flash pass on your phone thing yet?  Some poor manager is gonna get an earful if not when I go there Monday morning….that’s some bullshit….

1 minute ago, tndank said:

https://ne.sfflashpass.com/#

Seems to be up and running.  Maybe.

I’m not convinced….we know they have this up and running for people who buy the one day flash pass…..it’s bullshit they also didn’t boot up the people who pay monthly for the season flash pass to do the same…..that’s what I found out a couple weeks ago when I went…..no reason they couldn’t fire up both at the same time….like you’re collecting my money….why are you fucking me up my ass so hard though….

28 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

I’m not convinced….we know they have this up and running for people who buy the one day flash pass…..it’s bullshit they also didn’t boot up the people who pay monthly for the season flash pass to do the same…..that’s what I found out a couple weeks ago when I went…..no reason they couldn’t fire up both at the same time….like you’re collecting my money….why are you fucking me up my ass so hard though….

You've got some anger issues bro.  Take a breath and get your stupid watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

You've got some anger issues bro.  Take a breath and get your stupid watch.

No….it’s easy…I pay them money for the season flash pass….I shouldn’t then be boned when I arrive at the park and have to wait 90 minutes to get that flash pass when some shmuck off the road can buy a day flash pass and be ready to go on his phone in 5 minutes…..you have an argument why that’s totally fine?  

7 hours ago, ice1972 said:

No….it’s easy…I pay them money for the season flash pass….I shouldn’t then be boned when I arrive at the park and have to wait 90 minutes to get that flash pass when some shmuck off the road can buy a day flash pass and be ready to go on his phone in 5 minutes…..you have an argument why that’s totally fine?  

When you bought the season flash pass, presumably you knew how it operated, with picking up the watch.  They then later enabled this phone option.  You're continuing to receive what you knowingly paid for.

Does it suck? Sure.  Is it reason enough to go on a ranting, cursing tirade, threatening to berate some poor kid who has zero control over what the park chooses to offer it's customers, which may not even be at a local-park control level?  No.

If you don't like waiting 90 minutes to pick up the watch, get to the park earlier.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

When you bought the season flash pass, presumably you knew how it operated, with picking up the watch.  They then later enabled this phone option.  You're continuing to receive what you knowingly paid for.

Does it suck? Sure.  Is it reason enough to go on a ranting, cursing tirade, threatening to berate some poor kid who has zero control over what the park chooses to offer it's customers, which may not even be at a local-park control level?  No.

If you don't like waiting 90 minutes to pick up the watch, get to the park earlier.

Its literally nothing like that but OK guy.......you're doing it wrong when you don't enable a feature for everyone who is buying that thing........that instantly devalued what I am paying for if I am on the outside looking in......unless they discount or suspend payments on that thing I am buying - which of course they won't.......and thats irritating AF.......they're doing it wrong and you support it - real nice

@ice1972

No, I don't support their decision to not offer Flash Pass on the phone for season Flash Pass customers.  Yes, they should offer the same system to every paying customer, I'll agree with you there.

I don't agree that it has "devalued" what you're paying for.  The system operates exactly as it did when you purchased it.  Now, if they removed rides from the Flash Pass program, then yes, I'd say you have a "devalued" argument.

Mainly, what I don't agree with is the extreme to which you've taken your upset-ness.  Your mild inconvenience from them not offering season Flash Pass on the phone app does not give you the right to berate, yell at, or otherwise harass a low-paid, young employee of the park, who has literally no control over the situation whatsoever.  Write an e-mail to the GM of the park if it bothers you so much...front-line employees at theme parks don't have any say over how things are done.

Was I highly annoyed when CF parks decided to keep their smoking zones to outside the park gates post-COVID?  Yes, absolutely.  Did I bitch and moan about it to the employees who scan the tickets/passes on entry?  No, because they have no ability to change things that are corporate-wide or even park-level decisions.

You also realize that this is Six Flags, and the "decision" to not offer what you're looking for is likely as simple as one of their tech guys forgetting to check a box to enable it, right?  Again, not someone who works at the park and interacts with guests.  Guest Relations might be your only real outlet at the park, since they can take notes that get forwarded on to the park management, but certainly you're a better human being than to "give them an earful."  A casual, friendly, "Hey, it would be nice if..." will get you miles further.

If the "1972" in your user name refers to your birth year, this is even worse, because a grown-ass adult should not get so bothered by trivial things like this.  I hope you never have to face any actual hardship in your life.

• Like 10

People at other parks have been able to use their season flash pass on their phone.  Must reserve it first by 8am or so.  Often have to log out and back in of the FP website after reserving.  Lots of people at Great America using season FP on their phones.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:01 PM, Mike240SX said:

@ice1972

No, I don't support their decision to not offer Flash Pass on the phone for season Flash Pass customers.  Yes, they should offer the same system to every paying customer, I'll agree with you there.

I don't agree that it has "devalued" what you're paying for.  The system operates exactly as it did when you purchased it.  Now, if they removed rides from the Flash Pass program, then yes, I'd say you have a "devalued" argument.

Mainly, what I don't agree with is the extreme to which you've taken your upset-ness.  Your mild inconvenience from them not offering season Flash Pass on the phone app does not give you the right to berate, yell at, or otherwise harass a low-paid, young employee of the park, who has literally no control over the situation whatsoever.  Write an e-mail to the GM of the park if it bothers you so much...front-line employees at theme parks don't have any say over how things are done.

Was I highly annoyed when CF parks decided to keep their smoking zones to outside the park gates post-COVID?  Yes, absolutely.  Did I bitch and moan about it to the employees who scan the tickets/passes on entry?  No, because they have no ability to change things that are corporate-wide or even park-level decisions.

You also realize that this is Six Flags, and the "decision" to not offer what you're looking for is likely as simple as one of their tech guys forgetting to check a box to enable it, right?  Again, not someone who works at the park and interacts with guests.  Guest Relations might be your only real outlet at the park, since they can take notes that get forwarded on to the park management, but certainly you're a better human being than to "give them an earful."  A casual, friendly, "Hey, it would be nice if..." will get you miles further.

If the "1972" in your user name refers to your birth year, this is even worse, because a grown-ass adult should not get so bothered by trivial things like this.  I hope you never have to face any actual hardship in your life.

Except its not a mild inconvenience - is 90 minutes a mild inconvenience to you?.........I pay a lot per month to be able to have the flexibility I want to show up when I want for a few hours and not pay for anything.......I don't want to waste 90 minutes in line to get the wristband when others getting the same thing can just do the whole thing on their phone - its BS......and don't age hate......I pay for the same thing people are now getting while they walk into the park using their phones......its the same damn thing but with improved access now granted to a subset of those buying it........where that didn't exist before......its totally devalued in that those people now have the time I am going to spend securing our wristbands to ride rides - while I will not.......riding rides is the point dude........all that devalues what I am paying for which is why I suggested they discount mine until they get it set up........thats reasonable to ask........

On 7/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, tndank said:

People at other parks have been able to use their season flash pass on their phone.  Must reserve it first by 8am or so.  Often have to log out and back in of the FP website after reserving.  Lots of people at Great America using season FP on their phones.

So far my search of the SFNE website is hush hush on the topic........I'll have to deal tomorrow morning when I get there.......

42 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Except its not a mild inconvenience - is 90 minutes a mild inconvenience to you?.........I pay a lot per month to be able to have the flexibility I want to show up when I want for a few hours and not pay for anything.......I don't want to waste 90 minutes in line to get the wristband when others getting the same thing can just do the whole thing on their phone - its BS......and don't age hate......I pay for the same thing people are now getting while they walk into the park using their phones......its the same damn thing but with improved access now granted to a subset of those buying it........where that didn't exist before......its totally devalued in that those people now have the time I am going to spend securing our wristbands to ride rides - while I will not.......riding rides is the point dude........all that devalues what I am paying for which is why I suggested they discount mine until they get it set up........thats reasonable to ask........

Okay "Ken," it's clear I'm not going to get through to you.  Keep on doing you.  I pity any employee in any business you visit.

PS - You can easily avoid a 90 minute wait to pick up the watch by getting there at or near opening.