TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The barrel roll drop with lots of overbanks and an inversion here and there. I think this has a lot of potential.

How does "lots of overbanks and an inversion here and there" have a lot of potential? If B&M or Intamin made a steel coaster like that we would call it "average".

^You know, I've always thought about that too. If a company like Intamin or Mack made Goliath at SFGA, it seems as if it wouldn't get as much praise as it would if it were a wooden coaster. I may be wrong, but I've always wondered how the reactions of coaster enthusiasts would be different if the coaster was all steel, even if it had an identical layout.

The barrel roll drop with lots of overbanks and an inversion here and there. I think this has a lot of potential.

How does "lots of overbanks and an inversion here and there" have a lot of potential? If B&M or Intamin made a steel coaster like that we would call it "average".

I meant that the cyclone as it is has a lot of potential. Theres a lot for RMC to work with. That was what I meant.

I like iron cyclone better. That's what it's gonna be anyway. Such a bittersweet moment!!!

How do you even know this?

i'm getting tired of coaster enthusiasts crying "RMC!!!!" when a wooden roller is even hinted at closing even several years off...

I like iron cyclone better. That's what it's gonna be anyway. Such a bittersweet moment!!!

How do you even know this?

i'm getting tired of coaster enthusiasts crying "RMC!!!!" when a wooden roller is even hinted at closing even several years off...

This coaster is absolutely getting iron horsed. This page does a good job at putting all of the evidence they have in one place. Testing new colors for the station and the cut marks and numbers on the track are the big ones for me though.

Anyway I'll say this... thanks to the topper track Cyclone has gone from a ride we (meaning my GF and I since we always go to the park together) always ignored to a ride we started to enjoy in the last few years. It's nothing special but in a way it's a shame that it's being removed now that we're finally starting to appreciate it a little more. Luckily the park has a great classic wood coaster right across the park that has always put Cyclone to shame and they just did an extensive rehab project on it (not that it needed it from a ride standpoint because it was running really well anyway).

I'm really excited for Iron Cyclone but the event on the 20th to celebrate this version of Cyclone (which I guess is really the second version of the ride) should be a lot of fun. The ride is pretty mediocre and I won't pretend otherwise just because it's closing... but it's not a bad ride in it's current form and we're excited for the opportunity to get a few last rides in.

This coaster is absolutely getting iron horsed. This page does a good job at putting all of the evidence they have in one place. Testing new colors for the station and the cut marks and numbers on the track are the big ones for me though.

Okay, that's all fine and dandy, but how do we know that it's an I-Box conversion? Why not Topper Track?

I think they will be using the iron horse treatment because it is smoother, easier to maintain, and it would become a must see for any coaster enthusiast. Oh, and since Cyclone is closing early, that means that we would be able to see it being rehabbed for three and a half months. That will make updates so much easier.