TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Any idea what the ballpark price is for a Skyroller? I too feel like that will be the next "mass purchased" ride by CF

I'd expect it to be in the 2-4 million range. So kinda a medium cost for the ride experience it offers.

Any idea what the ballpark price is for a Skyroller? I too feel like that will be the next "mass purchased" ride by CF

From what I've heard, the Gerstlauer Sky Roller that Canada's Wonderland had purchased, known as Skyhawk, had cost somewhere around $2 million to $4 million. I believe those figures are including the price of shipping, installation, and other expenses. But, I also agree that the Gerstlauer Sky Roller could be the next "mass purchased" ride in the Cedar Fair chain. I think Valleyfair and Dorney Park may be receiving one as well but, they may be smaller in size and capacity considering the attendance for both parks is significantly lower compared to other park's attendance in the Cedar Fair chain. They're a really fun ride once you learn how to flip the seats. I am glad that Skyhawk at Canada's Wonderland was the first Sky Roller in North America as it is an amazing addition to the park. I've been on it 13 times now since Season Pass Sneak Preview Night and I just can't get enough of it. My current record is 28 flips, which was quite disorientating but completely fun!

^How's the workout on it? I was on a sky fly about a week ago for the first time and only got one full rotation, with several long periods of inverted hamgtime and was completely exhausted coming off.

The workout on Skyhawk isn't too bad. Yes, you have to shift your body and alternate your wings slowly in order to flip but I don't find it tiring at all. I suppose it takes time to getting used to it. But, once you’re used to the motion of moving your wings and shifting your body, it's a really fun ride! The Sky Fly looks to be easier to flip than the Sky Roller since it is on an angle but, I may be wrong.

^How's the workout on it? I was on a sky fly about a week ago for the first time and only got one full rotation, with several long periods of inverted hamgtime and was completely exhausted coming off.

The workout on Skyhawk isn't too bad. Yes, you have to shift your body and alternate your wings slowly in order to flip but I don't find it tiring at all. I suppose it takes time to getting used to it. But, once you’re used to the motion of moving your wings and shifting your body, it's a really fun ride! The Sky Fly looks to be easier to flip than the Sky Roller since it is on an angle but, I may be wrong.

Actually heard it's the opposite. The Sky Fly is extremely difficult to flip but people are not having issues flipping the Sky Roller

I would start with Boomerang. It's a very low-capacity ride that can have very long lines. Lines shouldn't be bad for much else.

Thanks!

Haven't been before, but it's always a good idea to start with the low capacity stuff, so hit up Spinning Dragons and maybe Boomerang (If you want to go on it, that is) first.

Thanks! I will probably do Spinning Dragons then Boomerang. I want the credits but I doubt I'll want to re-ride either so it'll be nice to get them done for the day and move on.

Spinning Dragons should be your first destination. Everything else will be minimal wait as most people will be over in Oceans of Fun as the heat index is expected to be 110 or higher. Take care of yourself and keep hydrated. Free water is available at all restaurants.

Thanks! It'll be hot but I am used to it down here in Georgia.

Will you be doing the water slides? If yes, just pick up a Fast Lane+ pass. If no, then - as posted above - most coasters will have short lines as most peeps wander over the Oceans of Fun a few hours after opening.

Probably, yes, especially considering Fast Lane Plus includes the water park. The only way I would consider not doing so is if the dry park had walk ons at all the coasters. I doubt it'll be that empty considering it is a Friday and they have $19.99 Bring A Friend offers going on. Coming from Georgia, we usually get Fast Lane Plus at any Cedar Fair park if there are any lines at all. I know it'll help extensively in the water park at least. Thanks!

Any suggestions on best food?

Actually heard it's the opposite. The Sky Fly is extremely difficult to flip but people are not having issues flipping the Sky Roller

The Sky Fly at Nickelodeon is ridiculously hard to flip. I still haven't managed to get a full 360 degree flip, in all of the times I've tried it.

The Sky Fly at Nickelodeon is ridiculously hard to flip. I still haven't managed to get a full 360 degree flip, in all of the times I've tried it.

Well, I'm glad that Canada's Wonderland went with a Gerstlauer Sky Roller then. It also made for a claim, being the first one in North America at North America's most visited seasonal amusement park. Hopefully other Cedar Fair parks receive this great ride!

Workout, really?...

*face palm*

Workout, really?...

*face palm*

Shell Shock is a pretty good ab/obliques workout TBQH. I was never exhausted after riding it though.

I would start with Boomerang. It's a very low-capacity ride that can have very long lines. Lines shouldn't be bad for much else.

Thanks!

Haven't been before, but it's always a good idea to start with the low capacity stuff, so hit up Spinning Dragons and maybe Boomerang (If you want to go on it, that is) first.

Thanks! I will probably do Spinning Dragons then Boomerang. I want the credits but I doubt I'll want to re-ride either so it'll be nice to get them done for the day and move on.

Spinning Dragons should be your first destination. Everything else will be minimal wait as most people will be over in Oceans of Fun as the heat index is expected to be 110 or higher. Take care of yourself and keep hydrated. Free water is available at all restaurants.

Thanks! It'll be hot but I am used to it down here in Georgia.

Will you be doing the water slides? If yes, just pick up a Fast Lane+ pass. If no, then - as posted above - most coasters will have short lines as most peeps wander over the Oceans of Fun a few hours after opening.

Probably, yes, especially considering Fast Lane Plus includes the water park. The only way I would consider not doing so is if the dry park had walk ons at all the coasters. I doubt it'll be that empty considering it is a Friday and they have $19.99 Bring A Friend offers going on. Coming from Georgia, we usually get Fast Lane Plus at any Cedar Fair park if there are any lines at all. I know it'll help extensively in the water park at least. Thanks!

Any suggestions on best food?

I would definitely recommend starting with Spinning Dragons. It is by far usually the slowest moving line of the coasters. Fast Lane + will definitely help at Oceans, especially the newer slide complex, which tends to have long lines.

As for food, my favorite in the Taco Truck in Oceans or Santa Fe Street Tacos and Panda Express in WOF.

^As long as our flight arrives on time and we get to the park at opening, we will be doing Oceans of Fun so the Fast Lane Plus will be awesome. If we don't have time for Oceans, we may play it by ear, but honestly when traveling so far to go to a park for one day, we always get Fast Lane Plus unless their are literally no lines (aka every visit to Dorney we have ever had.... ever. lol).

Any rides worth riding that aren't on Fast Lane Plus? I need to check out the list on their website.

As for food, thank you so much for the recommendations. We will definitely do the taco truck (how can that not be delicious?!) and maybe Panda Express too (it isn't unique to the park but we do love some orange chicken!).

^As long as our flight arrives on time and we get to the park at opening, we will be doing Oceans of Fun so the Fast Lane Plus will be awesome. If we don't have time for Oceans, we may play it by ear, but honestly when traveling so far to go to a park for one day, we always get Fast Lane Plus unless their are literally no lines (aka every visit to Dorney we have ever had.... ever. lol).

Any rides worth riding that aren't on Fast Lane Plus? I need to check out the list on their website.

As for food, thank you so much for the recommendations. We will definitely do the taco truck (how can that not be delicious?!) and maybe Panda Express too (it isn't unique to the park but we do love some orange chicken!).

Pretty much all of the parks best rides are covered on Fast Lane. Cyclone Sams is worth a ride if you can handle large amounts of spinning and lateral gs. Zulu is a good ride if you are into enterprises. Speaking of Zulu, has it been having lots of problems lately? Yesterday, it was down all day and there was a bunch of maintenance trucks around it.

Off topic, but I would like to mention the great operations yesterday on Mamba! They were running two trains with an empty station and rarely stacked. Rest of the park was averaging 5 min dispatches sadly.

I would recommend Cyclone Sam's as a must ride that isn't on the Fast Lane.

Woodstock Gliders is great, and it's not on the Fast Lane. Otherwise Fast Lane is basically your must-do rides.

Battle Creek BBQ is a decent place as well, and serves beer. It's not nearly as good as the stuff you'll find downtown, but it is KC style BBQ, and that's worth a stop.

^Thanks guys.

I might try the BBQ! I love BBQ so maybe the tacos for lunch and BBQ for dinner. I am really excited about the parks flat rides so I will definitely hit Cyclone Sams early on, and use Fast Lane for the rest. This park has some of my favorite flats so that will be a big part of the day. I am really excited to try Finnish Fling!

I'm not too worried about missing Zulu and Woodstock Gliders because I've been on plenty of enterprise rides (and prefer the Schwarzkopf models) and as for flyers, the ones at Knoebels and Carowinds are hard to beat.

Ok, one more question...

Does Fast Lane allow you to pick your row on every coaster? Also, does it merge with the station queue where you still wait a few cycles?

Yes, Fast Lane gets you to the station (bypasses the queue lines), where you then can choose your row.

Ok, one more question...

Does Fast Lane allow you to pick your row on every coaster? Also, does it merge with the station queue where you still wait a few cycles?

Yes, Fast Lane gets you to the station (bypasses the queue lines), where you then can choose your row.

Perfect! That's my favorite set up. Thank you again! Really looking forward to visiting for the first time.

Ok, one more question...

Perfect! That's my favorite set up. Thank you again! Really looking forward to visiting for the first time.

I think you'll really enjoy it. I bought these 2 t-shirts the last time I was there. The Zambezi Zinger was the first rollercoaster I ever rode, the Orient Express was my first upside down coaster the year it was built.

If you're looking for breakfast, we ate a really awesome place before we went to the park called Succotash. It's only 20 minutes from the park, but the hash browns were probably some of the best I've ever had. Really decent coffee, too. It's been on the food network and a bunch of other crap, too. It's got kind of an urban hipster vibe and along with the delicious terrible for you breakfast foord there are a ton of healthy and organic options if you're into that kind of thing.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/succotash-kansas-city

Or, for just really really good fresh Coffee, hit up the Roasterie.

https://www.theroasterie.com/

I seriously recommend giving either of these, or both, a try.