TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's SFMM Meet & DVD Party!

Theme Park Review's "Dinner & A Movie..And Six Flags Too!"

Hey all!

As the Summer Season coasts to a close it's time for another TPR Meet!

This time around we have some exciting news about the meet! We will be previewing our new Europe DVD! So if you want to be the first one to see our latest DVD before anyone else, this is your chance!

Here are the details!

Date: Saturday, September 17th

Meeting Times:

- 9:30am at the gates of Magic Mountain

- 2pm in front of Goliath

- 6pm at Robb & Elissa's for Pizza, Wings, Drinks, Games, Prizes, and a preview of the European DVD!

Come to one or all of the meets!

Any questions post them here!

Please email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com now if you think you’ll be attending. Final RSVP’s need to be received by Wednesday, September 14th! Maps and directions will be provided once you have RSVP’d.

RSVP's should include your name, names of others who will be attending with you, which meets you'll be at, and a valid email address.

Anyone who came to the last one will tell you what a good time we all had (just check out the pix http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfmm2005/sfmm1.htm) we hope to have even more fun this time around!

FAQ

1) What will this cost me? - NOTHING for the Dinner & A Movie Fun at Robb & Elissa’s! If you have a Six Flags Magic Mountain pass you’re good there, if you need a ticket to Hurricane Harbor we have some coupons that we can send you. (Note: you may want money for lockers, souvenirs, lunch, etc.)

2) What do I need to bring? – If you’re going to Hurricane Harbor make sure to wear a bathing suit, bring a change of clothes, towel…you know what you need! Oh! A sense of humor is a MUST!!!

3) What will we do at Robb & Elissa’s? – We’ll be cooking food, we’ll have Video Games hooked up, we’ll play games to win prizes, we have a pool, and we’ll be showing the 2005 European DVD in the Theater!

4) Why do I need to RSVP? – We need to buy enough food, drinks, and supplies for everyone! As well as set up seating, activities and prizes. Once you have RSVP’d you will be provided with directions to Robb & Elissa’s and even more information!

5) What if the weather is bad? – This is RAIN OR SHINE! If the weather prohibits visiting Hurricane Harbor we will meet at Magic Mountain at 9:30am. We will send out a notice if this is the case (again another reason to RSVP!)

6) Can I post about this to other boards? – Yes, absolutely! The more the merrier!

7) Are there any age restrictions? – Obviously not to Six Flags! To come to our party you must be 14 or older, or be accompanied by an adult.

8) Can I bring my own food or alcohol? – Because this is being held in a special room, there are restrictions on food and drink. All food and drink will be provided by Robb & Elissa.

9) Is there anything else I need to know? – Be prepared to have a great time! But be aware that any rude or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave immediately.

10) I still have more questions, how can I ask them? – If you have any questions or comments please post them to this thread or email them to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

**Disclaimer**

This is not a park sponsored event; there is no ERT, no benefits of any kind at Six Flags. This is a party being thrown by Robb & Elissa out of the goodness of our hearts! We have the right to cancel this at any time and if you’re coming from out of town please take that into consideration as we cannot be held liable for any costs incurred. We reserve the right to limit the number of Dinner & A Movie attendees if necessary. We also reserve the right to refuse admission to the party to any individual if necessary.

Elissa "get ready for another fun day!" Alvey

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer, I am going to be at magic mountain on the 18th September, it's the only day I can be there on my 2005 USA tour - not getting in to LA until 1am on sat night/sun morning.

Ha ha - maybe I can drop by for left overs on Sunday.

Hey Elissa,

that sounds good! Another meeting at Robb and Elissa´s house! I have seen your pictures from the first meeting and it looks like you have had a lot of fun! That makes it to sad, that I can not come! It is really to far away, only for one day! However, I hope you will really enjoy that day!

--Sören

will the wings be there? :shock:

i'll see if i can raise up the 2.5billion dollars for air fare from SanAntonio to Valencia.and the other 100.25trillion dollars for those expensive six flags tickets.

i only have 1 thing prepared.my sence of humor

p.s. elissa can we buy TPR shirts there?

^^Yeah you can buy shirts...if there are still some left, we are down to less than 10 of each size (some sizes only have 2 or 3 left).

^We'd love to have you!

Elissa "one video segment done, 19 to go!" Alvey

oof... japan the week before, and then spend my berfday at hurricane harbor? do you people honestly think i'm made out of yen?

it's YAM, people, YAMS. i am made out of YAMS.

..okay, that was a lie.

man i wish i could make it folks. i'm such a CP junkie, i have yet in my 25 years to check SFMM's coasters out. it's a midwestern thing i think. and yet, goliath beckons... hey, if japan falls through *knock on wood*, i just might be up for a birthday trip.

brickin brick brick (and other indoor sports),

>hms<

p.s. two words -- sleep deprivation.

Oh boy, Another meet. I hope to stay for the entire thing this time. The last meet was fun and now I now to STAY AWAY from Robbs Hot wings! This meet should be even better!

Kevin"Good thing I didn't comer to the BBQ and didn't try the hot wings of death!"Bujold

*SIGH* I would love to come... it sounds like such a blast! Just one problem though... I LIVE IN ILLINOIS. Blah....

If you live near O'Hare fares should be rather cheap on American since that's their other major hub .. it's $158 out of DFW right now .. so should be roughly the same from ORD.

Well I live in Michigan about 3 hours from Detroit or Chicago so... And on top of that I'm only 16, don't have a job and school will have started then.

Oh well. If you guys are going to do a meet in the midwest next year or so (Holiday World? Cedar Point? Dells?) I'll probably come to that with the craziest friend I can get a hold of and convince to come.

ride6

I'd go, but school has started, and I'll probably devoting my life to finishing AP US History Subject Matter Outlines, which are practical(ly) hell. Oh what fun. I was planning to go August 3rd, though.

(maybe we could do group discounts?)

Oh well. If you guys are going to do a meet in the midwest next year or so (Holiday World? Cedar Point? Dells?) I'll probably come to that with the craziest friend I can get a hold of and convince to come.

ride6

*chants* Cedar Point! Cedar Point! Cedar Point! *chant continues*

Seriouslly, I think CP would be a great place for the next meet. Its better for all us midwesterners to get to, and it'll give all the rest of you a chance to go back to one of the best parks out there (well, IMO atleast)

Jared "the next meet should be at CP" Becker

If you live near O'Hare fares should be rather cheap on American since that's their other major hub .. it's $158 out of DFW right now .. so should be roughly the same from ORD.

Yeah, but I'm getting married and all my money is going to the wedding and saving up for a house. I can't really afford airfare either... it was a nice thought though...