TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The colors may make it look a little Minecraft-y, but this is CF we're talking about, they couldn't have gone too dark and scary. The fact that we're getting a coaster station that vaguely resembles a Gothic cathedral is still freaking awesome, I think it's going to look great.

They could do something similar to what we did for the Haunted Hostel attraction at Conneaut Lake - finish the solid colors and then "dirty it up" around the edges to make it look older or more worn.

^Given the fences I'm assuming that are will be accessible for normal guests, right? If so, great! Should give some nice angles to take pictures or film the ride.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you meant but as far as being able to walk right up to the fences, no guest will not be able to. Those fences are inside of the fenced-in ride area and are in place anywhere the ride comes within a certain distance (I believe it is 10 feet) of the ground. A similar area can be seen at the bottom of Diamondbacks first drop. The queue area should give some great photo ops though.

I love all the new land scaping. I really hope testing will begin tomorrow. Now, are they just pouring regular concrete over the old action zone circle? There where footers in there, so something is going there.

Why did they put fencing and concrete under the first drop? Is it for the camera?

I believe it is actually gravel, though it does look like concrete on the webcam. It is a safety issue.

There has been some activity by the lift motor the last half hour or so. We maybe getting close.

Those last three inversions look like there going to provide massive amounts of good old fashion B&M body crushing madness. Not digging all the concrete slabs, this isn't prison.

You mean under the ride? I am pretty sure that is gravel, just as what is under the lowest spots on Diamondback.