TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

So myself and a few friends are thinking about making a trip to the park on May 16th. Its a bout a 5 hour drive for us, so we would come in Sunday night, get a hotel and then visit Monday the 16th. I checked the website and there doesn't seem to be any events or anything going on for that date, but was curious if anyone knew how busy the park might be that day for its first Monday of the season... wasn't sure if that may be a big school event day or anything like that...

Long story short, you should be fine that day. There may be school groups but they tend to thin out as the day goes on. The only thing to note is that some of the rides may not be operating early in the day for staffing reasons. Backlot seems to be the coaster that often falls into that category.

So myself and a few friends are thinking about making a trip to the park on May 16th. Its a bout a 5 hour drive for us, so we would come in Sunday night, get a hotel and then visit Monday the 16th. I checked the website and there doesn't seem to be any events or anything going on for that date, but was curious if anyone knew how busy the park might be that day for its first Monday of the season... wasn't sure if that may be a big school event day or anything like that...

Long story short, you should be fine that day. There may be school groups but they tend to thin out as the day goes on. The only thing to note is that some of the rides may not be operating early in the day for staffing reasons. Backlot seems to be the coaster that often falls into that category.

Thanks for the info. My biggest concern was school crowds and long wait times, but thats why we're picking a Monday. I figure ride ops would be shorthanded and the possibility of rides opening throughout the day is a possibility. The only rides I havent ridden yet are Banshee and Windseeker, so Im not too concerned if we miss a few.

I hate April Fools Day

Same.

It was funny when I saw this from the first 6,000 parks.

I don't think I ever thought it was funny. . . Just annoying. And Now I'm just like... "Oh look... Another one. " It's almost as bad as this:

in every other thread.

Great picture! I wonder if the logo has lights behind it? Does Carowinds light up at their toll gate? That would look really neat if it did, but even if it doesn't, it still looks great! Looking forward to the pics from Saturday and Sunday when you go!

I know i may post to many (or edit my posts) to show pictures and info about what I find out. Sorry if its annoying. Just dont know how else to get the word to you guys.

Anyways KI just posted a new picture on their Instagram and it shows the new entrance for WWC. Well there will neither be a bridge over the tracks or a tunnel underneath the tracks to get to WWC. Instead there will be..............................................................A crossing!

IMG_2556.thumb.PNG.cf3cc39c03250674aed0f71e677ccc80.PNG

Photo cred to Kings Islands instagram

The toll plaza is looking really nice! Ill be at the Great Wolf on saturday and sunday and ill grab some pics of Tropical Plunge and anything else!

I thought Great Wolf was the hotel just next to KI that got demolished? The one with the indoor water park. Which hotel was that?

Where can I find KI coupons for 1 day admission? Are there any local retail stores or restaurants that have them, or on products such as soda cans or anything?

Any Kroger will have you covered. Also their online prices are pretty much the same. If you're planning on going before the end of may you can buy a ticket for $30 on the website but it only lasts one more day for the sale I think.

The toll plaza is looking really nice! Ill be at the Great Wolf on saturday and sunday and ill grab some pics of Tropical Plunge and anything else!

I thought Great Wolf was the hotel just next to KI that got demolished? The one with the indoor water park. Which hotel was that?

That was the old Kings Island Resort that was across the street from Great Wolf. The KI Resort was there in '72 when the park opened. It was extremely dated and basically lost all of its business as soon as Great Wolf opened.

Where can I find KI coupons for 1 day admission? Are there any local retail stores or restaurants that have them, or on products such as soda cans or anything?

Any Kroger will have you covered. Also their online prices are pretty much the same. If you're planning on going before the end of may you can buy a ticket for $30 on the website but it only lasts one more day for the sale I think.

Got it! thanks for the info

That was the old Kings Island Resort that was across the street from Great Wolf. The KI Resort was there in '72 when the park opened. It was extremely dated and basically lost all of its business as soon as Great Wolf opened.

Oh, ok! I didn't even know it was ever a part of KI. Thanks for the info and clarification.

Hmm I'm wondering, did the park operate it or did another company operate it/Kings Island Resort?

I believe, anyone can correct me if im wrong, that The park owned and somewhat operated the resort until the park was purchased by Cedar Fair. At the time i believe either the same management from the PKI Stayed running the Resort (without the parks help) or it was sold to a different company. I do know since Cedar Fair bought Kings Island, Service and maintaining the resort dropped a lot over the years, leading to its closure and demolition