TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

I'm sorry Disney and Islands of Adventure fans. Europa park (in my opinion) is the best themed park in the world. I love their ability to have insane theming with the combination of coasters that are allowed to be coasters, and not entirely hidden. The have a perfect balance of building coasters that are pretty without the theming, and then theming around them.

I'm sorry Disney and Islands of Adventure fans. Europa park (in my opinion) is the best themed park in the world. I love their ability to have insane theming with the combination of coasters that are allowed to be coasters, and not entirely hidden. The have a perfect balance of building coasters that are pretty without the theming, and then theming around them.

Agreed. All the little details in the lines for the rides and just how everything fits so perfect.

--James

^^I totaly agree. The Macks have an incredible eye for detail. Not just when it comes to the coasters and themed areas but also to any seasonal events, like halloween and christmas.

I also admire the parks developement. I remember the late 90's when it was still possible to ride everything in one single day. Now they're building their 11th rollercoaster, their 4th hotel and they already announced another big project for 2013. This is an incredible achievement for a family run business.

let me guess... you talk about "raclette". I know you like it, its indeed one of my favourite winter food in swiss, france and of course in my home-country germany if you haven´t tried it yet, i assume you... you have to. looks like there is a big market gap in the USA. Because in Germany Raclette boomed in the last 15 years extremely, nearly everyone eats that stuff on NewYear's Eve... and the special offens a realy cheap. So if you visit one of these countries and if you love cheese, than you really should give it a try...

... of course the (most) other food i tried in the park is good, too.

The 2012 wooden coaster supposedly is going to be named Wodan!?!?

From Screamscape:

2012 - Woden / Mythos - (12/8/11) New construction pictures of the GCI wooden coaster going up at Europa Park can be found at RollerCoasterRevolution this week. The park has also released the new name for the ride… WODAN. Yeah… Wodan: Timbur Coaster. Hmm…Wodan? Is it me or does it sound more like one of Godzilla’s fellow monsters? Got to say I liked Mythos as a name much better… but in the end, the coaster looks very cool regardless.

The food is excellent. It's often a chore to decide where to go. They never get a mention on Golden Ticket for their food, mind you. Shame.

Did you give the "Schloss Balthasar" a try already ? Cause Rainer and me did last weekend (for the first time...)...and I have to say that it`s another excellent restaurant inside the park with a great "knight`s castle" vibe ! Dishes are between 15,- and 25,- Euros...so it`s more on the expensive side...but the quality is VERY good...and so is the atmosphere.

We liked it alot...but I guess it`s still sort of an insiders tipp

^I'm always a bit annoyed when Knoebels wins the "Best Food" Golden Ticket over parks like Epcot and Europa. I do think Knoebels food is very good and reasonably priced (the perfect example of "amusement park" food), but it can't really top the restaurants at Epcot and Europa. Maybe they need two categories: "snack" food and "restaurant" food.

Then again, the Golden Tickets are dominated by American enthusiasts, many of whom haven't been to Europa. Broader horizons are a good thing.

HI everyone!

My name is Marc and this is my first post on this forum but I'm already following it for years, especially to know and understand the American vision and opinion about European parks. It's interessting!

I live in BELGIUM, a country without real good parks except Plopsaland De Panne, wich is the best themed & most ambitious themepark in this country and they do have the best coaster also until now .

Anyway, this is about Europa Park! My first visit to the park was in 1997 (I'm 25yo now). When I was there at that time I still remember it already made a huge impression on me as a kid. I didn't know what to expect but I got overwhelmed. The park wasn't well known at that time, I think only in Germany but not realy in the rest of Europe. It also was the opening year of Euro Mir, wich I didn't do that year because I still was 'afraid' of rollercoasters or at least big ones haha .

It's true that Europa Park made a huge huuuuuuuge evolution since the beginning of 2000. When I compare it with how it was back in 1997 (wich is not realy 'long' ago) it's crazy!

I also specialy like the concept a lot! All that beautiful stuff we have in Europe and all those different cultures coming together in one park ... I like it very much. But still I also think there is some work to do, like I wish they would represent some country's better like France, Italy or Austria for example by building famous monuments or buildings of these places. Just a bit more theming in some parts of the park. But Greece for example is realy wonderful to walk through!

About WODAN Timbur Coaster.... It looks great but I specialy look forward to the theming! I think they will surprise us...

The food is excellent. It's often a chore to decide where to go. They never get a mention on Golden Ticket for their food, mind you. Shame.

Did you give the "Schloss Balthasar" a try already ? Cause Rainer and me did last weekend (for the first time...)...and I have to say that it`s another excellent restaurant inside the park with a great "knight`s castle" vibe ! Dishes are between 15,- and 25,- Euros...so it`s more on the expensive side...but the quality is VERY good...and so is the atmosphere.

We liked it alot...but I guess it`s still sort of an insiders tipp

I wished I would have gotten those tips before our visit as we ended up eating in the Bavarian beer garden where the food really wasn't very good. Will remember that if I ever get back there again.

Fortunately they had good draught beer, so that more than made up for it. And of course, Europa was one of the nicest theme parks I have ever been too so that more than made up for any bad meal.

Besides, I'm American...I'm used to overpriced crappy foods as part of my theme park experience, so it was no big deal to me!

What do you guys think...will "Wodan" be as intense as other GCI`s are ???

@ Philrad : So something went VERY wrong there I mean it`s really hard to find "crappy" food at Europa

(yep...the beer garden is definitively more the "low end" to be honest)

Greeds...GeorgeT