TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

They're not very good flyers but IMO bad flyers are better than no flyers. There's not a whole lot to do at the park so honestly you might as well take the 10 minutes to try it.

True. The park is a half day park at best, and that's only because there's not much to do and the operations are terrible. (Un)Fortunately I live nearby and don't really have to go out of my way to visit. This summer is the first time I actually rode a flyer anywhere and was introduced to snapping so now I'm hooked!

The fact that anyone would even argue that blows my mind. Larsons can't compete with Bisch-Rocco flyers ever (unless you're Lake Compounce and you find a way to put the dumbest sail ever on the Bisch-Roccos ).

I've only ever ridden the Larson flyers, and from what I understand, that means basically that I haven't ridden any flyers. I know Knoebels has the Bisch-Rocco ones, and I'm very much looking forward to trying those out. Anyone else in eastern PA or NJ have a Bisch-Rocco flyers?

Not really. There's one just north of the PA boarder in Elmira, NY, but is closed for the season. I have not personally been, but have heard it's a major hidden gem and flies wonderfully.

I want to take a spring vacation and throw in a SF park or CF park. Looking thru SFOG, SFOT threads they seem packed during break. What's SFA like during the break? Thinking of hitting the DC museums and national mall, since I haven't done that in a while. Possibly throw in a SFA and/or Kings Dominion.

^ In before Coasterbill tells you to go to Kings Dominion.

Really though? Go to Kings Dominion. I used to think this was just a funny thing Bill said buy now that I've been to both I know why.

Just go to Kings Dominion.

It honestly depends on how much time you will have to hit up the parks. If you will only have a couple of hours, I would go to SFA to ride Wild One and Superman. (You can honestly do all the coasters at SFA in a few hours.) If you have a full day, I would go to KD. If you have 2 - 3 days, I would go to Kings Dominion, Colonial Williamsburg (for the history thing), and BGW (it would be a shame not to drive another hour past KD and hit up BGW). KD is about 90 minutes from DC's National Mall, SFA is about 30 minutes, of course that all depends on DC traffic.

It honestly depends on how much time you will have to hit up the parks. If you will only have a couple of hours, I would go to SFA to ride Wild One and Superman. (You can honestly do all the coasters at SFA in a few hours.) If you have a full day, I would go to KD. If you have 2 - 3 days, I would go to Kings Dominion, Colonial Williamsburg (for the history thing), and BGW (it would be a shame not to drive another hour past KD and hit up BGW). KD is about 90 minutes from DC's National Mall, SFA is about 30 minutes, of course that all depends on DC traffic.

Time is not an issue. Originally thinking 7-10 days total trip. I have done Colonial Williamsburg in the past as well as BGW, both some years back. I have never been to KD or SFA and was going to hit them on a weekday during the march/april school break. I was thinking 1 day at SFA and 1 at KD. The rest of the trip will be museums, monuments, sights, etc.. I love museums and can easily spend a day in each Smithsonian and be thrilled. My main question was the crowd levels at SFA during the break.

Time is not an issue. Originally thinking 7-10 days total trip. I have done Colonial Williamsburg in the past as well as BGW, both some years back. I have never been to KD or SFA and was going to hit them on a weekday during the march/april school break. I was thinking 1 day at SFA and 1 at KD. The rest of the trip will be museums, monuments, sights, etc.. I love museums and can easily spend a day in each Smithsonian and be thrilled. My main question was the crowd levels at SFA during the break.

The crowds are more than manageable. The first day could be a little dicey, but other than that, you'll get it all the coasters in within 2-3 hours (finished the rollercoaster race in 2h 05 min). Throw in shows and flats, then about 4-5 depending on show times. If it were water park time, then a day trip.

Kings Dominion is an infinitely better park in every way but if you can swing 1 day at each park then go for it.

From what I heard, when the park wanted to put in the Wild One helix they had to move the daughter's grave. Ever since she's haunted the park.

It is a pretty creepy looking house. I would love to go back there at some point...they should make it a haunt. Heh...that'd be disrespectful though.

Well, it happened! Coasterfreak101 is a prophet

If anyone is in the area and willing to drive an extra half-hour, there is this new haunt attraction currently going on. It is called the Nevermore Haunt.

"The Nevermore Haunt is a brand new haunted attraction conveniently located near the heart of Baltimore, Maryland.baltimore-maryland-haunted-house-7

Inspired by the city around us and set in the late 19th century, we hope to terrify and entertain our guests with a unique twist on our favorite Halloween tradition.

Our convenient Fell’s Point shuttle and central location in historic Old Town puts us a very short ride from prime dining and night life locations around the city, making a stop through our little show the perfect addition to a chill autumn night out on the town.

The Nevermore Haunt is the creation of Engineered Fear Productions, a Maryland based haunted attraction production company that formed in order to open a haunted house here in Baltimore. Engineered Fear Productions consists of actors, make-up artists and set designers who have worked together at some of the best haunted houses, fields, woods and forests across the state of Maryland over the past 10 years."

From what I heard, when the park wanted to put in the Wild One helix they had to move the daughter's grave. Ever since she's haunted the park.

It is a pretty creepy looking house. I would love to go back there at some point...they should make it a haunt. Heh...that'd be disrespectful though.

Well, it happened! Coasterfreak101 is a prophet.

Oh hey, look at me go!