TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Interesting photos.

Yeah that theater has been dark for a LONG time (perhaps they are finally gutting it), I only see personnel go in there to change in/out of costumes.

And wasn't the Iron Eagle (Rotoshaker) where the Zydeco Zinger is right now?

And wasn't the Iron Eagle (Rotoshaker) where the Zydeco Zinger is right now?

Nope, Iron Eagle was where "Celebration Stage" is/was (that pad to the east of Pirates Flight, South of the train station, west of the WB Theater, North of the Grand Theater... I believe they did "The Awakening" for Fright Fest in that area a few times). The actual stage for the "Celebration Stage" was mostly made up of the large footer for Iroln Eagle that was never removed. I believe Zydeco Zinger (as it's currently called) has always been in the location where it is now (next to Wild One) and there was nothing in that spot prior to it's addition.

I'm making my first trip to SFA on Monday (8/6) and have a few questions for y'all

1) Any thoughts on how crowded it might be? I hear this park doesn't usually get too packed, but my visit will be right around the end of summer break (Atleast in Chicago) so I'm thinking maybe it won't be dead?

2) Any seating recommendations for the coasters?

3) I'm considering spending a few hours at Hurricane Harbor. Would it be worth my time? I hear the waterpark is popular here so if it's going to be more crowded than the dry park I might not bother

4) Does Apocalypse have on-ride photos?

Any more tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm making my first trip to SFA on Monday (8/6) and have a few questions for y'all

1) Any thoughts on how crowded it might be? I hear this park doesn't usually get too packed, but my visit will be right around the end of summer break (Atleast in Chicago) so I'm thinking maybe it won't be dead?

3) I'm considering spending a few hours at Hurricane Harbor. Would it be worth my time? I hear the waterpark is popular here so if it's going to be more crowded than the dry park I might not bother

1. The days I've been this summer, have had a fair number of camp group outings

2. For Wild One and Roar, I always go full frontal as far as seating goes. Superman: Ride of Steel, back row

3. Oh yeah, Hurricane Harbor does get packed

4. Used to, it was removed last year.

1. On a Monday you should nearly have the park to yourself. Most camps visit later in the week.

2. Front and Back on Superman and Wild one. Front Seat only on everything else.

3. Hurricane Harbor is definitely worth your time we have slides that great america doesn't have such as Bonzai Pipelines and Halfpipe. Even on 4th of July it wasn't overwhelmingly packed.

4.I'm not sure.

Additional Tips: Outside of the coasters ride Wonder Woman it's a really fun ride. If you plan on eating in the park, I suggest the Saloon by Mind Eraser, The offerings are similar to that of JB's at other parks. Also what area of Maryland or Virginia do you plan on staying in?

1. You should be fine crowd wise. School/camp groups usually leave before 5 pm so if you stay late you'll be fine, especially on a Monday. School is out here until the end of August so no one should be in a rush to get to this park on a Monday.

2. My recommendations:

- Superman - BOTH front and back

- Joker's Jinx - Both front and back - gives a totally different experience, especially near the end of the ride

- Roar - Back - its rough but its not as boring at the front

- Apocalypse - anywhere - kinda boring coaster

- Wild One - Back - the front is boring

- Mind Eraser - I equally enjoy the front and back but the back definitely gets whipped around

- Ragin - It only seats four so it does not matter but if you have two people try to get both of you on the same side so its uneven. I notice it spins more that way

- Batwing - not sure if its still down or not. If not, I prefer the last row. The loop in that row is very intense.

- Kiddie credit - adults can ride alone. it doesn't matter where you sit.

3. I really enjoy the water park here. The Tornado and Half Pipe are clones but the rest are all really fun. They have the option for Flash Pass for the water park if you feel you need it. Don't miss Zoomazon Falls - ride all of them if they are open!

4. Honestly, not sure. Have not rode it this year. It did last year.

In general news for the park...

- Their water rides on the dry side are not really that interesting

- The rodeo runs a terrible watered down cycle

- The bumper cars are not the best

- Ride the drop tower - its small but packs a punch

- Falling Star is actually fun but requires two people

- Their antique cars are sad - NO themeing

- Wonder Woman gives a great view of the park and seems like it runs a longer cycle

- The Saloon in the wild west section has decent food and is air conditioned

- You can not use your food pass at Johnny Rockets as you can at other Six Flags parks

- The only show worth seeing would be the stunt show

^^ SFMM sent out that same notice, word for word, except the challenge is to ride Tatsu seven times in a row and ride Twisted Colossus in front without closing your eyes.

Yeah let's trade.

That's an easy challenge, I actually really enjoy Mind Eraser in the front.

Front row of Roar with your eyes open? I could see that on Superman because the height scares people but Roar, really? They need better people running their social sites. They missed the mark when trying to fool everyone with Wahoo River and the crypt keeper pics too.

Front row of Roar with your eyes open? I could see that on Superman because the height scares people but Roar, really? They need better people running their social sites. They missed the mark when trying to fool everyone with Wahoo River and the crypt keeper pics too.

I agree that was way too much teasing for what was ultimately a slightly larger improved lazy river.

I'm subscribed to almost all of the newsletters and it's a literal cut-and-paste job. Every single one has the same copy, just with different coasters swapped out. I'd be surprised if it's anything to do with SFA specifically, it probably all comes straight from corporate HQ.

^^ SFMM sent out that same notice, word for word, except the challenge is to ride Tatsu seven times in a row and ride Twisted Colossus in front without closing your eyes.

SFOT sent out the same email too. Except 7 times on Batma , and Titan with eyes open.

Yeah, not sure I could handle Mind Eraser or Batman 7 times in a row. I'll take SFMM's challenge instead!!